Best £400-500 hardtail FRAME?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best £400-500 hardtail FRAME?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
dmrrider95 wrote:
Get a slackline

Well that has been my dream hardtail for about a year but like I said I'm not sure I can justify spending twice as much and more than the Dartmoor.
I'm starting to think my mind is made up about this as the £270 saving could go towards a lot of other bits for it. It's almost some crank brothers wheels or Dartmoor wheels like nidgeslash9's

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 14:42 Quote
Michael-Cooke wrote:
dmrrider95 wrote:
Get a slackline

Well that has been my dream hardtail for about a year but like I said I'm not sure I can justify spending twice as much and more than the Dartmoor.
I'm starting to think my mind is made up about this as the £270 saving could go towards a lot of other bits for it. It's almost some crank brothers wheels or Dartmoor wheels like nidgeslash9's

Given what you're saying about what you want, personally sound like the Dartmoor will be ideal, no need to spent 2x as much for a frame that'll do the same job, as much as I do love on On One, same job, maybe few hundred grams less, likely not worth it.

What I will recommend is where to spend the rest of your saved money:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Kits.aspx?ModelID=85170

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 14:47 Quote
Michael-Cooke wrote:
dmrrider95 wrote:
Get a slackline

Fair enough, its easy to say buy this or that but when youre the one spending the money its a different story. I would avoid the crank brothers wheels as they seem to be very unreliable according to people on here. How about stans flows laced onto hope hubs?

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 15:16 Quote
Well I'm not buying till I've finished my fs build but my fs will have hope hubs on superstar xc or dh rims (undecided) so I could (till i could afford the wheels) just pinch them with different adaptors for the rear.

And yes I am only 16 so if I can save that much and not have a worse frame cant really say no haha so Dartmoor it is.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Posted: Apr 26, 2014 at 10:03 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
Dartmoor Hornet. Mines fitted with a 160mm fork and it's amazing. Think in UK the frame is 300 quid. It's a steal.

What set up you got for it?
Just picked up a Hornet frame for bargain price. Might look at single speed if I can?!

Posted: Apr 26, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
Ended up aborting the project to finish my fs but started it again recently and got a ragley mmmbop for £70 just powder coated. Only a few bits off now

Posted: Apr 26, 2014 at 15:27 Quote
NickFCB wrote:
nidgeslash9 wrote:
Dartmoor Hornet. Mines fitted with a 160mm fork and it's amazing. Think in UK the frame is 300 quid. It's a steal.

What set up you got for it?
Just picked up a Hornet frame for bargain price. Might look at single speed if I can?!

Fox 34 160, SRAM XX1, (1x10), SLX brakes and CB Iodine wheels. Looking at a 40T cog, (Hope), for the back.

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 1:16 Quote
Cheers!
Got stuff lying around and on other bikes I'm hoping to transfer over. Think new wheels have got to happen if I go single speed anyway.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015146
Mobile Version of Website