Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Yep! See he's marked as a scammer now. He won't be ripping off anymore people (until he starts with a new/different account).

What I don't understand is why he was so eager to accept Paypal payment when it's obvious that when using Paypal goods we would get our money back...

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Yep! See he's marked as a scammer now. He won't be ripping off anymore people (until he starts with a new/different account).

What I don't understand is why he was so eager to accept Paypal payment when it's obvious that when using Paypal goods we would get our money back...

Sometimes they either use it as a quick loan or hope someone pays family / gift- either way his IP address will be flagged so he shouldn’t be able to open up again unless he goes proxy

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
he was banned completely, can't even access his account link

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
freerider11 wrote:

Because, thieves are usually stupid, or they are dreamers..Wink

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
I didn't get scammed since I never sent any money. But this user https://www.pinkbike.com/u/alexhinkson/ showed very suspicious behavior on this item https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2537272/.

So I contacted him about the bike, he seemed legit up until he offered to send more pics so I could confirm it was in good shape before I bought it. After that, I noticed the listing was sold so I contacted him to ask him if he sold the bike. He said he reserved it for me so I said I was pretty much certain I was gonna buy it once he sent me the pics. Then after that, he never responded until I finally sent him a text about the pics. Then he said he sold the bike to a friend and he was busy and didn't seem like a priority to tell me about it even though he reserved the bike for me. I said ok, and sent him a few more messages asking some questions on the parts so I could build a very similar build myself. He never responded with anything. By text or on pinkbike.

He is probably a legit user and is probably busy but he still showed very suspicious behavior. But worse of all, not only did he sell the bike when he reserved it for me without telling me. But he never responded to anything I sent after that. Not even an "ok sure, when I have time".

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
nicman1233 wrote:
I didn't get scammed since I never sent any money. But this user https://www.pinkbike.com/u/alexhinkson/ showed very suspicious behavior on this item https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2537272/.

So I contacted him about the bike, he seemed legit up until he offered to send more pics so I could confirm it was in good shape before I bought it. After that, I noticed the listing was sold so I contacted him to ask him if he sold the bike. He said he reserved it for me so I said I was pretty much certain I was gonna buy it once he sent me the pics. Then after that, he never responded until I finally sent him a text about the pics. Then he said he sold the bike to a friend and he was busy and didn't seem like a priority to tell me about it even though he reserved the bike for me. I said ok, and sent him a few more messages asking some questions on the parts so I could build a very similar build myself. He never responded with anything. By text or on pinkbike.

He is probably a legit user and is probably busy but he still showed very suspicious behavior. But worse of all, not only did he sell the bike when he reserved it for me without telling me. But he never responded to anything I sent after that. Not even an "ok sure, when I have time".
I doubt much will ever change, but fwiw I've had many similar experiences, where I was going to buy something then suddenly the seller sells it to someone else and often just ignores me, the few times I get a response it tends to similarly be something like don't care, I was too busy for you, sucks to be you, etc. Frown

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
Yeah, I mean if it was something that I didn't really care about, I wouldn't have bothered. But for an item as substantial as this, it didn't seem fair that he could just do that while I spent so much time ensuring that it was the perfect bike for me.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
nicman1233 wrote:
Yeah, I mean if it was something that I didn't really care about, I wouldn't have bothered. But for an item as substantial as this, it didn't seem fair that he could just do that while I spent so much time ensuring that it was the perfect bike for me.
Yeah. I literally had one guy tell me it was my fault because I didn't "pull the trigger". I mean, sorry I didn't immediately send a Paypal for the full asking price plus $100 with no questions asked and hope something happens. All I wanted was a couple questions about the bike/shipping and how it would fit my extremely lanky self... When I'm about to spend 4 figures/my life savings on a bike, it would be nice if they're not a jerk. Frown lol

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
nicman1233 wrote:
Yeah. I literally had one guy tell me it was my fault because I didn't "pull the trigger". I mean, sorry I didn't immediately send a Paypal for the full asking price plus $100 with no questions asked and hope something happens. All I wanted was a couple questions about the bike/shipping and how it would fit my extremely lanky self... When I'm about to spend 4 figures/my life savings on a bike, it would be nice if they're not a jerk. Frown lol

You guys need to thicken up your skin a bit,buying on here can be trying at times but essentially it's first come first serve.I get a lot of people saying they are going to buy something and then never respond back.
So it works both ways.
I had a guy state he was going to buy a stem from me and to hold it,i had other opportunities to sell it but held it for him.Eventually after some unanswered messages he said he wasn't interested anymore!

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:
nicman1233 wrote:

You guys need to thicken up your skin a bit,buying on here can be trying at times but essentially it's first come first serve.I get a lot of people saying they are going to buy something and then never respond back.
So it works both ways.
I had a guy state he was going to buy a stem from me and to hold it,i had other opportunities to sell it but held it for him.Eventually after some unanswered messages he said he wasn't interested anymore!

I said that I was almost certainly gonna buy it once he sent the pics to me which he offered to. he is the one who never responded. Of course it's first to come first serve, but I was waiting for him. Its his fault and tbh I dont think that kind of behavior should be accepted here. Especially lying.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
wrote:
[Quote="nicman1233"
I said that I was almost certainly gonna buy it

Well i've heard that before then,poof nothing.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
wrote:
rideonjon wrote:
[Quote="nicman1233"
I said that I was almost certainly gonna buy it

Well i've heard that before then,poof nothing.

I know, but still, I was waiting for him.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
Hey @nicman1233 I'm really sorry that I blew you off and have been ignoring your texts and PB messages. but u need to understand spamming people with a million pink bike messages and texts and not even lightly saying you would take the bike isn't going to help. I ended up selling my dirt jump bike to a good friend and would way rather sell my bike locally than to ship to Ottawa. I'm actually a brand ambassador for Specialized and a few other brands and work at a bike shop in Squamish. so I cant exactly tell you what it cost me to build my bikes.

if u still feel sketchy about this I would gladly put you in contact to all the main guys at pinkbike and we can take further steps.

Cheers and maybe do your homework before making assumptions.

Alex Hinkson

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
nicman1233 wrote:
rideonjon wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:

So it works both ways.

I said that I was almost certainly gonna buy it once he sent the pics to me which he offered to. he is the one who never responded. Of course it's first to come first serve, but I was waiting for him. Its his fault and tbh I dont think that kind of behavior should be accepted here. Especially lying.

Looking at his response, you never asked for it or had it agreed as reserved did you! All in he’s done what other sellers do, I sold a bike about a month ago, got deposit by PayPal goods before I’d agree to take it off sale. All in don’t bag the seller because you wouldn’t commit

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
I said thanks, and that I was pretty certain I was gonna buy it once he sent me the pics after he said he reserved it for me. I guess it's my fault since I didn't show as much interest as I had in it. Anyway, its all settled. This was my first time trying to buy a bike used so at least I know for next time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018908
Mobile Version of Website