Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 3:57 Quote
tonup wrote:
allbiker wrote:
allbiker wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one who is waiting to get refund , paypal is waiting to contact with seller .
I'm just wonder if anyone else report scammer on PB or its just me?

Refunded me too mate,
The blokes a f*ckin bellend

Refunded me today too....

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 4:00 Quote
got another one now "thorsky" someone in Czech wanting to buy my frame, looks like he only set up account a week ago.
profile only has "I am riding almost since I was born and biking is my life!" seems a bit odd, as if that is the case why has he never sold anything or posted any photos?
Also red flag as said his bank account doesn't support paypal, so would need direct bank transfer.
Told him i will only deal via paypal, & will only post to verified address, but again wondering if scammer, might just do a trade in at my LBS at this rate :-0

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 4:24 Quote
desman75 wrote:
tonup wrote:
allbiker wrote:

Refunded me too mate,

Refunded me today too....
Lucky you guys, I'm still waiting :-(

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 12:08 Quote
I see in my "Inbox" that a user I've been in communication with has just recently been flagged as a "VERIFIED SCAMMER". This is after I completed a transaction with him for a high dollar bike I sold. PayPal hasn't notified me of any fraud or charge back. Should I be worried at this point?

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 12:28 Quote
coregrind wrote:
I see in my "Inbox" that a user I've been in communication with has just recently been flagged as a "VERIFIED SCAMMER". This is after I completed a transaction with him for a high dollar bike I sold. PayPal hasn't notified me of any fraud or charge back. Should I be worried at this point?

There shouldn't be any problem if you have received the money from PayPal, they authorised the buyers payment and they are insured to cover this type of thing. It may be worth calling PayPal just to put your mind at ease.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
coregrind wrote:
Personally I would contact paypal and make them aware of the situation as I've heard some horror stories of them siding with the buyer. Just voice your concern with them and show them proof of postage and that the buyer is a scammer before they get a chance to try and pull a fast one if that does turn out to be their aim. Try to speak to local representives as last couple of times I've contacted ebay/paypal I seem to get people from non English speaking countries and they don't really seem to fully understand what I'm trying to say.

Importantly, did you verify that it was a legitmate payment made and you have the funds in your account? Fake emails are often used to trick you into thinking you have received the cash.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 14:44 Quote
The nice lady I talked with at PayPal just gave me complete peace of mind after our conversation regarding the transaction so it looks like I'll sleep well tonight.

Thanks to you and wythall1.
Biscuitto wrote:
coregrind wrote:
Personally I would contact paypal and make them aware of the situation as I've heard some horror stories of them siding with the buyer. Just voice your concern with them and show them proof of postage and that the buyer is a scammer before they get a chance to try and pull a fast one if that does turn out to be their aim. Try to speak to local representives as last couple of times I've contacted ebay/paypal I seem to get people from non English speaking countries and they don't really seem to fully understand what I'm trying to say.

Importantly, did you verify that it was a legitmate payment made and you have the funds in your account? Fake emails are often used to trick you into thinking you have received the cash.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
coregrind wrote:
The nice lady I talked with at PayPal just gave me complete peace of mind after our conversation regarding the transaction so it looks like I'll sleep well tonight.

Thanks to you and wythall1.
Biscuitto wrote:
coregrind wrote:

Superb! Happy days! tup

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:05 Quote
Got a message from Gabriellanfredi today trying to buy my Trek Remedy 9.7 carbon and wondering if anyone here has dealt with him. He said he is trying to look into why he got flagged but I am weary.

Thanks for any help!

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 4:47 Quote
tonup wrote:
allbiker wrote:
allbiker wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one who is waiting to get refund , paypal is waiting to contact with seller .

Refunded me too mate,
After few days of intensive conversation with paypal claim has been decided in my favour and I'll receive a refund on 19th. Kind of happy but still need to wait to pay for new fork.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 10:15 Quote
allbiker wrote:
tonup wrote:
allbiker wrote:

Refunded me too mate,
After few days of intensive conversation with paypal claim has been decided in my favour and I'll receive a refund on 19th. Kind of happy but still need to wait to pay for new fork.

Good news! tup

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 0:21 Quote
I was scammed by:
https://m.pinkbike.com/u/Liam1410/
I was supposed to buy this helmet:
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2220752/

I sent the money through PayPal on 7th of September and he said it’ll be posted tommorow. As I sent the money,I never heard him back. Many polite messages were sent both in Pinkbike and WhatsApp as I found he/she share their phone in another ad(I was blocked in WhatsApp). I waited two weeks and decided to open a case in PayPal so I’m hoping for a refund.. Guys,as I only use pinkbike for buy/sell related stuff,I don’t know to who i have to report this guy or how to provide screenshots here,but if there is someone who doesn’t believe my information,just strike me a message with your email,I’ll provide all sceenshots with opened case in PayPal and ignored messages.

Please,don’t buy anything from that person!

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
Fair play , you've done everything right! This is the place to report Salute

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 15:53 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/u/Davidpolite/

Username: Davidpolite

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2251359/

Trying to sell Carbon fiber Jeffsy for really low price. Only will send photos stolen from PinkBike reviews and forums. Does not have any photos of the bike he is apparently trying to sell.

He sent me photos from this thread, but stated that they were his photos.
https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189473&pagenum=176

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.024902
Mobile Version of Website