Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 23:04 Quote
Received my item, there were actual rare unusual circumstances that took place for the hold up on shipping info and such, take back what I said.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 4:57 Quote
Naughtjm wrote:
Watch out for username "agrumpyoldtroll" Guy goes by the name Jason Kanter (https://www.facebook.com/jaystekan/about?lst=588208409%3A1050784496%3A151026310Cool from El Paso, Texas. Selling Surly Wednesday for 1000. I purchased the bike from him on Nov 2nd for 1050, to cover shipping, through paypal goods and services. He said he would send tracking once he shipped. (Provided facebook info because I investigate this stuff to see if it's a false domain or name and this El Paso Jason Kanter is a facebook group member with the Surly Wednesday page, very fishy, right?

Two days after purchase I asked for tracking info, he said this on Nov 4rth: "Everything is packed but the frame. The box I had was too narrow. I am out right now getting a box. I will email a tracking number as soon as I get it all dropped off."

On Nov 8th I became impatient and asked for tracking. No response on Pinkbike. Tried the number he provided, straight to voicemail. Tried the paypal email letting him know of my concerns, and got two consecutive responses within a 4 minute timeframe on Nov 10th, quite promptly actually.
This is what he sent first: "Hey, I dropped it off at the FedEx guy Saturday to be professionally packed and shipped, I couldn't find a box to fit the frame. He said he'd send both of us an email with a tracking number once it shipped. I will go to the FedEx shop tomorrow for an update."

and second: "I promise you, other than not linking what the song status is, there are no lithe issues. I guess down the bike Thursday and Friday, and flood it to be spotted Saturday. I will check tomorrow."

The first statement makes sense, but the second is not even coherent other than that he mentions a bike and the days of the week it should actually be arriving. Flood it to be expected? Song status? What is he talking about? Not to mention if it had shipped fedex on Saturday Nov 4rth, they would have had to legally give him a tracking number right then and there. Also worthy to note is that domestic ground shipping from coast to coast, which it isn't, takes max 5 business days. Dropped off and mailed on the 4rth and still haven't received tracking info let alone received shipment in 10 days. Impossible.

All in all I've raised a paypal dispute which has escalated to a claim, and since there has been no response, I'm confident once the 10 days are up, which is Paypal's allotted time for the seller to provide a valid tracking number, that I will not be receiving this fake fatbike bike, and will be receiving the money that has been, until further notice, stolen from me. This is what I get for trying to buy a fatbike.

A probably pointless word of advice for the ignorant, always use paypal goods and services for all transactions and always request tracking promptly, If tracking is not provided promptly and they are stalling with shipment, just bail and find another deal. I don't care how busy you are, you want my thousands of dollars? You better f&Kin sprint to my demands. That's my hard earned money. Don't mess with it. You should feel the same way. There is an expiration on filing a dispute where a dispute could go the other way. This person will waste more time than it would have taken to work for a brand new direct sales bike, considering the differences.

Also I urge everyone to literally get to know the buyer. Talk to them on the phone, tell them to send you a facebook friend request, or provide some sort of legitimacy with history, photos, and information. Know that if someone responds promptly initially and then just starts lagging after purchase, 99 percent its a scam. The 1 percent is just the people that waste your time and you shouldn't buy from them anyway.

Finally here's the guys info

Agrumpyoldtroll's

Ad:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2272425/

Seller Profile:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/agrumpyoldtroll/

Trust me, it can’t be said enough, always use paypal goods or cash in person...over the many years I’ve been on pinkbike, it is the most common cause of people getting screwed over, there’s a reason it’s in highlighted text on every ad.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 19:11 Quote
i bought a single xt hydraulic brake for $65 shipped from Kaharoa7. After collecting the money, deleted the ad instead of marking it sold and never answered any querries regarding updates.. He has few items for sale again and hopefully nobody will get scammed same as what happened to me

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 14:01 Quote
I'm texting a buyer right now who wants to send me a cashiers check for the bike and shipping. the buyer wants me to cash the check and then pay his shipping agent from that money. He says hes out of the country and will return on friday but won't telll me who he's shipping through. Any thoughts

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 14:04 Quote
Only agree to do so if you can dictate which courier is used. That way you can be sure it is going through a safe and legitimate company and not one of his mates in a van.

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
ken-k wrote:
I'm texting a buyer right now who wants to send me a cashiers check for the bike and shipping. the buyer wants me to cash the check and then pay his shipping agent from that money. He says hes out of the country and will return on friday but won't telll me who he's shipping through. Any thoughts
Run away dude. Typical nonsense scam, how many times have they referred to the bike as 'the item' or similar instead of what it is? That's because they will try to buy literally anything and don't even bother to type out new messages for it

Is he also military by any chance?

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
Ask him if you can send money to his brother who is a Nigerian prince living on an oil rig, that’ll soon get shot of the twat

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
ken-k wrote:

Do yourself a huge favor and tell that person to kindly F off. The only advice you need is simple, only use paypal goods and services and follow their policy or meet in person for a cash transaction, preferably at a bank where you can check that the money is not counterfeit.

Good luck

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 16:43 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Ask him if you can send money to his brother who is a Nigerian prince living on an oil rig, that’ll soon get shot of the twat

What about all the poor, picked on Nigerian princes that are being targeted!
Nigerian Princes Lives Matter!

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
Bought a frame from gnarbear, Asked how long it will take him to ship. He said "As soon as payment arrives I should be able to squeeze it into a credit card". It has now been a week since payment (PAYPAL).
Communication was great until I paid, now it has ceased entirely, he is still logging into to PB but not opening MY messages.
The ad https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2286526/

STEER CLEAR OF THIS a*shole!! Dead Horse

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 15:37 Quote
slope wrote:
Bought a frame from gnarbear, Asked how long it will take him to ship. He said "As soon as payment arrives I should be able to squeeze it into a credit card". It has now been a week since payment (PAYPAL).
Communication was great until I paid, now it has ceased entirely, he is still logging into to PB but not opening MY messages.

Sucks to hear that. Super scary for sure. I'd probably plan out how to manage things with Paypal etc., but give it another week. It could just be a less than stellar seller who isn't great financially and is having a hard time putting together the shipping money, despite your payment. It might not be a total screw-over, just a little bit of wool over the eyes. Good luck.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
VTwintips wrote:
slope wrote:

Sucks to hear that. Super scary for sure. I'd probably plan out how to manage things with Paypal etc., but give it another week. It could just be a less than stellar seller who isn't great financially and is having a hard time putting together the shipping money, despite your payment. It might not be a total screw-over, just a little bit of wool over the eyes. Good luck.

Did hear back from him last night. Turns out it was my fault.
He says, "I have today off I'll call them again to arrange for a pick up everything is packed labeled and ready to ship.
Then he says the week delay was because he didn't have my shipping address.
I said you go it a week ago when I made my Paypal payment.
Then he says it's not his paypal account.

So I feel a little better that the confusion was cleared up and it was my fault.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 12:09 Quote
slope wrote:
VTwintips wrote:
slope wrote:

He says, "I have today off I'll call them again to arrange for a pick up everything is packed labeled and ready to ship.

So I feel a little better that the confusion was cleared up and it was my fault.

Still wasn't opening your messages, also, it's not his PP account? SO why couldn't the person who's account it is send him your address details? Still sounds a bit fishy. Anyway, good luck.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
maninblue wrote:
slope wrote:
VTwintips wrote:

Still wasn't opening your messages, also, it's not his PP account? SO why couldn't the person who's account it is send him your address details? Still sounds a bit fishy. Anyway, good luck.

I agree that this only sounds worse now.

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
i would not do business with afiacco i sent him a bike a few months ago after weeks of discussing the bike he decided to purchase it and even knocked me down on the price after asking me why it was such a good deal i felt foolish but explained why it was cheaper than other models parts had been changed from the stock bike that is how i purchased it and it worked fine eventually i blew the shock and while fox was rebuilding i decided the bike was not for me anymore. i had fox rebuild the shock and while that happened i posted the ad and sold it a week after getting the shock back. the bike did have some weird stuff it was a 2012 with a triple ring and had a manitu instead of a fox that being said mine sold for 1000 while stock models were selling at 1700 and that was discussed multiple times why it was so much less expensive than fuel ex 9s. All was well and he was pumped to buy it so he did the next day it was shipped he got it that week and seemed very happy with his purchase even sent me a pic of it and he was real anxious to get it i could tell. Now like 3 months later he has contacted me saying that what i sold him was not a stock bike i confirmed with him that we discussed for weeks that it was less expensive because it had more entry level parts ( still SLX witch i still run and think its sick) and a manitu fork all of which was clearly pictured with like the 12 pics i posted on the ad along with the 10 additional pics i sent him not including any vids. he never asked about any of the parts yet i still told him why it was such a good price. i told him if he was mistaken with what he bought i happily would have accepted it back had it not been built and ridden by him for 3 months before he supposedly noticed it had a triple instead of a one by and a manitu fork instead of fox all clearly pictured in the ad.he said that after rush shipping and and sending me a pic of it built that he would have sent it back but just put the bike together 3 months later. i have never had a bike sit in a box 3 minutes never mind 3 months regardless. so first he asked me to pay him 800 to "fix" the bike i sold it to him for 1000. then he threatened to sue me if i did not pay him 500 dollars and claimed it would hold in court because i sold the bike as a 2012 and supposedly it wasnt ( this is a 2012 bike people dont know where this kid is going with that or what drugs hes on) . after long conversations explaining to him that i told him and showed him exactly what he was getting he is now begging me to cover the shipping he paid so he has dropped from 800 to maybe 80 i thought this is fishy. im posting this ad because yesterday i checked his account and he is selling the bike for more than he bought it for and has changed nothing about the bike. he claimed that parts i just put on are not actually new yet his ad claims they are (they actually are new) and after all this. i call him out for flipping a bike lying to customers and sellers and being a hypocrite if he says they are not new to me then tells buyers they are. the final the last message i recived said that he was not interested in getting any money back from me nut instead was intrested in the trust and honesty of the community and then proceeded to blame me for the untrustworthyness of the web.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.012806
Mobile Version of Website