Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 1:15 Quote
first bikepark laps with the Canyon Sender CFR and enduro madness with the Specialized SWORKS Levo SL

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 12:10 Quote
Looking at buying my first canyon , spectral 125 Cf8, just wondering how your experiences have been when buying,I’ve seen some real bad reviews, all based around customer service, making me doubt if I should buy it or not, any feedback/ advice would be most appreciated. Cheers.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 12:25 Quote
Chrisly wrote:
first bikepark laps with the Canyon Sender CFR and enduro madness with the Specialized SWORKS Levo SL

Great riding - I give you special applause for the T-bar lift alone!! I would certainly mess that thing up.

QUESTION: What was that strange, chirping noise between :49 and 1:04? That would drive me nuts and I'd have to fix it like you did.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
Just wanting to see what everyones go to replacement headset is for the Spectral AL. My headset was making some not so fun noises so decided to suss it out......the actual lower bearing fell apart on removal! Best I could do is just lather it with WAY too much grease and put it back together.

**edit**

Interested to hear from anyone who has replaced the stock Acros headset with a Hope headset.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
Replaced mine with a Wolftooth headset. Works great, no more acros setup being a nightmare of plastic

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 2:01 Quote
I've just discovered this very lengthy thread Smile

Anyway, a question. I have a 2016 Strive CF Race and its been an awesome bike. There's not much I'd change about it, other than the Shapeshifter. A great idea but a flawed execution, and I ripped mine out some time ago and put in a Modefixxer. TBH I miss the SS a little but it climbs so well in DH mode that I've become used to its absence.

I was thinking about maybe putting in an angleset though, just to slacken up the head angle a little more. On the alloy frame this would be easy, but has anyone successfully fitted one to the CF?

It looks like it would need the lower headset cup pushed out; its integrated and possibly bonded in.

cheers

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
gladtameetcha wrote:

Anyway, a question. I have a 2016 Strive CF Race and its been an awesome bike. There's not much I'd change about it, other than the Shapeshifter. A great idea but a flawed execution, and I ripped mine out some time ago and put in a Modefixxer. TBH I miss the SS a little but it climbs so well in DH mode that I've become used to its absence.

I was thinking about maybe putting in an angleset though, just to slacken up the head angle a little more. On the alloy frame this would be easy, but has anyone successfully fitted one to the CF?

It looks like it would need the lower headset cup pushed out; its integrated and possibly bonded in.

cheers

Works components used to make one, I put it in my 2015 cf 8.0, and had no issues and still use the bike now.
I cant exactly remember what i needed to do to fit it (put it in 5 years ago or something like that) but It was really easy to do, if I needed to remove a cup it wasn't bonded in.
I use it with a modefixxer too.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
You'll want this one: https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs44-ec52-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1834-p.asp

Had it on my 2018 Strive CF with no issues. Use a good set of tools to install it so that it is aligned properly and plenty of grease to make sure it stays quiet. Because the bottom cup becomes an external cup (not IS anymore) you need to make sure your steer tube is long enough, or find a stem with a low stack height.

I really enjoyed the slacker head angle. It definitely modernized the bike, since I thought the steeper HA was the only thing lacking on that frame. BTW I really liked the shape shifter and never had any issues with mine in the 3 years I rode it.

gladtameetcha wrote:

cheers

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
Thanks. I've ordered this, I'll let you know how I get on. I've got sufficient length in the steerer so should be good.

My SS has been unreliable sadly. If I could accurately narrow down the seals needed to rebuild it, I'd do it.

thegb1212 wrote:
You'll want this one: https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs44-ec52-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1834-p.asp

Had it on my 2018 Strive CF with no issues. Use a good set of tools to install it so that it is aligned properly and plenty of grease to make sure it stays quiet. Because the bottom cup becomes an external cup (not IS anymore) you need to make sure your steer tube is long enough, or find a stem with a low stack height.

I really enjoyed the slacker head angle. It definitely modernized the bike, since I thought the steeper HA was the only thing lacking on that frame. BTW I really liked the shape shifter and never had any issues with mine in the 3 years I rode it.

gladtameetcha wrote:

cheers

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
Cheers. I'm going to go for it, thanks for replying.

dogboy1066 wrote:
gladtameetcha wrote:

cheers

Works components used to make one, I put it in my 2015 cf 8.0, and had no issues and still use the bike now.
I cant exactly remember what i needed to do to fit it (put it in 5 years ago or something like that) but It was really easy to do, if I needed to remove a cup it wasn't bonded in.
I use it with a modefixxer too.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 2:31 Quote
Hey Guys, need some recommendations.

I'm currently running a Canyon Sender CFR 21/22 and having a bit of problem with the headset. As usual, Acros is a nightmare with a rubber crownrace, rubber bumpers on the bearing seal, soft plastic collar and also the plastic spacers. what annoys me even more is the gap it leaves and the insane knocking noise i get when my rear wheel lands before my front wheel. sounds like I'm about to snap the frame.

Could anyone give me a recommendation for what headset I can purchase to replace it please?

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Works headset fitted, and its slack Smile

thanks all

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 4:37 Quote
Malness wrote:
Hey Guys, need some recommendations.

I'm currently running a Canyon Sender CFR 21/22 and having a bit of problem with the headset. As usual, Acros is a nightmare with a rubber crownrace, rubber bumpers on the bearing seal, soft plastic collar and also the plastic spacers. what annoys me even more is the gap it leaves and the insane knocking noise i get when my rear wheel lands before my front wheel. sounds like I'm about to snap the frame.

Could anyone give me a recommendation for what headset I can purchase to replace it please?

https://www.bikester.co.uk/cane-creek-40-headset-short-is41-28.6-i-is41-30-M357451.html

I'm reasonably sure this is what you need
IS41 28.6 IS41 30

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Hey all,

I tore apart my '19 Spectral Al 6 and cleaned up all the points, but wanted to make sure I threw the main pivot spacers in the right direction.
Does the side with the cone/rubber seal go against the bearing or the frame?

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 1:16 Quote
A few months full of training for the first downhill races went well… 3rd and 4th place in the masters category (senior :-) )… After all of this, I spend a whole week in bike parks... locations: Leogang, Schladming and Klinovec… hope you will enjoy Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016899
Mobile Version of Website