Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: May 10, 2017 at 16:25 Quote
Coalminer955 wrote:
So, looking like I was scammed as well.
I paid for a Cane Creek Angleset from https://m.pinkbike.com/u/Fundamentalist a few weeks back. Correspondence was good, with, clear fast response. I agreed to an e-transfer to email address joseph.rayswelding@gmail.com. Since then, I received one response, claiming the set was mailed the following Friday. I haven't given up hope completely, but I live in relatively close proximity to his claimed address, and mail should take 1-3days tops. Now over two weeks, and no responses from the seller.

Just wanted to start a log, and prepare for the worst.

Hey,
After some more digging, the user
jomacba
has sold a lot of stuff, including an Angleset a while back
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1934446/

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 18:16 Quote
f*ck dudes,please pay with paypal goods...

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
STOP. PAYING. WITH SOMETHING. THAT IS NOT. PAYPAL

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
E transfers are easy, there's no fee and they are instant. I prefer them for small transactions.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
Like not wearing a condom then bitching 9 months later.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 14:36 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
E transfers are easy, there's no fee and they are instant. I prefer them for small transactions.

I also dont mind Etransfers, but you have to be willing to take the risk. I wouldnt buy anything expensive or that i was overly concerned about the condition with an etransfer. Paypals got all that covered.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 19:47 Quote
I have a question about payment to seller.

Do I pay the seller using PayPal Goods and then just wait till the bike is shipped to me or do I pay after he sends me the tracking number of the shipment? or is it done some other different way?

Thanks!

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
romaldinho96 wrote:

Do I pay the seller using PayPal Goods and then just wait till the bike is shipped to me or do I pay after he sends me the tracking number of the shipment? or is it done some other different way?

Thanks!

First pay by goods,then he will go and ship the stuff and provide you with the tracking number. if he blocks you or ignores your messages then you can start a claim for a refund in paypal.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 23:23 Quote
romaldinho96 wrote:

Thanks!

First pay by goods,then he will go and ship the stuff and provide you with the tracking number. if he blocks you or ignores your messages then you can start a claim for a refund in paypal.

This, also screen shot the advert and text my friend. Always handy to have if needed

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 10:08 Quote
hey guys I have just filled a claim with PayPal and now the guy has gone missing from pb. his user name was davidpeet91and his add has gone too.
he took my money and sent me a prawn cracker in box. joke on him as PayPal secure etc. why don't these people have anything better to do with their time.
( why did it only just come up as a scammer- was it due to PayPal or someone else?)
thanks guys
Peter

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
Hi I have this seller name GucciHooks1017 and tried buying his 2016 Giant Anthem SX, he said he can send it to my place for $1000 and said he covers shipping fees. So i sent him payment and added $30 for the paypal fees.

But after paying him thru paypal goods, he starts ignoring all my message from pb and all my text messages. One of his text messages said that I am the scammer because ive sent him the copy of the paypal transaction.

I called him and told him about my payment from paypal goods and he ask me to cancel my transaction from paypal because he is not sending the bike anymore (what a guy).

Please don't contact this seller anymore as he brings hassle for anyone who wants to make deal with him.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/GucciHooks1017/

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
Jeserio wrote:
Hi I have this seller name GucciHooks1017 and tried buying his 2016 Giant Anthem SX, he said he can send it to my place for $1000 and said he covers shipping fees. So i sent him payment and added $30 for the paypal fees.

But after paying him thru paypal goods, he starts ignoring all my message from pb and all my text messages. One of his text messages said that I am the scammer because ive sent him the copy of the paypal transaction.

I called him and told him about my payment from paypal goods and he ask me to cancel my transaction from paypal because he is not sending the bike anymore (what a guy).

Please don't contact this seller anymore as he brings hassle for anyone who wants to make deal with him.

So did he send your money back?

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
chappers998 wrote:
Jeserio wrote:

So did he send your money back?

I only filed a claim or case from paypal. Never heard from the seller still.

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 5:16 Quote
When you file a claim against a seller, keep in mind to be very aware of your paypal activity regarding the claim. It doesn't matter if the seller went AWOL, that's not your problem. Paypal will send you instruction through email and you have to follow them to the letter, if you miss or do not follow their instruction(s) would jeopardize returning your money to you. Just be patient, stick to the topic and be respectful (adult) with your conversation with them, they will return your money and don't worry about the seller from then on, it's paypal's problem now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013309
Mobile Version of Website