Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Feb 25, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
riptiderider wrote:
Just ordered the Spec Mullet and its due to ship mid to end of april. They gave me a total of duty costs for canada for around 700 but i noticed a note saying customs clearance fee is not included. I talked to the rep and they said that was included with the duty costs. Can anyone confirm? ive been hit with some nasty hidden fees and am ok with the 700 on top of the 5700 but if theres more costs to the clearance fee then i might have to re consider

I don't have the breakdown in front of me but I paid $792 in total duty/taxes/brokerage on my Spectral AL6 (in December 2021). I was expecting to pay more for some reason so I was ok with it. $700 seems like a slightly low estimate for $5700 though.

Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
trevvw wrote:
riptiderider wrote:
Just ordered the Spec Mullet and its due to ship mid to end of april. They gave me a total of duty costs for canada for around 700 but i noticed a note saying customs clearance fee is not included. I talked to the rep and they said that was included with the duty costs. Can anyone confirm? ive been hit with some nasty hidden fees and am ok with the 700 on top of the 5700 but if theres more costs to the clearance fee then i might have to re consider

I don't have the breakdown in front of me but I paid $792 in total duty/taxes/brokerage on my Spectral AL6 (in December 2021). I was expecting to pay more for some reason so I was ok with it. $700 seems like a slightly low estimate for $5700 though.

I ordered same bike back in November. I paid $1100 for duty and tax. Shipped to Alberta.

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 3:40 Quote
breakthebeta wrote:
vesakilp wrote:
Has anyone been able to remove the Strive (2020 model) shapeshifter link from the rear shock? I'm not able to get the air can off before I get that link off.

You should get a bearing press tool, Canyon's was under $20. You may be able to press it out with a socket that is approximately the same size.

Yeah, I asked canyon about that tool, and according to them, it'll only work with previous strive model. But I was able to find a generic bearing tool from local hardware store and was able to get it opened.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
Need help, trying to install Fox Float x rear shock on 2021 Spectral Al. Have the right size shock and bushings but the shock looks as if it will hit the frame, will it clear if I flip the shock over or run backwards? Would love to see pics of these installed

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 19:48 Quote
Does anyone know the shock mount width of the 2019 Canyon Spectral, I am ordering a new shock as well as new bushing but cant find the width online.

Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 10:54 Quote
My new Torque

Bought the mullet CF8, changed many parts, but fortunately I have other use for them.

Posted: Mar 13, 2022 at 13:07 Quote
Anyone have any idea on what headset the Strive 2021 uses? I want to try a reach extender headset..

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 8:59 Quote
Really good looking bike - love the green colors Canyon has been messing around with. Can you buy the Torque set up as a double crown straight from Canyon or did you have to mod it yourself?

Marasdfg wrote:
My new Torque

Bought the mullet CF8, changed many parts, but fortunately I have other use for them.

Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
Dhogan21 wrote:
Really good looking bike - love the green colors Canyon has been messing around with. Can you buy the Torque set up as a double crown straight from Canyon or did you have to mod it yourself?

Marasdfg wrote:
My new Torque

The bike is not sold with a dual crown, I had to get it seperately. Fortunately I found one for a good deal that just needed a full service.

Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 2:29 Quote
New Canyon Strive announced. Geo updated and looks much more modern.

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountain-bikes/enduro-bikes/strive/cfr/#section-product-grid

Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
160mm Stoic proof of concept. Looks goofy but is incredibly capable...

Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
TWiegel wrote:

Interested to see how it rides at 160mm. Also keen to see a full side on pic to see the fork angle.

Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 2:43 Quote
constantly-broken wrote:
TWiegel wrote:

Interested to see how it rides at 160mm. Also keen to see a full side on pic to see the fork angle.

I shall deliver. HTA is 63ish. I haven't noticed a drastic change in ride characteristics, it just sits higher and loses less speed over medium sized roots and rocks. The bike wasn't particularly nimble with the 140mm fork, so not really much of a downgrade there.

Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 4:18 Quote
TWiegel wrote:
constantly-broken wrote:
TWiegel wrote:

I shall deliver. HTA is 63ish. I haven't noticed a drastic change in ride characteristics, it just sits higher and loses less speed over medium sized roots and rocks. The bike wasn't particularly nimble with the 140mm fork, so not really much of a downgrade there.

Looks pretty sweet, even with the visibly hugher BB. Here is my idea for a LT Stoic (waiting to get smashed by the tech legends for proposing this) but, a Stoic Frame, 160mm fork, 165mm cranks and 27.5" wheels on 2.6" tyres. Thats just my idea, probably draw heat but meh, zero Fs given haha

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 7:03 Quote
Hey gyus,

Quick question for Spectral owners. What's the longest dropper you guys it in Spectral CF8?
Thank you!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012708
Mobile Version of Website