Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2013 at 14:51 Quote
Was just wondering if anyone knows the specific location of bike

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 8:53 Quote
DirtJumperYo wrote:
Good question
found it now! Been and they are great!

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 7:57 Quote
If there is any way this information could be deleted it would be appreciated. We don't want the location of the trails advertised because we're already finding it hard to keep up with the damage the jumps sustain. This conversation appears on the first page of search results on google if you search for Gate23.

Cheers.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
Are these trails still there?

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
There is a certain way of finding the location of trails in the UK- it is to directly message people who build there and offer help and then you will often be much more warmly welcomed. With the internet it really isn't that hard. Going online and just asking anyone if they still exist is a sure fire way to piss people off. It results in postcodes and maps being posted that anyone can see.

About 2 decades of work has gone into g23- and the reason it's kept fairly quiet is to keep it running. If the whereabouts was advertised they would be over run by kids and we wouldn't be able to keep up with the maintenance. They'd probably close within a year.

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 0:39 Quote
As far as I was concerned at the time the area was public and managed by the foresty commission and assumed it wasn't a secret.

I completely understand too much exposure attracts the wrong kind of people. I was however only trying to share the info which I had easily found on other official mountain bike websites.

Just thought I would let you know this before I delete the thread.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 1:18 Quote
Thanks buddy. You're right the site is managed by the Forestry Commission but the club has to maintain the trails as fit for purpose so any damage has to be sorted by us. It's not that we're trying to stop people from coming, we'd just want it to be advertised too heavily. Some of the crew don't like the fact I post photos and videos of the place due to the exposure. It's difficult to please everyone!

Cheers.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 3:18 Quote
Understood! I couldn't find a way to delete this but have done a quick edit to everything so the information is no longer there!

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 4:33 Quote
Great thanks buddy- much appreciated.

Take it easy :-)

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004925
Mobile Version of Website