Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 8:40 Quote
Hi: I am now selling (on Pinkbike) a 2021 Canyon Exceed custom build (20lbs).
I bought it for my daughter as it was listed as a SMALL (which according to Canyon it is)
but when we got it we saw it was the same size as my MEDIUM mtb. And too big for her.
So now I am selling it (never used). But I want to let folks know it is really a MEDIUM mtb size.
I've had 3 folks wanting to buy - only to see it is too big for what they want (a SMALL).
If any one has good suggestions on how I should I list it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you, John

Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 23:38 Quote
I own a 650b 2019 Spectral CFR. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with fitting a coil shock and if so how they got on? Did it help the bike and make the ride quality better? I’m not massively complaining about rear traction and find the Fox DPX2 fairly good but just can’t get that itch out of my mind about fitting a coil shock. Interested to know peoples feedback after fitting one and which one they used.

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
jonnymcc wrote:
Recently decided to upgrade the suspension on my Spectral CF8. Swapped from Rockshox pike (160mm) and super deluxe (230x60) to a Fox factory 36 (170mm) and a Fox X2 (230x65).

Never really got on with the pike and some much happier with the Fox setup. Decided to stay with the Eagle GX and just refresh it as it has been pretty reliable.

Minion DHF's front and rear 2.5WT.

photo

How have you found the float X long term now you have had it a while? Mine has a 36 and a DPX2 on the rear and I’m considering the X2 as an upgrade

Posted: May 15, 2023 at 12:17 Quote
Hey PB, I have a 2019 Canyon Strive cf.6 and I broke my shapeshifter lever. Does anyone know where to find a shapeshifter 2.0 lever because I cannot find one anywhere?

Posted: May 15, 2023 at 12:47 Quote
Just look on the exploded drawings on the Canyon website for the part number and email Canyon and I am sure they will sort you out as they are usually pretty helpful.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 0:03 Quote
Canyon Strive Press Tool at less than 2€ now on the Canyon website. At least in Europe. It's a good generic shock hardware extractor as well!

Posted: Jun 1, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
Hey, I've got a 2021 canyon spectral (AL6), been riding it for a while and looking for a heavier travel and more downhill oriented setup. I'm looking at putting a 170mm fork on it as well as a coil shock (Probably a marzochi coil). I read somewhere that a coil shock on a spectral can snap the shock and or damage the frame, is this true? Does anyone have experience with a coil shock on a 2021 frame? I emailed rockshox and they said that they were unfamiliar with issues involving a coil shock on a canyon spectral, but they advised that i also reach out to canyon. I did send canyon an email but their response was unhelpful. they pretty much just said that i should be aware of the risks when swapping components and they're not liable for any damage caused by swapping components.
If you have a coil shock on your spectral, lemme know how it works. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 1, 2023 at 11:45 Quote
what? they sell a model with a coil on it....

tip: Even though the spectral is very progressive, use a progressive spring and be wary of the shock tune.

Posted: Jun 1, 2023 at 13:45 Quote
Canyon has coil shocks on some of their newer spectrals, but im not sure about the 2021s. Fox says dont put a coil on a spectral, rockshox told me im probably fine, might go for a rockshox or an ohlins coil for it, sounds like fox doesnt recommend it. Check out the listed bikes they specifically dont recommend it for on their website:
https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1138

Posted: Jun 1, 2023 at 16:10 Quote
x2U1uwrB wrote:
Canyon has coil shocks on some of their newer spectrals, but im not sure about the 2021s. Fox says dont put a coil on a spectral, rockshox told me im probably fine, might go for a rockshox or an ohlins coil for it, sounds like fox doesnt recommend it. Check out the listed bikes they specifically dont recommend it for on their website:
https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1138

you havnt said what model? they made both the old and current gen for year 2021.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 9:10 Quote
My son has a 2023 Canyon Torque CF8, and I would like to replace his bashed-up rear axle with a Oneup axle. Does anyone know the size? I emailed Canyon several times, and the number they gave me seemed wrong, even after confirming. They said it was 197mm which seems way too long. Also, it seems to have a strange concave cup shape instead of a flat connection.

I figure the thread pitch is 1.0mm as it is a UDH and measured the thread length at 12.7mm. Just need the total length.

Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 12:54 Quote
Just got this together. Had the fork and shock, and now its pretty much a (practcal) dream build. Unbelievably cheap on this last sale. Also changed to a 30t, Renthal cockpit, Ergon Ti saddle, and a few small things.

After one ride it had CRAZY cable binding and creaked like crazy. I moved them around and now its better, but still a weird design behind the BB. Additionally, it shipped with the wrong seatpost. I have a ticket open with them at the moment (came iwth 150mm and should be 170mm).

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 5:53 Quote
My 2022 Torque 29 cf 7. bike is super fun and really playful. got a set of I9 wheels that need to be put on once I track down a free hub. my only complaint with the bike is that it came out of box with a dirty creak which sounds like its coming from a pivot point. going to try and track down where its coming from and grease er up today.

super fun bike and one of the only ones around my area so im stoked to get some more saddle time in on it. also stoked to be on a canyon now as ive wanted one for a long time. was on a Rocky Mountain altitude for the last 2 years and though I absolutely loved that bike the frame was a size to big for me and I wanted something a little more free ride orientated and I think I found it.

photo

Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 12:37 Quote
cables between the two triangles often creaks.

Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 14:09 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
cables between the two triangles often creaks.

is there a way to fix this or is it just something I gotta live with?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015275
Mobile Version of Website