Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
Or maybe everyone flaming PB is a new user who forgot the days when it was just some bros from the BC area who were way ahead of their times in deciding to create Pinkbike (hint: it hasn't really changed besides the user base and popularity).

A few things:
1. PB was born in Calgary Alberta, not BC.
2. Pinkbike has changed tremendously since Radek first started it.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 1:07 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
Or maybe everyone flaming PB is a new user who forgot the days when it was just some bros from the BC area who were way ahead of their times in deciding to create Pinkbike (hint: it hasn't really changed besides the user base and popularity).

A few things:

Lol you just owned him at everything he said.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 3:47 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:

A few things:

bruh moment

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:

A few things:

Actually he didn't at all. He proved I was blatantly wrong about who started PB. Regarding how much PB has changed, what I meant was the purpose of PB hasn't changed. Has the interface changed? Obviously.

The underlying message was to be a bit more appreciative, as we all should be in life in general. But I guess that's not the purpose of the internet - we've all got to flame the guy who tries to encourage appreciation.

Anyways, that'll be my last post on this topic. It's not what this forum is for (i'm sure you guys do want more internet drama, try youtube comments or something). So let me be "owned" all you want by my lack of replying.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
Hey guys watch out for this guy and ad:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2650329/
he's listing the bike as "practically brand new and in great condition" but it is in horrible condition, i've seen it in person. he's claiming it "just needs a wash" but the frame is covered in chips and scratches. Ridden extensively without any sort of servicing whatsoever. i know this guy personally and he is a pathological liar, has screwed over tons of people, thankfully not myself, and he won't hesitate to do the same with this sale. i've flagged the ad for removal because its just simply untrue.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 17:16 Quote
Yeah, buyer beware. At least potential buyers will have a chance to view it in person. I noticed a new account also.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Yeah, buyer beware. At least potential buyers will have a chance to view it in person. I noticed a new account also.

its also listed as a CC but is not.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 4:26 Quote
Guys name is Brandon Cole 773 666 9915 didn't contact me through inbox. Txted me sent me check for 2426.60. Frame was only $1300 ...he was going to arrange shipping ....kinda thought it was scammy but hoped the best in people.... Went to bank had them check was a fake check from eye associated surgery center Inc. Just be aware

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
New account, not his pic, selling very low.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2656451/

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 5:26 Quote
Some people relly like to scam
Fellow bikers
Were not fools, were just careful on dealing people

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
Ausatz wrote:
Username: Benjschrock
Link: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Benjschrock/

I bought a 2017 Rocky Mountain Slayer from him. Nice guy, decent bike.
There was a small impact mark on the downtube, covered by a downtube protector. I asked him about it, he said it was x-rayed by a bike shop and there was no damage to the carbon. I bought the bike and began suspecting that might not be the case. After removing the downtube protector and sanding down the paint, there was a significant crack through the carbon, and the frame needed to be repaired. I got a good deal and I am handy so I am not that upset, but if someone else were not as thorough, they could have been hurt.

Not here to complain, just letting you know Benjschrock seems to be flipping bikes and not being entirely truthful about them so maybe double check some things if you're going to buy a bike from him. He also claimed it was his brothers bike and that's why he didn't know much about it but its all just made up stories. Hope he is more truthful in the future! Nice guy, and all used bike sales come with some uncertainty so always take that into account.

Wondering when that would come up... wasn't the insanely low price a warning flag? Interesting to know there was actually a bike, I suppose the other question is if it was his to begin with...

I mean, again I suspected there was damage when I purchased the bike so I am not that upset about the purchase price, mostly upset with the seller for lying about the product, and potentially putting someone in danger who was not as thorough as I am. If you do your research, beware of sellers making up stories to move a bike.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
Hi Dont know if its a scam but I was talking with seankr about buying a 2015 venge. It was well below market value. He wouldnt do paypal and only cashapp. Too good to be true and no paypal. Again dont know if its a scam but...

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
dprofis wrote:
Hi Dont know if its a scam but I was talking with seankr about buying a 2015 venge. It was well below market value. He wouldnt do paypal and only cashapp. Too good to be true and no paypal. Again dont know if its a scam but...

In the world of today of you can't meet for a cash deal it's either PayPal or GTFO

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
PayPal isn't totally safe my friend...if the buyer knows what they're doing and sellers aren't totally protecting themselves, I'm willing to bet 80% of frequent sellers could get got by a savvy buyer/scammer via PayPal.

Happened to me...go back a few pages if you want to see my post.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
Can you mark someone as a potential scammer for me?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011019
Mobile Version of Website