Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:42 Quote
That is text book scam!

Never take a cashier's check.

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 14:26 Quote
Hi there,

I would like some advise please about a purchase I made off Pink Bike. Well a purchase I am yet to receive. About two weeks ago I brought a pair of wheels from a guy and I won't name him as yet in case he does send them. The guy basically has gone to ground, not answering messages or emails. Anyway I paid through Paypal goods and services so I should be covered but my question to you guys is, how easy is it to claim your money back through Paypal. Does it take long to receive your money and can the seller dispute the claim. Also how long should I wait before I claim?

Thanks

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 14:32 Quote
Shouldn’t take long at all. If you go to the payment it should give you the option of resolving a problem ie open a dispute. Once you’ve done that PayPal should freeze your money in his account.

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 14:38 Quote
chappers998 wrote:
Shouldn’t take long at all. If you go to the payment it should give you the option of resolving a problem ie open a dispute. Once you’ve done that PayPal should freeze your money in his account.

Even if I paid two weeks ago?

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
Yep no problem upto 45 days I believe, just open a dispute and take screen shots of all correspondence (or lack of) as evidence.

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 14:44 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Yep no problem upto 45 days I believe, just open a dispute and take screen shots of all correspondence (or lack of) as evidence.

Thanks guys

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 16:35 Quote
kreature406 wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:

Thanks guys

I'm in the same situation....put my dispute claim in, it ends on the 11th. So should expect my cash back after that date. Will let you know how I get on.

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 17:02 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:

I think PayPal just changed it to around 100 days if I’m not mistaken.

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 1:02 Quote
maninblue wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:

I think PayPal just changed it to around 100 days if I’m not mistaken.

Even better Salute

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 8:40 Quote
So my other half is selling some odds and sods and a lad has said he wants to pay by bank transfer because he doesn't have pay pal...this sounds a bit sus to me...is it as sketchy as it sounds?

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
Nikewatch wrote:
So my other half is selling some odds and sods and a lad has said he wants to pay by bank transfer because he doesn't have pay pal...this sounds a bit sus to me...is it as sketchy as it sounds?
I've sold a fair bit by bank transfer. Never had an issue. Not sure how they could claim/dispute etc. PayPal gives protection to the buyer so if anything they are more at risk not you.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 10:12 Quote
Cheers...i thought that but I didn't know for certain cheers bud

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 1:25 Quote
Good news !!! I'm all sorted and case won after a week with a Paypal claim >>>>>> shows the twat was in the wrong anyway.

Took a week for the Paypal assessor to win my case.

Tips for you all that I found....

NEVER pay by gift unless you trust the seller
Be thorough and clear in your claim info
Collate the relevant dates exactly....ie:contact/purchase/emails with the seller
Give description of the exact items and value
Draw up your claim email professionally and worded with maturity (even though you want to shred the twat verbally)

Job done....I'm happy, the twat is now out of pocket, I can jump around knowing MY cash is sorted and back in my account in 5 days max.
All the best, Happy Xmas lads, keep spinning those pedals.
Seadevil Pimp

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 2:54 Quote
SEADEVIL wrote:

Do you trust random people on the street ? No ?
Then why would you trust a random person online ?
Even if he looks trust-worthy.
Don't be a dumb-ass, and use the 'Pay for goods' option every single time when you pay.
The 'Gift' option is to send money to family and friends, not to random sellers !
Smile

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
msniki wrote:
SEADEVIL wrote:

Do you trust random people on the street ? No ?
Then why would you trust a random person online ?
Even if he looks trust-worthy.
Don't be a dumb-ass, and use the 'Pay for goods' option every single time when you pay.
The 'Gift' option is to send money to family and friends, not to random sellers !
Smile

I also accept bitcoin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013082
Mobile Version of Website