Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
@jhomgrajales Dang, that sucks big time! Never trust anyone! I know it doesn't need to be said again, but always use goods and services if paying through PayPal, or cash in person, those are my only two acceptable methods of payment and I've never had a problem as long as I stick to them.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
maninblue wrote:
@jhomgrajales Dang, that sucks big time! Never trust anyone! I know it doesn't need to be said again, but always use goods and services if paying through PayPal, or cash in person, those are my only two acceptable methods of payment and I've never had a problem as long as I stick to them.

^^^^^ This. It's especially a good idea if your buying something that costs more than 50.00 usd, and even then it's worth paying the fees just for the protection.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 18:00 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
maninblue wrote:

^^^^^ This. It's especially a good idea if your buying something that costs more than 50.00 usd, and even then it's worth paying the fees just for the protection.

yeah guys!! I know I screwed myself up!!! I learned the lesson. ( very expensive lesson )
I I hope this experience ( and this post ) help me and everybody else Out there!

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
Should find out where he lives and you and the home boys pay him a visit

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

Or not...

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
jhomgrajales wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
maninblue wrote:

yeah guys!! I know I screwed myself up!!! I learned the lesson. ( very expensive lesson )
I I hope this experience ( and this post ) help me and everybody else Out there!

Just out of curiosity, why did you send 2 payments instead of 1..?

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
maninblue wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Or not...

Why the hell not?

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
maninblue wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Or not...

Why the hell not?

Depends on how you and your buddies go about paying a visit..Best not to confront the Thief at his house if possible, and NO weapons, i.e. ball bats ect. Sometimes, thieves need a little " street Justice to make them see their evil ways..Big Grin

Especially if the cops won't do anything.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 22:00 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
rideonjon wrote:
maninblue wrote:

Or not...

Why the hell not?

Depends on how you and your buddies go about paying a visit..Best not to confront the Thief at his house if possible, and NO weapons, i.e. ball bats ect. Sometimes, thieves need a little " street Justice to make them see their evil ways..Big Grin

I've retrieved stolen bikes before, and have no problem issuing some street justice as you put it.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
rideonjon wrote:

Why the hell not?

I've retrieved stolen bikes before, and have no problem issuing some street justice as you put it.

Good on ya...Sometimes it takes the threat of Pain to get these jokers to stop stealing. Then theres always the option of setting up a sting to catch the thief's.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
Anybody have experience with UPS losing a package?

I bought a frame a few weeks ago shipped from BC Canada to WA state USA. It was scanned into the seattle UPS, scanned out, and then scanned back into that same location a few minutes later. Since then nothing has happened to with my package. I got a hold of a real person from the UPS hotline and they opened an investigation, that was like 5 days ago.

I'm worried that they just lost my f***ing package and are gonna tell me to pound sand, it's amazing to watch one of the worlds largest corporations completely drop the ball. It's not like i will ever be able to boycott these asshats, or do anything about it really.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
Yes, I had shipments lost by UPS. Doesn't happen very often, but it does occur. They locate them most of the time, but sometimes not. If they don't find it, you'll receive the amount it was insured for. So as long as it was insured, you won't get screwed. They are good about that.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Yes, I had shipments lost by UPS. Doesn't happen very often, but it does occur. They locate them most of the time, but sometimes not. If they don't find it, you'll receive the amount it was insured for. So as long as it was insured, you won't get screwed. They are good about that.

Yeah it's so worth buying insurance. When I sell items I always recommend they pay extra for insurance. Some people don't though which can end up coming back on me if something gets lost or broken during the shipping process.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
Thanks guys! I feel better about it now. We'll see how it pans out.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 23:21 Quote
You'll be straight dont trip sit tight and order some patients ...I am selling some of u want I can send to u FedEx or usps since ups cacck!! Investigation can take up to 30 days. Its probably in customs since that s where they go when they arrive in st louis from canada. Not to sound like a u.p.s. (dick) but that's just part of ordering from canada. There are alot pf canadians on terrorist watch lists especially since ISIS main source of transportation are bikes and pedicabs. Hopefully you didnt order from an internationall arms deale(r*terrorist) they aren particularily found of, known for doing kamikaze suicide bomber missions on singlespeed dirt jumpers andn,nkv because the chain doesnt rattle off half way to their target like a bike w a derailer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015130
Mobile Version of Website