Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 2:29 Quote
QuintoSenpai wrote:
hi guys!
I'm going to make some upgrades to my canyon strive CF7 2021 size xl in the following months and i was looking for some advices.
The roadmap is:
-Change the stock rockshoxs deluxe select r 230x60 with a fox float x2 230x65
-upgrade my 170 liryc to 180 and change the damper and air spring
-an angled headset of 1.5 degrees to slacken it out (with fork upgrade and new headset it should be at 63.7 degrees based on my calculations)

So, for the fork i'm pretty sure it is an easy and effective upgrade. My concerns are about the float x2 and the angled headset. I've read in this thread that the float x2 has some clearence problem so i'm looking at alternatives, i really like the planted feel of fox shox so i'm not to keen in buyng another rockshox but i'm open to suggestions. For the angled headset i was looking at the works components one, do you think it is compatible?

Have you upgraded the shock? how is the clearance in the frame with a 65 mm stroke shock? I am thinking about upgrading myself to a Cane Creek kitsuma shock.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
Anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement for one of these? Not really sure of the name of it... I'm guessing a top cap of sorts as my bike has a frame saver / integrated protection which goes next in the stack. Gave it to a mechanic whilst I was away and it's come back somewhat mangled. Bike is a Canyon Exceed, and I believe it's a Cane Creek 40 series headset.



Excuse the oil filled nail. Razz

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 20:27 Quote
Curious if anyone here can give me some info on this particular situation I'm dealing with.

Bought a 2019 Canyon Strive from The Pros Closet two months ago. Today while racing an Enduro the chainstay snapped. I bought this bike second hand knowing I wouldn't receive any warranty help from Canyon being the 2+ owner and am not expecting a free fix from Canyon.

Having said that I definitely want to fix the chainstay so I can continue riding this bike. Does anyone have any experience acquiring a new 2019 chainstay from Canyon? Is that even possible given this bike is 3 years old?

Any other suggestions on how to fix this bike would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 8:05 Quote
dev-ns8 wrote:
Curious if anyone here can give me some info on this particular situation I'm dealing with.

Bought a 2019 Canyon Strive from The Pros Closet two months ago. Today while racing an Enduro the chainstay snapped. I bought this bike second hand knowing I wouldn't receive any warranty help from Canyon being the 2+ owner and am not expecting a free fix from Canyon.

Having said that I definitely want to fix the chainstay so I can continue riding this bike. Does anyone have any experience acquiring a new 2019 chainstay from Canyon? Is that even possible given this bike is 3 years old?

Any other suggestions on how to fix this bike would be greatly appreciated.

Get in contact with their customer service. They should be able to provide a replacement. Since this bike was in production until very recently, availability of spares shouldn't be an issue.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 8:16 Quote
Stuj7 wrote:
Looking at buying my first canyon , spectral 125 Cf8, just wondering how your experiences have been when buying,I’ve seen some real bad reviews, all based around customer service, making me doubt if I should buy it or not, any feedback/ advice would be most appreciated. Cheers.

Recently bought a Torque 29 AL and I must say, I wasn't totally happy with how the bike arrived out of the box. The shipping company banged up the box pretty good and as a result the derailleur was bent pretty badly. The rear wheel was also bent, also as a result of the shipping company screwing up.

But Canyon handled the situation perfectly. I could literally not have asked for more. They immediately offered that I take the bike to a bike shop to have it fixed and they'd pay the bill for a new derailleur and wheel alignment. On top, they offered a voucher for their online store to apologize for the inconvenience.

I have definitley also heard horror stories about their aftermarket customer service, but my experience so far has been great.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
Question about the newer model Spectrals. Does anyone know if it's possible to long shock them to get roughly 160mm travel in the rear?

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 0:05 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
Question about the newer model Spectrals. Does anyone know if it's possible to long shock them to get roughly 160mm travel in the rear?

yes i tried my friends x2 (230*65), works great, no prob.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 3:28 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
schwaaa31 wrote:
Question about the newer model Spectrals. Does anyone know if it's possible to long shock them to get roughly 160mm travel in the rear?

yes i tried my friends x2 (230*65), works great, no prob.

Awesome. Thank you.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 2:23 Quote
Has anyone recently ordered the CFR Sender 29 in large fox edition, if so what spring did it ship with?

I've asked Canyon and they don't k ow what spring weight comes with it...

Thanks

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 21:47 Quote
Curious if anyone has swapped the shock on their mullet Spectral with dhx ? I’ve tried the original coil and a sprindex but I miss the poppy feel of a air shock. Any air shock mullet users and feedback ?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 23:10 Quote
dihanventer wrote:
Curious if anyone has swapped the shock on their mullet Spectral with dhx ? I’ve tried the original coil and a sprindex but I miss the poppy feel of a air shock. Any air shock mullet users and feedback ?

Thanks

Yep, i changed my DHX for a megneg superdeluxe ultimate.
World of difference over the DHX, the DHX is similar to the Bomber and has the factory HSC cranked up.

Lots of HSC and 29% progression is not ideal

Also, please check your BB insert in the frame, More than likely its cracked.


Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
Awesome

Thanks I’ll check bb. That coil doesn’t fit the bikes nimble characteristics IMO

I’ll go x2 likely


EvolutionMTBer wrote:
dihanventer wrote:
Curious if anyone has swapped the shock on their mullet Spectral with dhx ? I’ve tried the original coil and a sprindex but I miss the poppy feel of a air shock. Any air shock mullet users and feedback ?

Thanks

Yep, i changed my DHX for a megneg superdeluxe ultimate.
World of difference over the DHX, the DHX is similar to the Bomber and has the factory HSC cranked up.

Lots of HSC and 29% progression is not ideal

Also, please check your BB insert in the frame, More than likely its cracked.


| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011717
Mobile Version of Website