Canyon Owners Club
Posted: May 8, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
FoxDaCosta wrote:
stushez wrote:
FoxDaCosta wrote:

Hi,

I've just ordered 2 mount kits to fit a Monarch on my 2013 Strive.
You will need a M8 x 22.2mm for the top (£7.99 from CRC +P&P)
and a M10 x 20mm for the bottom (£20 - custom made from TFTUNED +P&P)
If you want I can sell my 2nd kit for £25 posted!

hi,

Is it a needle bearing kit? Or bushing?
Sorry for the delay mate.
I have botth by way.

Hi pal, wonder if you could advise...

The top mount is simple but the bottom as you say, is special. Did you re use the needle roller or switch to a bush? I'm buying offset bushes and wondering about how the M10 steel shaft will get along with a bush if i ditch the roller.
Hi,
It will be fine, I'm using a bush because the needle one didn't fir the Monarch.

Ta buddy, I switched the roller for a DU Bush and 10mm offset shaft. No problems at all, slacker and firms up the arse end a bit too!

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 13:49 Quote
mtbboy05 wrote:
Anyone have a spectral al 8.0 ex 2015? what do you think of it/

I have one, it's an ok bike out the box but after a bit of time setting up to how you like it it flies, it climbs really well, with my last bike I was always knackered when I got the top of spooky wood at Glentress, with the Spectral I always feel like I have energy in reserve! It's so easy to get off the ground, but also tracks the ground very well

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 15:08 Quote
Just started setting up a Strive AL 7.0 race. Unfortunately the shock pump wasn't shipped with it, so have to wait on that to arrive.

But was wondering how much work you spend on setting up rear derailer out of the box. I don't have any experience with sram 11speed, but when pedalling back on the biggest cog it falls back to smaller cogs and when back pedalling on the two smallest cogs its is rattling and look like chain is rubbing against the nearest bigger cog.
Seems to be a chain line issue, but as it happening on the two extremes not much can I can do about it.. Someone else experiencing the same?

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 0:09 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Just started setting up a Strive AL 7.0 race. Unfortunately the shock pump wasn't shipped with it, so have to wait on that to arrive.

But was wondering how much work you spend on setting up rear derailer out of the box. I don't have any experience with sram 11speed, but when pedalling back on the biggest cog it falls back to smaller cogs and when back pedalling on the two smallest cogs its is rattling and look like chain is rubbing against the nearest bigger cog.
Seems to be a chain line issue, but as it happening on the two extremes not much can I can do about it.. Someone else experiencing the same?
yes that's a well documented issue, pretty much everyone solved it by switching to a SRAM chain

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 3:27 Quote
Lol really? So it just because of the KMC chain? Well at least an easy fix.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 10:12 Quote
Just replaced my 2014 Spectral Frame with a 2015 one and I was really surprised about the difference. I knew they had made them a little longer but that 17mm does appear to make things a lot better. Not saying my 2014 bike was particularly bad, but it was a little tight in the medium size and sometimes a little snatchy.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 10:16 Quote
AdamBartonUK wrote:
Just replaced my 2014 Spectral Frame with a 2015 one and I was really surprised about the difference. I knew they had made them a little longer but that 17mm does appear to make things a lot better. Not saying my 2014 bike was particularly bad, but it was a little tight in the medium size and sometimes a little snatchy.

Looking good man.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
Seeing as you have a strive and a spectral that both seem to be built pretty much the same, which do you prefer and how different are they? Just out of interest really as I considered changing to the spectral carbon quite a few times but ended up sticking with the strive

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 11:31 Quote
Hi Guys,

Having problems with the gas spring on my shapeshifter for my Strive CF 8.0 Race.

I was shredding yesterday and noticed that the spring wouldn't go all the way out. When I got it home I checked the pressure ad it has gone down to about 10 bar from the 15 bar I originally out in it. I pumped it back up again to 15 bar but when I took the valve off the gas spring, I noticed there was oil on the valve and there was actually some oil sat in the presta valve.

Bit disappointing as I've only had it since March and I've done about 300kms on it in the Scottish Borders.

Anyone else had this issue? I've emailed canyon with a warranty enquiry.

Ta, James

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 11:36 Quote
jimbojrt wrote:
Hi Guys,

Having problems with the gas spring on my shapeshifter for my Strive CF 8.0 Race.

I was shredding yesterday and noticed that the spring wouldn't go all the way out. When I got it home I checked the pressure ad it has gone down to about 10 bar from the 15 bar I originally out in it. I pumped it back up again to 15 bar but when I took the valve off the gas spring, I noticed there was oil on the valve and there was actually some oil sat in the presta valve.

Bit disappointing as I've only had it since March and I've done about 300kms on it in the Scottish Borders.

Ta, James

Oil leaks from shock valves is pretty normal and 5 bar is not a big deal especially if the bike is new. Keep us posted about Canyon's warranty process.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 11:49 Quote
bar and psi are very different things

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 12:11 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
bar and psi are very different things

Sorry,my bad. Corrected it.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 12:24 Quote
AdamBartonUK wrote:

Adam how did you get a new frame ? was it a warranty ? i feel the same sometimes about my 2014 and often wondered about how much a differance the longer 2015 would make .

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
jimbojrt wrote:
Hi Guys,

Ta, James

Yep, just had the same problem with mine. Canyon sent me out a warranty one. All I did was email them explaining the problem and they then asked a few questions then requested a new one from Germany. I wasn't left without a bike as they said keep the current one until I got the new one and had fitted it. They gave me the option to sent it back to them or do it myself which I did and it was really easy to do.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 12:53 Quote
jimbojrt wrote:
Hi Guys,

Ta, James

Hello.

The same thing happened in my Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Team shapeshifter. While driving, he lost pressure. I rode on it just 160km... I sent Shapeshifter to CAnyon last Monday and I wait for answer.

Michael.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006649
Mobile Version of Website