Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
Milesk wrote:
Is it possible for the moderators to review a conversation I am having with a seller? I think he is trying to scam me. He wants a deposit just to come look at a bike. Ostensibly because he is allowing a "stranger to visit his home". Also a scanned copy of my ID.

I wouldn't do it,tell him to meet in a public space rather than paying to see a bike.

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
Milesk wrote:
Is it possible for the moderators to review a conversation I am having with a seller? I think he is trying to scam me. He wants a deposit just to come look at a bike. Ostensibly because he is allowing a "stranger to visit his home". Also a scanned copy of my ID.
Maybe it to ensure you are legitimate.
Zero info on your profile and just joined it will flag you as a possible scammer.
The seller might be hesitant just to give you his home address without proof of ID and some commitment as you could use that info to rob him.
I had a situation some time ago I was selling an MX bike, person arranged to look at my bike got my address and tried to break into my garage, 3 bikes were stolen locally that night.

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 11:19 Quote
chappers998 wrote:
Milesk wrote:
Is it possible for the moderators to review a conversation I am having with a seller? I think he is trying to scam me. He wants a deposit just to come look at a bike. Ostensibly because he is allowing a "stranger to visit his home". Also a scanned copy of my ID.
Maybe it to ensure you are legitimate.
Zero info on your profile and just joined it will flag you as a possible scammer.
The seller might be hesitant just to give you his home address without proof of ID and some commitment as you could use that info to rob him.
I had a situation some time ago I was selling an MX bike, person arranged to look at my bike got my address and tried to break into my garage, 3 bikes were stolen locally that night.

That is sure a very valid argument. But why not meet somewhere public? =/ just saying

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 12:46 Quote
Milesk wrote:
Is it possible for the moderators to review a conversation I am having with a seller? I think he is trying to scam me. He wants a deposit just to come look at a bike. Ostensibly because he is allowing a "stranger to visit his home". Also a scanned copy of my ID.

Why don't you both agree on a public location? No need to go to each others homes.


Edit: didn't see above comment.

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
chappers998 wrote:
Milesk wrote:
Is it possible for the moderators to review a conversation I am having with a seller? I think he is trying to scam me. He wants a deposit just to come look at a bike. Ostensibly because he is allowing a "stranger to visit his home". Also a scanned copy of my ID.
Maybe it to ensure you are legitimate.
Zero info on your profile and just joined it will flag you as a possible scammer.
The seller might be hesitant just to give you his home address without proof of ID and some commitment as you could use that info to rob him.
I had a situation some time ago I was selling an MX bike, person arranged to look at my bike got my address and tried to break into my garage, 3 bikes were stolen locally that night.

That is sure a very valid argument. But why not meet somewhere public? =/ just saying
Best advice, That's what I took to.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
This ad https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2145542 is a scammer. They have copied my genuine ad, pics and description and similar seller name and are trying to sell a Mondraker Foxy XR for £1000. AVOID

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 11:32 Quote
Shaunyb1 wrote:
This ad https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2145542 is a scammer. They have copied my genuine ad, pics and description and similar seller name and are trying to sell a Mondraker Foxy XR for £1000. AVOID

Thanks,i'm going to report it,everyone should do it.

Posted: 5 hours ago Quote
Seller: Tranquilombo

check this out Trek 9.9 frame, new for $900 new member this January

Posted: 4 hours ago Quote
adkrider wrote:
Seller: Tranquilombo

check this out Trek 9.9 frame, new for $900 new member this January

Doesn't look like a scam + they're his pics

Posted: 44 mins ago Quote
Has anyone else noticed that even if ho banned Scamanda Batt has still been able to post her ride logs?
Thought you couldn't post anything if you were banned?

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017351
Mobile Version of Website