Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 23:26 Quote
Blecornu20 wrote:
Looking for a bit of help with setup on a new 2020 Canyon Strive CF 9.0. I am 5’6” and weigh 69kg. Advanced rider, any help would be appreciated!

Yep definitely go 170mm 2021 debonair spring, easy job. I'm around 72kg (a decent bit taller than you though) and ride quite hard, running;
70 psi/one token in the front (with 170mm debonair 2021)
165 in the rear with one token (although I'll be putting in a second token and changing the stroke spacer from 5mm to 2.5mm soon to grab an extra few mm travel, so see how that goes)
170psi in the shapeshifter

Running an Assegai 2.5WT/3c Maxx Terra on the front, rear changes a bit as I haven't made my mind up on a tyre yet. I was in between M/L as well so I slammed my stem down and popped on high rise carbon bars to get an extra bit of reach which has also been great.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 23:45 Quote
Need help from experienced Riders
So I have been looking at the new Canyon Lux CF 7 and its rear shock. Researching the length of the shock online gave me the info that the eye-to-eye length is 210 mm, another info given is that it has a remote lockout, but when i look up fox shocks with an eye-to-eye 210mm and a remote lockout feature there simply no shock in the world with those two features combined(there is a 200mm shock with remote so the info could be wrong). Is this a proprietary shock that only canyon can and lets say I have and want to upgrade the rear shock and keep the remote lockout feature what do i do ?

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 1:25 Quote
churchburner wrote:
Blecornu20 wrote:
Looking for a bit of help with setup on a new 2020 Canyon Strive CF 9.0. I am 5’6” and weigh 69kg. Advanced rider, any help would be appreciated!

Yep definitely go 170mm 2021 debonair spring, easy job. I'm around 72kg (a decent bit taller than you though) and ride quite hard, running;
165 in the rear with one token (although I'll be putting in a second token and changing the stroke spacer from 5mm to 2.5mm soon to grab an extra few mm travel, so see how that goes)

Running an Assegai 2.5WT/3c Maxx Terra on the front, rear changes a bit as I haven't made my mind up on a tyre yet. I was in between M/L as well so I slammed my stem down and popped on high rise carbon bars to get an extra bit of reach which has also been great.

Is it not too harsh at the rear with 165 psi ?

I'm the same weight, running 155, and it already feels too much, but at the same time I bottom out hard on some landing. It doesn't feel that progressive, despite the fact that it is. I know that Nicolai was running 155 too, for the same weight.

I was planning going for a Megneg to get it right. I got spoiled by the rear end of my Capra I think.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
Hey, need some help with the sag on my bike. I'm on a Canyon Strive 2016 and I'm running 30% sag in the rear and 25% in the front, what do you guys run for your sag? I'm also 67kg.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 21:25 Quote
Hey, need some help with my Neuron AL 2019, need to change the bearings of the headset, does anyone know the measures of the bearings. Thanks !!!

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 2:59 Quote
SEAN11 wrote:
Following my previous post I decided to do a bit of investigative work, and I am very glad I did.
The lower pivot bolt had worked itself loose twice now despite being tightened to the correct torque figure and there was a definite creaking low down on the bike
lower pivot suspension bolt.

The bolt has some very noticeable wear on it
wear on lower suspension bolt

and this is likely the cause of both issues, a seized bearing on the right hand side lower linkage:
seized faulty bearing

If anyone is curious, Canyon sorted this out for me on warranty with absolutely no hassle. They were quick to reply to my emails and checked over other things on the bike for me while it was in.

Really impressed with their customer service. I was worried they would be as bad as some of the other direct to consumer brands, but there was no need. I sent the bike off to Canyon UK with a pre-paid UPS label, they got to work on the bike quickly and in all it was a nice quick turn around.

Also, I have swapped to a OneUp 180mm dropper and lever. Original lever was quite flimsy and snapped after a minor crash and the increased range gets the saddle out of the way on the steep stuff.

photo
photo

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
averagerug wrote:
gieseja wrote:
Does Canyon suck at warranties? Three full weeks now and no RMA for a defective X01 eagle cassette. They said I should take it to my LBS.... Seriously getting pissed off.
You should try warranty it with SRAM instead, I think you have to warranty it with them as canyon can't really speak for SRAM. Maybe give SRAM an email and see if they'd be willing to RMA it for you.

I know is a few weeks old now but this is spot on. I was having SRAM brake issues with my 2020 Spectral. I reached out to Canyon just to see if they had any other issues. They offered to send Velofix out to my house. The rear cylinder was not great and SRAM sent a new one through warranty. You have to contact SRAM but Canyon covered the cost of the Velofix visit up to $120.00 (US)

Long story short, Canyon is not responsible for SRAM parts. Although, they have been fantastic in my experience. They covered the cost of all the brake bleeds and shop visits in the short time with the bike in full.

It did take SRAM 3 weeks to send me a new rear setup though. They sent the parts directly to Velofix and now I'm just waiting for their schedule to free up for them to come out.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
churchburner wrote:
Blecornu20 wrote:

I'm the same weight, running 155, and it already feels too much, but at the same time I bottom out hard on some landing. It doesn't feel that progressive, despite the fact that it is. I know that Nicolai was running 155 too, for the same weight.

I was planning going for a Megneg to get it right. I got spoiled by the rear end of my Capra I think.

Have people thought about fitting offset bushings to the bike to adjust geometry rather than just increasing the fork travel?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
tmaud wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
churchburner wrote:

Have people thought about fitting offset bushings to the bike to adjust geometry rather than just increasing the fork travel?

I don't think so on the Strive. The bike is run with a 170 mm on the race models, which I think is way better than with a 160 mm, that makes the bike too steep and a little lacking at the front. They are even running 180 mm forks on it in EWS.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
i-ride-ct wrote:
averagerug wrote:
gieseja wrote:
Does Canyon suck at warranties? Three full weeks now and no RMA for a defective X01 eagle cassette. They said I should take it to my LBS.... Seriously getting pissed off.
You should try warranty it with SRAM instead, I think you have to warranty it with them as canyon can't really speak for SRAM. Maybe give SRAM an email and see if they'd be willing to RMA it for you.

I know is a few weeks old now but this is spot on. I was having SRAM brake issues with my 2020 Spectral. I reached out to Canyon just to see if they had any other issues. They offered to send Velofix out to my house. The rear cylinder was not great and SRAM sent a new one through warranty. You have to contact SRAM but Canyon covered the cost of the Velofix visit up to $120.00 (US)

Long story short, Canyon is not responsible for SRAM parts. Although, they have been fantastic in my experience. They covered the cost of all the brake bleeds and shop visits in the short time with the bike in full.

It did take SRAM 3 weeks to send me a new rear setup though. They sent the parts directly to Velofix and now I'm just waiting for their schedule to free up for them to come out.

I looked to contact SRAM directly and it's pretty specific that the evaluation occurs with the LBS or point of purchase.

I engaged canyon on August 10th - multiple emails and calls and still no RMA.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
tmaud wrote:
Yetichon wrote:

I don't think so on the Strive. The bike is run with a 170 mm on the race models, which I think is way better than with a 160 mm, that makes the bike too steep and a little lacking at the front. They are even running 180 mm forks on it in EWS.

What about a headset angleset? I bought a 170mm air spring to swap in but thought about an angle set to keep the BB at around the same height.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
breakthebeta wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
tmaud wrote:

What about a headset angleset? I bought a 170mm air spring to swap in but thought about an angle set to keep the BB at around the same height.

Why though ? It was designed primarily for a 170 mm fork as an enduro weapon, it's not like you are stretching the geometry beyond what the bike was designed for...

My 180 mm Lyrik is close to 170 in reality (Debonair B...), and I've checked the angles, it's spot on what Canyon says for the race model. Even with a 170 spring, you'll probably be closer to the "non race" models.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 1:25 Quote
tmaud wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
churchburner wrote:

We have lots of customers running Offset Bushings on the Strive. It's all fine tuning and by simply increasing the fork length you're also raising the bottom bracket. Offsets and the longer fork would make the bike more aggressive for sure.

Jeron @ Offsetbushings.com

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
photo

Hello guys this is my strive

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
churchburner wrote:
Blecornu20 wrote:

Hi there.
I’m also 67kg (72kg with gear).
I’m still testing the bike with new 170mm Debonair. At the moment Running 68-70psi with 2 tokens . Will possibly try with 1 token next.
At the back I removed the 5mm spacer, and install up to 3.5 tokens. 150psi feels the best. Using about 62mm of stroke most times, but still didn’t bottom out.
Tyre pressure 20 front 22 rear

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017821
Mobile Version of Website