Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:13 Quote
2020 Strives are due to be announced this month. Would be surprised if that wasn't it.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
muckwarrior wrote:
2020 Strives are due to be announced this month. Would be surprised if that wasn't it.

2020 Strives are up. Glad I got a ‘19. They increased the prices and lowered the spec. The CF 8 used to have Reynolds carbon wheels, and carbon bars and crank. It’s now aluminum across the board and $300 more, albeit with XT instead of the GX/X01 mix.

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 4:46 Quote
Strelok1987i wrote:
muckwarrior wrote:

2020 Strives are up. Glad I got a ‘19. They increased the prices and lowered the spec. The CF 8 used to have Reynolds carbon wheels, and carbon bars and crank. It’s now aluminum across the board and $300 more, albeit with XT instead of the GX/X01 mix.

Dammit. I remember they did that in 2016 as well. Shuffled the spec a bit but basically just increased prices.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
Hello gang! I am about to pull the trigger on a neuron AL 7.0. As luck would have it, I am in the middle of two sizes. I am 193cm with 91cm inseam, and large is up to 192 and XL from 193 and upwards. Now the "perfect fitting tool" says I should get the XL, but the agent on the chat thought that my inseam is shortish so I should go with the L (is it?). Does anyone have an opinion, or even better, has about the same measurements and same model to give me a heads up?

Additionally, has anyone ordered in 2020 from in-stock models? They state that there could be a delay of "some days" due to the IT incident, but I have sold my previous bike and cannot wait too long... Are the orders moving or is everything halted hopelessly?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 1:42 Quote
They called 91cm inseam shortish!??! Personally I can't see you on anything other than a XL.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
Well, shortish for my height according to them..

Strangely, on my previous Scott scale 970 (2016) XL, I had to bring the saddle to the front and install a shorter stem (from 90mm to 50mm) and I still felt a bit stretched on the bike so I started thinking that maybe I have shorter extremities or somehting.. I want my sitting position to be roomy, but not so much that I will tend to slide to the front of the saddle on hard climbs, as was the case on the scott... Then again the scott was an XC bike, and those tend to be "reachy" compared to trail bikes, right?

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
It is difficult with body portions. I'm not tall at 182 but I've got long arms and legs with a 89cm inseam, I run a 210mm dropper on my strive with the post 40mm from max insertion. My mate is exactly the same height but needs the saddle 70mm lower.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
I have the Canyon Spectral CFR 9.0 SL 2019. With carbon rear. Purchased 3½ month ago.

I continue getting play in the pivot bearings near the rear axle. They come loose in their press fit assembly. They almost can get pulled out and in again with fingers. This is the third seatstay now. Canyon Service and Support has been great so far, they have so far, send me two new chain/seatstay sets now. (come in a whole assembly with chain and stay together)

What the heck is going on? Anyone else here with a 2018/2019 Spectral CFR? Could you check yours for play please?
You can feel the play when standing on the left of the bike, while holding the front brake with left hand, you flex the rear wheel with you right hand from side to side. It feels like if the rear axle isn't tightened properly, but of course it is.

I've tried with loctite 648 compound, but it only works temporarily.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
Anyone tried a coil shock on a '19+ Strive? I'm curious how well it climbs with the shapeshifter and how progressive the leverage curve is.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
subwaypanda wrote:
It is difficult with body portions. I'm not tall at 182 but I've got long arms and legs with a 89cm inseam, I run a 210mm dropper on my strive with the post 40mm from max insertion. My mate is exactly the same height but needs the saddle 70mm lower.

89 inseam for 182 height? Those are flamingo proportions! Thanks for the reply, I will probably go for the XL, too risky to go lower...

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 0:47 Quote
Hi guys. I don’t suppose anyone knows the max post insertion on a 2015 large strive? Looking at trying to fit a OneUp 210mm post shimmed down but gona be close.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 2:34 Quote
I have a 210mm one up on my large strive. Inserted all the way you will have about 30mm +/-5mm of post between the seat clamp and the top collar of the post. I have long legs so it is raised a little on mine but I can check exactly for you when I get the chance.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
subwaypanda wrote:
I have a 210mm one up on my large strive. Inserted all the way you will have about 30mm +/-5mm of post between the seat clamp and the top collar of the post. I have long legs so it is raised a little on mine but I can check exactly for you when I get the chance.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah if you could please that would be a big help. My current post is 270mm from seat clamp to rails on the saddle. Think my inseam is about 77cm ish.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
Ash77 wrote:
subwaypanda wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah if you could please that would be a big help. My current post is 270mm from seat clamp to rails on the saddle. Think my inseam is about 77cm ish.

With the post fully inserted the seat clamp to center point on the rail is 279mm.

Obviously there and be a few mm difference between bikes and set ups but you should be fine if you drop it to 200mm

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
subwaypanda wrote:
Ash77 wrote:
subwaypanda wrote:

With the post fully inserted the seat clamp to center point on the rail is 279mm.

Obviously there and be a few mm difference between bikes and set ups but you should be fine if you drop it to 200mm

Thanks for the help. Reckon it’s gona be tight but always got the option of dropping it to 190mm too.
Did you go with OneUp lever or a different one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014113
Mobile Version of Website