Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 6:08 Quote
klatekin wrote:
SCAMMER ALERT

User name: Boulderstronglive

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Boulderstronglive/album/Buysell/

He listed his RSD Middlechild large Black frame for sale, he has since deleted this listing but you can still see the for sale photo in the link above.
I paid him last Thursday night, June 6th and emailed him a prepaid shipping label that I paid for via BikeFlights, I have sent him several messages inquiring about shipping date but he has gone silent and would not return my messages.

Wow I just posted the same guy. I should have looked here first!!

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
Purchased a $400 Power Meter from username: POWsLAYER several weeks ago and never received item or tracking. Paypal is getting my money back but she doesn't respond to Pinkbike messages or direct email. It's actually rather mystifying why a person does this with such a large online presence and Paypal controlling the situation. I was worried at first something had happened to her but social media shows she's fine - just stealing money from people.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
@klatekin @fallas

Totally sucks!! I can never understand why people do this crap. Anyway, I sure hope you used PayPal goods and services.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
fallas wrote:
klatekin wrote:
SCAMMER ALERT

He listed his RSD Middlechild large Black frame for sale, he has since deleted this listing but you can still see the for sale photo in the link above.
I paid him last Thursday night, June 6th and emailed him a prepaid shipping label that I paid for via BikeFlights, I have sent him several messages inquiring about shipping date but he has gone silent and would not return my messages.

I reported him and that listing multiple times, nothing was done about it, Pinkbike mods don’t care

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 23:07 Quote
klatekin wrote:
fallas wrote:
klatekin wrote:
SCAMMER ALERT

I reported him and that listing multiple times, nothing was done about it, Pinkbike mods don’t care
I posted on boulder's page He ripped me off. You should have done the same so others can read it.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
SKETCHY USER / SCAMMER

Username: verobouchard

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2531877/

User advertised bike as being an "upgraded", recently tuned 2017 commencal meta. Forks are 4-5 years old and bike runs rugged.... pedal broke off while riding as well.

Also, user has another similar commencal up for sale recently which sets off alarm bells. Definitely sketchy considering the reason for selling the meta was that they upgraded to a Norco....so they say...

Beware!! Dishonest Seller!!!

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Username : Alecfhon
PayPal : alecfhon@gmail.com
Name: Alec Fhon Solari

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2565091/

we had a deal to buy his frame but he said he will be in vacation until 6th June 2019 so he asked me to paid a deposit of $100 to hold his frame on 20th May and will ship out after he came back. On 8th June 2019, he said he would stay in Peru for work so he couldn't sell the frame to me and will refund the deposit but up to this moment he still haven't make a REFUND although I sent him tons of messages. He didn't reply my messages since 12th June 2019 although he had read my messages.
Since I paid him with PayPal goods& services and had opened a case, hope that I can get back my money.

Beware dishonest guy! Scammer!!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
Beware of this scammer:

Ron Roberts
16.roberts.r@gmail.com

I bought a wheelset from this scammer and paid thru paypal.
Wheelset never came and emails/text ignored.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
klatekin wrote:

Unfortunately there are only several moderators (if that) who deal with scams on this website.

I quit Pinkbike as a fraud moderator because I was overloaded with too many scam cases, and it was too much to deal with. Let alone having to deal with my personal life.

If you use the 'report user' option, eventually a moderator might catch up with the report eventually, but you have to understand that there are tonnes of reports a day of scammers on this site, and mods have only a limited amount of time to deal with each report.

There should be more moderators on this site to deal with scams, so the site can keep up with banning scammers from the site, but I don't run Pinkbike, so I have no say in the matter.

I had to quit because the pressure on me with dealing with scams was too intense, and I couldn't keep up with all of the scam reports as I was overloaded with reports and cases to deal with.

I'm sure the admins of the site appreciate your reports of fraudsters, and will deal with them eventually. Don't stop reporting them, as they will be dealt with eventually. And last but no least, just remember to pay with Paypal's Goods and Services.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
And last but no least, just remember to pay with Paypal's Goods and Services.

Sage advice right there.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
Sound advice from Kinny right there among bitter experience...

Good man for being transparent re: PB and lack of pro action on these kind of matters.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
Nvm it's been sorted out. This post can be deleted.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012625
Mobile Version of Website