PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
| Next Page
Mod
Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
markholloway wrote:
johannthomas wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=149619

Check out ssmtbrd he is asking for money orders.

No where does the rules state a seller can't asked for a Money Order as a form of payment. If you actually read the ad they have listed multiple forms of payment.

Not sure why you have posted this user in the scam forum?

I think in this case it seems to be a legit physical bike store. ( based on some initial checking )
Even though between unknown users it's recommended that paypal be used, if you are dealing with a physical store, one can consider other options.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
SCAM ALERT: User "Evanpowell" is fake-listing a Rocky Mountain Slayer in Laval, QC.He is taking interac transfers and is offering "free shipping" to anywhere in Canada (!!). Sent me a fake address, and stole his pictures/copy from Kijiji.

Pics/copy stolen from:
(https://www.kijiji.ca/v-mountain-bike/oakville-halton-region/rocky-mountain-slayer-sxc70-all-mountain-bike/1365152162?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true)

Please notify and delete user. His number is 1-438-792-5992 (probably a burner phone).

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 20:29 Quote
gnargnartours

Sells broken / damaged bikes and claims they are not.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 6:37 Quote
Hello.
I was scamed from a person in pinkbike
He introduced himself as a second hand bike-driven company with a warranty of 12 months.
I do paymante from 430 pauds with bank transfer. After that i do not have contact with him. Contact number was unavailble and i do not have reply massege.
Please help me to found this scammer.
Link to his profile :

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/SWVoodoo/

message in my email was from name like - Stevie Louis (SWVoodoo) has sent you a message.

Part of his fraudulent chat.

" I sell bikes for a living, this is my job. You will receive the bike with Paisley Freight on Monday. You have the advantage of buying from Barry Carne Bikes that were a proper company not a single seller so your customer experience is the top of our list! If you don't wish to buy the bike let me know as I do have other people interested in the bike.

Before, you don't buy something and pay after when buying 2nd hand do you. Thanks

Best regards,
Barry "

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 23:31 Quote
Genadi123 wrote:
Hello.
He introduced himself as a second hand bike-driven company with a warranty of 12 months.
I do paymante from 430 pauds with bank transfer. After that i do not have contact with him. Contact number was unavailble and i do not have reply massege.
Link to his profile :

message in my email was from name like - Stevie Louis (SWVoodoo) has sent you a message.

" I sell bikes for a living, this is my job. You will receive the bike with Paisley Freight on Monday. You have the advantage of buying from Barry Carne Bikes that were a proper company not a single seller so your customer experience is the top of our list! If you don't wish to buy the bike let me know as I do have other people interested in the bike.

Before, you don't buy something and pay after when buying 2nd hand do you. Thanks

Best regards,
Barry "

Always pay paypal goods and NEVER trust a new account, fair play for the shout out and apologies, it looks like your cash is long gone

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 23:47 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Genadi123 wrote:
Hello.
Link to his profile :

Best regards,
Barry "

Always pay paypal goods and NEVER trust a new account, fair play for the shout out and apologies, it looks like your cash is long gone

^^^^ Great advice right there..Wink

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 22:23 Quote
Anyone dealt with "effandi" before? He bought a Helmet from me and I shipped it to him in Vancouver. At first he wanted me to ship to his work address which is different than his PayPal address. So I asked him to change the address on his PayPal account to the address he wants me to ship to. He did that so I shipped the helmet. Then he contact me saying he never received the helmet even though the tracking shows it has been delivered and ask me to contact Canada Post to make a claim. So I contact Canada Post and they said they traced the item and records shows it was delivered to the correct address. Now he is asking me to add him to the email conversation I had with Canada Post so we could fight Canada Post together or he will use the PayPal buyers protection to get the money back. I am starting to feel he just wants me to make a claim so I will refund him his money and I shouldn't waste any more of my time on this.

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 22:49 Quote
ldna wrote:
Anyone dealt with "effandi" before? He bought a Helmet from me and I shipped it to him in Vancouver. At first he wanted me to ship to his work address which is different than his PayPal address. So I asked him to change the address on his PayPal account to the address he wants me to ship to. He did that so I shipped the helmet. Then he contact me saying he never received the helmet even though the tracking shows it has been delivered and ask me to contact Canada Post to make a claim. So I contact Canada Post and they said they traced the item and records shows it was delivered to the correct address. Now he is asking me to add him to the email conversation I had with Canada Post so we could fight Canada Post together or he will use the PayPal buyers protection to get the money back. I am starting to feel he just wants me to make a claim so I will refund him his money and I shouldn't waste any more of my time on this.
I’d contact PayPal first and show them you’re correspondence and your suspicions. They’ll know he’s trying to scam and often take the most responsible person at the table

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 22:55 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
ldna wrote:
I’d contact PayPal first and show them you’re correspondence and your suspicions. They’ll know he’s trying to scam and often take the most responsible person at the table

Good advice ^^^^. Do it soon, if not sooner.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 10:50 Quote
Dont ever buy from the user "ktmalwase".

Sold me a pair of MT8's, told me that the brakes had no issues.

At first sight:

- Rear lever leaking fluid.
- Rear lever bleed screw, broken.
- Therefore, sent a rear brake system with no fluid at all.

Don´t trust this guy, not a reliable seller.

Posted: 8 hours ago Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/MoseyMTB/

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2367540/

Dealt on a Crank Brothers Highline Dropper Post with seller MoseyMTB.

Transferred the money by PayPal but the Item was never sent and he stopped responding to my PMs. Reported to Paypal and recovered money thankfully.

Don’t be scammed by this guy! He has other items on sale and appears to have sold lots but don’t be fooled

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016566
Mobile Version of Website