Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
rossi45 wrote:
I got the same thing. PB deleted before I got a chance to see the mail. Only problem I have now is there's a hanging '1 unread message' in my inbox that won't go away, even though the email is gone...
Same thing for my account.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
Yeah me too. Thought it was my winning personality. Oh well.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
rossi45 wrote:
I got the same thing. PB deleted before I got a chance to see the mail. Only problem I have now is there's a hanging '1 unread message' in my inbox that won't go away, even though the email is gone...

Me too. Wonder how we can get rid of it? Moderators?

Edit: Woo-hoo...it went away. Thank you mods.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Can you mark someone as a potential scammer for me?

Any time I have been curious, I have written a moderator, who can check into people's accounts.

You can be ripped of any way. As a seller on PayPal, and as a buyer. I know a guy who sold a bike for $4000 years ago, across the boarder to a guy in Las Vegas. When it arrived, he files a complaint with PayPal because their was duty (duh!) And they back charged my friend the $4000 and he never got his bike back. So if you ask me, PayPal is part of the problem. They do not have your back.

Many people will rip you off person to person too, if you aren't careful.

Your best bet is buy from a Pinkbiker with a presence, and a good history of selling things. I wish Pinkbike has a feedback system for sellers/buyers. They should. Get people's phone numbers and talk the them, addresses, etc. You can never be too safe!

Posted: Nov 3, 2019 at 21:43 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
20060713 wrote:
Can you mark someone as a potential scammer for me?

Any time I have been curious, I have written a moderator, who can check into people's accounts.

You can be ripped of any way. As a seller on PayPal, and as a buyer. I know a guy who sold a bike for $4000 years ago, across the boarder to a guy in Las Vegas. When it arrived, he files a complaint with PayPal because their was duty (duh!) And they back charged my friend the $4000 and he never got his bike back. So if you ask me, PayPal is part of the problem. They do not have your back.

Many people will rip you off person to person too, if you aren't careful.

Your best bet is buy from a Pinkbiker with a presence, and a good history of selling things. I wish Pinkbike has a feedback system for sellers/buyers. They should. Get people's phone numbers and talk the them, addresses, etc. You can never be too safe!

Agree on this. It's sad to see so many people trying to scam other people. Paypal only supports you half, so better make sure you dealing with a reputable PB user.

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
I was scammed by user Suttdog24 for the set of X fusion forks he is selling, Paypal'd him the money for the forks which he never sent and ignored my private messages.
link to the ad- https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2645353/

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
elliottglynn wrote:
I was scammed by user Suttdog24 for the set of X fusion forks he is selling, Paypal'd him the money for the forks which he never sent and ignored my private messages.
link to the ad- https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2645353/

Did you pay friends & family?

If not you can report to paypal & get your $ back.

Just a little FYI it's better to offer to pay an additional 3% to cover the paypal fee's than do friends & family. If the seller still insists even if you offer to pay the paypal fee it's most likely a scamming pos.

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
Me too
*Nelly505

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
User name; brad3154

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2670246/

I don't know if I'm being scammed. But I know I don't have the bike, tracking# or a refund and it's been 10 days since I paid. (paypal dispute in process)

I originally messaged this guy because the photo made the fork look like it might be scratched down the side and I wondered about the stanchion. He replied very kindly, said there was a little scratch on a sticker, and the rest of it was dirt/reflection. So I texted him 10-31 right before Halloween starts to ask if his price included shipping and if he took paypal, he said "I'll meet in the middle at 2450.00 shipped and do accept PayPal", verbatim. 50 bucks over his price. I sent him 2450, asked him to confirm the payment which he did. He said ship tomorrow, 11-1 and I asked for a tracking # which he said he'd send. So, 11-1 no word. I was pretty busy and didn't think about it till late in the evening. No text, no reply/tracking# in Paypal, I look in PB no message. I see that the bike is still for sale. So I start getting concerned, he looks to sell a lot of bikes, like his kids race? BUT I started to wonder if that was him posting ads over and over, or what?? IDK. So to hedge my bets I have my brother set up a PB account and contact the guy that night to see what's going on. Morning of 11-2 he replies to my brother 2560.00. (at this point he's already had my money for 2 days) SO, at first my brother was going to start texting him and try to dig a hole for the guy telling him he'd give him a bonus to ship that afternoon, etc. Just to see what he'd do. BUT, I restrained my brother and gave the seller the benefit of the doubt and just texted him for an update. So this is getting long and I'll try to wrap this up. He replied that he wanted PP fee's. I said we agreed on 2450, no fee's were mentioned. He said send 60 bucks or no ship. I said refund. He said he'd refund but withhold money for his "time and effort". I said OK and we'll let PP figure it out if I owe him for "time and effort". Whatever.

SO no refund that day, I opened PP dispute. No refund. I reply to PP dispute. No refund. 11-7 I was able to escalate the dispute to PP. Still no refund, no contact. I go check PinkBike last night and the bike is still for sale, despite him having my money for over a week and no further contact. So I went to post a warning on his photo's and it wouldn't let me. So I used my brother's account, (now my nephews account cause he actually rides), to post a PSA on the photo's in his Ad. (I didn't know this thread existed or I would have posted here last weekend) His deal is he says I owe him PP fee's. And you know I almost paid them. And it would be different if he would have texted me 10-31 or 11-1 and brought it up. But he just waited for me to ask about the tracking number while he tried to sell the bike for more money and acts like I'm cheating him. His ad doesn't mention fee's, he never mentioned them prior to 11-2.

Today, 11-9 he texts me and says he's shipping the bike, but no tracking number. But also a bunch of BS on how I didn't pay my fees and more personal attacks and he said he didn't have to do anything till the 18th when PayPal expects his response. So I tried to confirm that he's shipping the bike. Because he's already said that once, then he said he was giving a partial refund and now he says he's shipping the bike again..? So I don't know what to think. But I can't say I have any trust in the guy. I'd rather have the refund, even the partial refund cause I don't trust the bike he's sending me. "IF" he's actually sending it...? I think I will probably take it down to the shop and pay to have the bike looked over. And I'll have a hard time ever trusting it after all the stuff this guy has said... I'm sure it would have been cheaper overall and easier to pay the extra 60 bucks. It's just BS and it makes me wonder if he's pulled this crap before. Wait till he has the money and THEN bring up fee's.

Sorry this is so long. Pry nobody will read it now which defeats the purpose. LOL Smile

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
Man, what a Jerk..I doubt If you did pay the $60.00 it would have not made a difference in him shipping the bike, I could be wrong. To me as per your post, yep, I actually read the complete post, he's looking to trying to keep your hard earned money..or at least some of it. Not all sellers are crooks, I've bought several items, although no bikes from PB, and got some great deals, some not so great, but overall I'm happy.

I really hope paypal gets your $$$$ back for you. If possible, keep us posted on the outcome..Good Luck.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 17:23 Quote
I will update, hopefully Paypal will come through in the end. Just that it looks like it might take till December for their decision. But we'll see, fingers crossed!

EDIT; Shocker; he didn't ship it yet...

Today I get a text that says my zip code isn't working? that it's showing incorrect on Bikeflights. At first I wasn't going to respond cause I looked at the address in the text and it's correct and he has my verified info from PP so there's no way it wouldn't work? BUT, then I thought maybe he was just trying to have something in our text thread that he could show PayPal as an excuse... So I set up a ship in Bikeflights and verify it worked fine and text him back, etc.

Also told him to feel free to send that refund he promised if shipping is to hard to figure out! Smile

On the brighter side, I'm back to looking for new wheels and a couple lighter parts to throw on that chubby sucker! Just a bummer that I don't want to order much until it's actually here, built and checked...

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
I'm right here not hiding, the only problem i've had on pinkbike is this guy that has multiple personalities on here, also tredz and obviously loves to spend his day hunting confrontation. I received payment the evening of oct 31 and said i would try to get it out friday nov 1 he opened a paypal claim on nov 2 on a saturday so at that point i'm on a paypal time line for the dispute which i've dealt with paypal in there timeline and shipped the bike even though he stiffed me the paypal fees. UPS tracking no 1z37x1310313360343. Some people need to get outside and live life.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
Stiingya, it looks like your pro pen is fixed

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
Dilanb03
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2677290/
Have messages as well

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 22:10 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Stiingya, it looks like your pro pen is fixed
I assume that was "problem". Smile

LOL, I have a Wacom Pen out being fixed cause I pulled it apart on accident and lost something and broke a solder point, etc.

anyway, when I saw your post I was really confused why I was getting that message here...

but for sure things are better than they were!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020310
Mobile Version of Website