Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
Oh well all’s well that ends well

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
It is what it is. If I could go back in time and show even more interest than I did, I would 100%.

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
Finally, after make a claim in Paypal, put a report in the police, and returning the fork to the scammer, Paypal have refunded me.

apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
jordivr wrote:
Beware of the user Williams92. I have been scammed by him.

Last December 21st I have contacted him to buy a Manitou Dorado Expert 27,5" that he had announced in the forum of Buysell. We reached an agreement for the sale of the fork in 300 pounds with postage included (They work in shipping company, he told me). I have sent the payment through Paypal on Decembre 23. After some days, he say me that doesn't found the upper crown, but you don't be affraid, a friend have one and give me it to send to you, he told me. I waited until he told me to send the fork, to get the upper crown from his friend (1 week). Then he tell me that can't pay the postage and can't send the fork until the next week because donesn't have money until next wage, because the fork really interested me and doesn't have anything to not true him, I have agreed with him and wait to him to get next wage to make the shipment. He have sent the package on 14 january, finally I have received today 21 January the packege, but surprise, surprise.. when I have opened the box, inside doesn't have any Manitou dorado, there are inside an old, very old red Marzocchi Bomber.

He doesn't have answered the email I have sent to him asking about this. But it's incredible that this can be a packing error, because he have sent to me pictures of the fork with the wrapping paper in the box and the label with my address before send it. This only can be an act in bad faith, to hold my money and the Manitou Dorado to resell it two times.

I have scaled the claim in Paypal, we will see how it ends.

any news dude?

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
Just seen Scottfr2013 already has verified scammer stamped on his account, guess he tried poking other folks eyes out too Frown
I’ve a PayPal case open with him for some hope brakes that didn’t turn up

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
Seller “GREATPARTSBESTPRICE” sold me a Pivot Bike End of March 2019. Told me he did not have the funds to ship the bike (I did the transaction as PayPal Goods and services). I told him not problem and the bike could be shipped once funds available. Long story short - seller stopped responding on PinkBike and I filed a claim with PayPal. The seller told PayPal “never received the funds,” but PayPal confirmed that the funds were transferred and completed. The claim just finished/final ruling (04/17/2019) because the seller never provided PayPal with the tracking number. Currently in the process waiting for the refund to appear in my account. Be careful with the seller. Not sure if seller is a scammer or just decided not to sell the bike after all, but one thing is they stopped responding once I sent the Payment over PayPal when they were responding every hour at latest.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
A name like GREATPARTSBESTPRICE has scam written all over it

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Trevor-m wrote:
Bought wheels off this guy KesterMcQueen saying the hubs were 110x20 front and 150/157x12 rear which is what I need. He sent them but the rear is 142x12 now won’t give my money back as and I quote already spent it. Luckily I will only pay with PayPal and have informed them.

Is this the ad? It clearly states 142

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2551121/

It has been sorted now thanks to PayPal.
No that wasn’t the add and he has now changed it so it’s got the correct sizes. I didn’t want it to go this far but it seemed the only way to get him to deal with it. Mistakes were made and he has apologised for it.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 4:20 Quote
Trevor-m wrote:
Bought wheels off this guy KesterMcQueen saying the hubs were 110x20 front and 150/157x12 rear which is what I need. He sent them but the rear is 142x12 now won’t give my money back as and I quote already spent it. Luckily I will only pay with PayPal and have informed them.

Is this the ad? It clearly states 142

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2551121/

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
Oops someone edited their comment ????

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
Russyh wrote:
Oops someone edited their comment ????

Exactly what I was thinking

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
This guy listed below is a scammer! He bought my fork https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2508310/ and claimed item not as described because the top of steerer tube got rubbed off during shipping?! Nevertheless, I agreed to provide him full refund once he sends the item back on my own expense. He did not send my fork back, instead he opened the case with PayPal and PayPal being complete ignorant decided to give him his money back and let him keep my fork!! What a loss!!

So, sellers be aware of this guy:

quinner100

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/quinner100/

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
jazmhem wrote:
This guy listed below is a scammer! He bought my fork https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2508310/ and claimed item not as described because the top of steerer tube got rubbed off during shipping?! Nevertheless, I agreed to provide him full refund once he sends the item back on my own expense. He did not send my fork back, instead he opened the case with PayPal and PayPal being complete ignorant decided to give him his money back and let him keep my fork!! What a loss!!

So, sellers be aware of this guy:

quinner100

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/quinner100/

That's not how a paypal refund works at all lol. He'd have to send the fork back and give you a valid tracking number, then paypal would give him his money back once you got it

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
I was hoping that exactly would happen but Nope! He did not send it back. PayPal refunded him. I was told that once the case is opened for item not as described, they can’t force buyer to return the item! Google these type of cases. There are plenty other people ripped off! Warning to sellers!!

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Another paypal scammer / PITA to deal with... paigejapinga

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/paigejapinga/

she bought my bike through paypal, I paid for shipping, claimed there was a scratch causing structural integrity (complete BS) and forced me to refund the bike. She shipped it back with a broken dropper post (assuming she broke the bike trying to assemble it). Going through the process with paypal right now, but just beware...

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
skerby wrote:
Anybody have experience with UPS losing a package?

I bought a frame a few weeks ago shipped from BC Canada to WA state USA. It was scanned into the seattle UPS, scanned out, and then scanned back into that same location a few minutes later. Since then nothing has happened to with my package. I got a hold of a real person from the UPS hotline and they opened an investigation, that was like 5 days ago.

I'm worried that they just lost my f***ing package and are gonna tell me to pound sand, it's amazing to watch one of the worlds largest corporations completely drop the ball. It's not like i will ever be able to boycott these asshats, or do anything about it really.

Update on this one. UPS won't do anything if they lose your package, they will inform the shipper and be done with it.Looks like Im SOL

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024173
Mobile Version of Website