Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 12:46 Quote
Milesk wrote:
Is it possible for the moderators to review a conversation I am having with a seller? I think he is trying to scam me. He wants a deposit just to come look at a bike. Ostensibly because he is allowing a "stranger to visit his home". Also a scanned copy of my ID.

Why don't you both agree on a public location? No need to go to each others homes.

Edit: didn't see above comment.

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
chappers998 wrote:
Milesk wrote:
Is it possible for the moderators to review a conversation I am having with a seller? I think he is trying to scam me. He wants a deposit just to come look at a bike. Ostensibly because he is allowing a "stranger to visit his home". Also a scanned copy of my ID.
Maybe it to ensure you are legitimate.
Zero info on your profile and just joined it will flag you as a possible scammer.
The seller might be hesitant just to give you his home address without proof of ID and some commitment as you could use that info to rob him.
I had a situation some time ago I was selling an MX bike, person arranged to look at my bike got my address and tried to break into my garage, 3 bikes were stolen locally that night.

That is sure a very valid argument. But why not meet somewhere public? =/ just saying
Best advice, That's what I took to.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
This ad https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2145542 is a scammer. They have copied my genuine ad, pics and description and similar seller name and are trying to sell a Mondraker Foxy XR for £1000. AVOID

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 11:32 Quote
Shaunyb1 wrote:
This ad https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2145542 is a scammer. They have copied my genuine ad, pics and description and similar seller name and are trying to sell a Mondraker Foxy XR for £1000. AVOID

Thanks,i'm going to report it,everyone should do it.

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
Seller: Tranquilombo

check this out Trek 9.9 frame, new for $900 new member this January

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 19:07 Quote
adkrider wrote:
Seller: Tranquilombo

check this out Trek 9.9 frame, new for $900 new member this January

Doesn't look like a scam + they're his pics

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
Has anyone else noticed that even if ho banned Scamanda Batt has still been able to post her ride logs?
Thought you couldn't post anything if you were banned?

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 0:07 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that even if ho banned Scamanda Batt has still been able to post her ride logs?
Thought you couldn't post anything if you were banned?

Could be linked to Trailforks automatically or something. I have never used it so don't know but it would make sense.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 23:29 Quote
Hope I am wrong but something isn't sitting right with this. Can a mod please check as it has all tell tale signs of usual scams, new account, wrong area etc

Opinions?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2153709/

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
can a mod look into my conversation and ip address with this user for one of my ad.

its a kona stab dh bike. i told buyer i prefer paypal. if he does not have it i can do bank deposite. buyer wanted to send money over bank deposite. ive given him my name address, account number and routing numbers. he sent the money 8 hours ago. he said i should have it around afternoon tomorrow. could he take money out of my account with those info from me?

can a mod check if his IP address matches what he says about his location ? his account is brand new from march 27th

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 5:02 Quote
Hey, I purchased a set of bolts and grips from nazmi back on January 19th. He neglected to inform me that he was sending the order to the manufacturer in Taiwan and that they would be shipped from their. I only paid more to have them more quickly... It has been now 4 months, with nothing to show for the purchase. I send an email last week for a refund as I have purchased the parts I needed months ago. Is there anything you can do before I send the request to PayPal?

https://m.pinkbike.com/u/nazmi

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell

Thanks

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 16:38 Quote
akacoke wrote:
can a mod look into my conversation and ip address with this user for one of my ad.

its a kona stab dh bike. i told buyer i prefer paypal. if he does not have it i can do bank deposite. buyer wanted to send money over bank deposite. ive given him my name address, account number and routing numbers. he sent the money 8 hours ago. he said i should have it around afternoon tomorrow. could he take money out of my account with those info from me?

can a mod check if his IP address matches what he says about his location ? his account is brand new from march 27th

I don't understand why you would send anyone that information...all you need to give someone to receive a bank transfer is their email address.

Posted: Apr 16, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
Do not buy/sell with user name Kensti, this guy is a complete Ass hat and scammer. Mods will hopefully be deleting his account soon.

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
xc71 wrote:
Do not buy/sell with user name Kensti, this guy is a complete Ass hat and scammer. Mods will hopefully be deleting his account soon.

What happened, any info?

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027106
Mobile Version of Website