Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
Looking to buy a bash guard for a 2020 canyon neuron al 7. The frame does not have the holes to put a bash guard in. If their is an adapter or bash guard that will fit please let me know. Thank you

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs44-ec52-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1834-p.asp

Does anyone know if it would be possible to use this address in a lux canyon of the last ones, I know that they are only recommended to only use in aluminum frames but that it would not break my frame
Could the lower cup be rotated on the mark since the frame is only prepared for direct rolling?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 23:45 Quote
Will2805 wrote:
Looking to buy a bash guard for a 2020 canyon neuron al 7. The frame does not have the holes to put a bash guard in. If their is an adapter or bash guard that will fit please let me know. Thank you

I have used https://csixx.com/collections/iscg-adapter on my old spectral

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
Has anyone heard when exactly Canyon will be available in canada?

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
Just order the new spectral 29 cf 7
Has anyone got their hands on one yet ? seen a few reviews on youtube but not to much about it yet.
The bike will replace my 2016 strive al 7

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
My Canyon Spectral frame has failed for the 5th time since March 2018. Every time at the same spot and on both carbon and aluminium versions.

What an absolute pile shit these bikes are. Over the last 6 years I have purchased 3 bikes from YT and Canyon. In that time period they have had to provide me with 8 new frames. The quality control is non existent.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Anyone had any issues with shipping dates in the UK recently? They've given me three separate dates at the moment and I'm unsure which one is correct.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
freetors wrote:
I've been experimenting with a 9point8 slack-r kit on my '19 strive. The bike feels so much better with ~1.5* slacker head angle. Also the wheelbase grew a whole inch. You will have to buy a short top headset cover to replace the proprietary canyon piece. I also think their specs for how much extra steerer tube you need are not quite enough. I've also been struggling with some creaking in the unit. I need to work on it a little more.

Can you remember what is the set that you bought?

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
people, does anybody knows which version of cane creek db inline rear shock is built in canyon strive cf 8.0 2016:
190/50 or 200/57?
i just can't find this information.

mine shock has died heroic on the trail last week and now i am looking for full service or replacement.
if it comes to replacement what shock would you recommend? i was looking for the same model or rock shox monarch plus rc 3 or something in that price range. any other suggestions?

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
It’s a 200x57 mm. I have the fox dpx2 on my 2018 strive and like it. But I haven’t ridden it with any other shocks. I think these strives are compatible with the CCDB inline coil and their progressive spring if you wanted to go that way.

buckyx wrote:
people, does anybody knows which version of cane creek db inline rear shock is built in canyon strive cf 8.0 2016:
190/50 or 200/57?
i just can't find this information.

mine shock has died heroic on the trail last week and now i am looking for full service or replacement.
if it comes to replacement what shock would you recommend? i was looking for the same model or rock shox monarch plus rc 3 or something in that price range. any other suggestions?

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
Hi All ,

I have a 2019 Canyon Strive and I am giving the bike a good service as it's winter in the UK at the moment. As part of the service I have decided to complete a frame bearing replacement. As I normal go through bearings every 12 months.

I have just replaced the rocker pivot bearings and I had real problem getting the old bearings out and the new ones in. I have all the bearing puller tools and drifts so no problem there. Have anyone else had issues with getting bearings in and out and what looks like premature wear ? Also when the bearings got inserted it's as if the bearing cup is oval as the bearing seems to be pinched and have a huge amount of resistance.

I am thinking of contacting Canyon from a frame warranty perspective.

Any thoughts welcome.

Ta

Tom.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 2:03 Quote
anyone fitted a Slack R kit to spectral?

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 22:27 Quote
does anyone have the new spectral 29 yet? my size 183 inseam 85 canyon size calculator says the right size should be M?

does anyone have any experiencw of canyon sizing?

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
tumez wrote:
does anyone have the new spectral 29 yet? my size 183 inseam 85 canyon size calculator says the right size should be M?

does anyone have any experiencw of canyon sizing?

While you wait for someone with a real answer i can offer you my 2 cents (whatever that is worth...), i am 178 with an inseam of 82 & i am very comfortable on my 27.5" Spectral in size M, according to Canyon i am right between M & L, M for 27.5 spans between 170-178 & 29" M spans 175-183 so you are also just at that switchover between M & L, judging by the size of my bike i could go for an L on 27.5, but i prefer a tighter & slightly more upright riding position so M is perfect for me

So, just a guess (don't hold me to it), you could go for M if you prefer a more relaxed riding position & L if you prefer a more aggressive position

Sorry if this answer is useless Big Grin

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
thanks for your answer. it wasnt useless???? Maybe I try to find someone who has the bike and take a ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009469
Mobile Version of Website