Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
| Next Page
Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Currently own a 2020 Spectral CF 7.0
Looking to replace the headset, but curious if anyone has had any success with anything other than their weird arcos setup, serviced the top bearing and the damn thing is rough as hell after one year and can't even get it out. Rather just get rid of that setup and move to something else. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hello, I’m getting back into mountain biking after 20 years. Things have changed a lot!

After a great deal of research, I’ve decided on the Canyon Spectral 27.5 as it has great reviews and it is a good price for the spec. At the moment, I know the Neuron would be more suitable for me, but once my skills and confidence grow, I would like the option of some enduro.

However, I can’t decide on the Spectral 5 or 6. The 6 is £450 more and comes with the Fox 36, DPX2 rear shock and SLX groupset. The 5 has the Pike Select, Deluxe Select+ RT SRAM NX Eagle groupset.

The main thing that puts me off the 5 is the Guide T brakes as they have had pretty rubbish reviews. I have some new SLX 2 pots on my current bike and they are nice and snappy and I’m worried the Guide T’s (which are 4 pot) might be disappointing.

Looking at the specs of the bikes, is the 6 worth the extra £450? Or shall I save the cash now and make a few upgrades if needed down the line? Is the 10mm extra travel in the Fox gonna be that much better than the Rockshox?

At the moment the majority of my riding will be trails/XC around the Ramsbottom/Rossendale area, but I want the option to try more enduro. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I can’t make my mind up!

Thank you.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral/spectral-5/2674.html

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral/spectral-6/2675.html?dwvar_2675_pv_rahmenfarbe=BK%2FGY

I guess it depends on your flavour of brands. I previously had the Strive with full Rockshox and SRAM Eagle set up and I now have the Spectral with Fox and Shimano 12 speed. I personally prefer the Shimano groupset over the SRAM as I found it needs less faffing around with b-tension as the groupset gets older. The SRAM Eagle I found I was having to adjust it all the time and shifting was never as good. After a year on the Shimano I haven’t even turned to barrel adjuster. The extra 10mm of travel allowed me to use the bike as an all rounder. From XC to bike park day with my mates although I’ve also thrown smaller travel bikes down the same tracks. It pretty much like I say comes down to your preference of brands. Both would be a great bike and I can definitely vouch for the Spectral. It is such a good bike in the 27.5 and super playful.

Thanks for your answer Taylor084, greatly appreciated. I’ve never ridden Fox or SRAM before. Can I justify the extra £450 for the Fox and SLX? From my limited experience of modern bikes, it feels like a lot of extra money for slight upgrades..?

Posted: 4 hours ago Quote
To be fair if you haven’t ridden either suspension platform before you will still find either one really good performance wise. So personally I would have yourself the money. I love Fox suspension and Shimano drivetrains but there equally just as many people who would say different so my advise is save the extra money and get the cheaper bike as the frame is still the same.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007506
Mobile Version of Website