Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
Ausatz wrote:
Username: Benjschrock
Link: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Benjschrock/

I bought a 2017 Rocky Mountain Slayer from him. Nice guy, decent bike.
There was a small impact mark on the downtube, covered by a downtube protector. I asked him about it, he said it was x-rayed by a bike shop and there was no damage to the carbon. I bought the bike and began suspecting that might not be the case. After removing the downtube protector and sanding down the paint, there was a significant crack through the carbon, and the frame needed to be repaired. I got a good deal and I am handy so I am not that upset, but if someone else were not as thorough, they could have been hurt.

Not here to complain, just letting you know Benjschrock seems to be flipping bikes and not being entirely truthful about them so maybe double check some things if you're going to buy a bike from him. He also claimed it was his brothers bike and that's why he didn't know much about it but its all just made up stories. Hope he is more truthful in the future! Nice guy, and all used bike sales come with some uncertainty so always take that into account.

Wondering when that would come up... wasn't the insanely low price a warning flag? Interesting to know there was actually a bike, I suppose the other question is if it was his to begin with...

I mean, again I suspected there was damage when I purchased the bike so I am not that upset about the purchase price, mostly upset with the seller for lying about the product, and potentially putting someone in danger who was not as thorough as I am. If you do your research, beware of sellers making up stories to move a bike.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
Hi Dont know if its a scam but I was talking with seankr about buying a 2015 venge. It was well below market value. He wouldnt do paypal and only cashapp. Too good to be true and no paypal. Again dont know if its a scam but...

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
dprofis wrote:
Hi Dont know if its a scam but I was talking with seankr about buying a 2015 venge. It was well below market value. He wouldnt do paypal and only cashapp. Too good to be true and no paypal. Again dont know if its a scam but...

In the world of today of you can't meet for a cash deal it's either PayPal or GTFO

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
PayPal isn't totally safe my friend...if the buyer knows what they're doing and sellers aren't totally protecting themselves, I'm willing to bet 80% of frequent sellers could get got by a savvy buyer/scammer via PayPal.

Happened to me...go back a few pages if you want to see my post.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
Can you mark someone as a potential scammer for me?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
His username is "ORhvac". I bought a shock from him, and it is totally blown, and destroyed. Even though he stated in the add that it was "brand new"

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Can you mark someone as a potential scammer for me?
Who? What? Mods can help and watch the thread to the extent they can, but info needs to be provided... e.g. user "x" sold bike "y" to me for "z" amount in "such and such" condition, but the frame was cracked.
*Edit* Nvm your second post is better Smile

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
Thank you for that. And hi mtbikeaddict. I just talked to you. I am the one with the purple intense tracer that i am selling

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
The one that is blown is the one that is on the tracer I am selling. I took it to fluid focus, and they made it brand new like it was meant to be. It looked brand new when I received it, but it was blown, and the rebound was broken.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Thank you for that. And hi mtbikeaddict. I just talked to you. I am the one with the purple intense tracer that i am selling
Yup. Smile Hi. Smile Happy to help. Partially wanted to make sure you weren't thinking I was a scammer somehow. lol PS I edited my first post, I posted that before you made the followup, so... it's all good. Feel free to ignore it. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:06 Quote
Ok cool. I hope you find that specialized enduro you have been looking for

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:33 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Ok cool. I hope you find that specialized enduro you have been looking for
Oh thanks! I actually found an Enduro I've got my eye on right now, so fingers crossed, but at this point I'll honestly take pretty much anything. But, thanks! Anyways, back to topic. Redface

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
Ok, ya. What am I supposed to do about it?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
I want him to be punished in some way, as the amount if money I spent total is enough to buy me a brand new one

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
Can he be flagged as a scammer?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010863
Mobile Version of Website