Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
Meeko wrote:
Hi all, I’m very lucky to have the New Spectral 29 CFR and have noticed an issue pedalling with heavy load when in 4th/5th gear. It looks like since the chain line is quite extreme, the chain is interfering with the sprockets causing a clicking/ratcheting noise.

The gears are perfectly indexed, B tension correct etc and I’m certain it’s due to the angle the chain leaves the cassette in these gears to the crank.

Has anyone else experienced this (with Shimano 12 speed)? I’m wondering if the same would happen with SRAM drivetrains. I think this is caused but the 55mm chain line these bikes are designed around.

Many thanks!

My XT has been working perfectly since day one with no issues whatsoever even after I bent the hanger a little. I'm actually amazed at just how well the 12-speed works – it's been set and forget pretty much for me. It's definitely night and day in comparison to my experience with 11-speed drivetrains. My friend's GX in Spectral 29 CF7 works just as well. Problems in the middle of the cassette are sometimes caused by a bent hanger or deraillleur, so maybe look into that if you haven't already.

Backpedalling in top two or three cogs is not really possible, though.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
Hello everyone.

Any 2019 Strive (160mm fork) owner here has put a 170mm fork on it?
I'm not seeing many differences between the 160mm 2019 model and 170mm 2020 one, geometry-wise.
And I'm starting to think I want a longer fork on it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
Fiuz wrote:
Hello everyone.

Any 2019 Strive (160mm fork) owner here has put a 170mm fork on it?
I'm not seeing many differences between the 160mm 2019 model and 170mm 2020 one, geometry-wise.
And I'm starting to think I want a longer fork on it.

Its the same frame 2019 -2021 , 170 fork won't change much

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 23:31 Quote
levitronix wrote:
Its the same frame 2019 -2021 , 170 fork won't change much

Thought that was the case, thanks!

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
Hi guys!
I just unpacked and built a Spectral Mullet and it has a Fox DHX in the back. Comes with three springs (350/400/450).
I am 76kg with kit and average to advanced riding style, any tips as to which spring to start with?

Thanks for your time and replys! Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
mmm2ppp wrote:
Might take a little bit but try all of them out. start with 450 and work your way down.

Hi guys!
I just unpacked and built a Spectral Mullet and it has a Fox DHX in the back. Comes with three springs (350/400/450).
I am 76kg with kit and average to advanced riding style, any tips as to which spring to start with?

Thanks for your time and replys! Cheers

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
mmm2ppp wrote:
Hi guys!

Aim for 25-30% sag I'd say, depending on where you ride. Try the middle spring and work up/down on that.

Here's FOX's spring calculator. https://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/08/WCeng/Content/mtbspringratecalculator.html

If you look at the shock it will have a 4-character code on it, put it into this page https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike and search for its manual. It will likely have a table or starting point for spring/weight.

Here's a simpler calculator https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 21:20 Quote
Iridium dropper vertical issue?

I can’t recall if it was doing it when I first purchased the bike. Basically when not in full extension, there’s about 5mm of vertical play. I can pull the saddle up and down.

Anyone else’s Iridum dropper doing this?

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 14:37 Quote
hi guys!
I'm going to make some upgrades to my canyon strive CF7 2021 size xl in the following months and i was looking for some advices.
The roadmap is:
-Change the stock rockshoxs deluxe select r 230x60 with a fox float x2 230x65
-upgrade my 170 liryc to 180 and change the damper and air spring
-an angled headset of 1.5 degrees to slacken it out (with fork upgrade and new headset it should be at 63.7 degrees based on my calculations)

So, for the fork i'm pretty sure it is an easy and effective upgrade. My concerns are about the float x2 and the angled headset. I've read in this thread that the float x2 has some clearence problem so i'm looking at alternatives, i really like the planted feel of fox shox so i'm not to keen in buyng another rockshox but i'm open to suggestions. For the angled headset i was looking at the works components one, do you think it is compatible?

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
Hi guys,

I have a Canyon spectral CF8 29 - 2021, in general I'm very happy with the bike.
But, one think I don´t like, is the original chain guide, these don´t work properly and its impossible use a 34T chainring with that, because the chain in upper gear rubering on top of the chain guide.
When I try to use a original ISCG adaptor I see these one is very fragile and the tight is very low (1N.m), the chain guide moves a little if you apply some lateral force, in other hand, the adapter stay near the frame and the bolts damage the frame if you don't pay attention.
I resolved drawing and machining my own adaptor and you can see the results on the images below.
More robust
More clearance between chainguide and frame
No problems with bolts
No more chain rubering the chain guide
No more noise in upper gears.

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 1:24 Quote
thats cool!

teko wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a Canyon spectral CF8 29 - 2021, in general I'm very happy with the bike.
But, one think I don´t like, is the original chain guide, these don´t work properly and its impossible use a 34T chainring with that, because the chain in upper gear rubering on top of the chain guide.
When I try to use a original ISCG adaptor I see these one is very fragile and the tight is very low (1N.m), the chain guide moves a little if you apply some lateral force, in other hand, the adapter stay near the frame and the bolts damage the frame if you don't pay attention.
I resolved drawing and machining my own adaptor and you can see the results on the images below.
More robust
More clearance between chainguide and frame
No problems with bolts
No more chain rubering the chain guide
No more noise in upper gears.

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 3:15 Quote
After read some posts, although I haven't had any problems yet, I started working on aluminium top cover and spacers for headset Big Grin

Posted: Feb 24, 2022 at 4:55 Quote
Has anyone been able to remove the Strive (2020 model) shapeshifter link from the rear shock? I'm not able to get the air can off before I get that link off.

Posted: Feb 25, 2022 at 11:37 Quote
vesakilp wrote:
Has anyone been able to remove the Strive (2020 model) shapeshifter link from the rear shock? I'm not able to get the air can off before I get that link off.

You should get a bearing press tool, Canyon's was under $20. You may be able to press it out with a socket that is approximately the same size.

Posted: Feb 25, 2022 at 13:40 Quote
Just ordered the Spec Mullet and its due to ship mid to end of april. They gave me a total of duty costs for canada for around 700 but i noticed a note saying customs clearance fee is not included. I talked to the rep and they said that was included with the duty costs. Can anyone confirm? ive been hit with some nasty hidden fees and am ok with the 700 on top of the 5700 but if theres more costs to the clearance fee then i might have to re consider

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012237
Mobile Version of Website