Paint help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 11:19 Quote
i have a 2010 Norco faze 1 and was using it to commute a bit in the winter so i put a fender on it, lonmg story short it appears the dye in the rubber straps usedf to secure the fender have stained my paint and/or clear, any suggestions?

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 11:27 Quote
here is a pic of the damage
my 3 rigs together the shuttle jamis dh and norco xc

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 19:09 Quote
does it bother you enough to worry about it?

Put a sticker over it.
Try different cleaners

Stripe to frame, remove paint and repaint whole bike.

or not care and ride.

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 3:59 Quote
Well I would prefer it not to be there I mean I know it is a bike and going to be messed up anyway but it's my first bike I bought new, I put a sticker over the one for now and have tried a couple cleaners but I don't think I'd go so far as to strip and paint

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 7:08 Quote
The stain has actually penetrated the clear, so there's no cleaning it off. You can try some fine steel wool, 1000-1500 grit sand paper or maybe a white scotch pad (from your auto paint store) and basically sand down below the stain. If it's not too deep, you can then use some polishing compound to bring it back to a gloss. Not easy, but it should work.

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 16:35 Quote
I think it might actually be like a frame sticker maybe because the rest of the bike isn't smooth it's more flat coloured thanks for the help though guys

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2013 at 16:11 Quote
I'm not sure if it would have but I've had great results using brake cleaner to remove stains etc. Keep in mind that I use bicycle specific brake cleaner. Automotive brake cleaner could work but I believe it can damage paint etc as it's more potent. I may be wrong about this but since I haven't tried it I can't recomend it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018576
Mobile Version of Website