Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
In all the years I have rode a bike I have never seen silicone on an axle lol

Yeah pretty sure its supposed to be greased, not friction-ed....

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
One touch on treads not the smooth shaft that is greased.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
They make this shit called loctite it works great

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
Do you think the the axle on your Giant coming unthreaded because the handle might be hitting trail side obstacles or are the vibrations from riding just rattling the thru-axle loose?

Loctite is a pretty good idea, but I've had better luck with loose bolts using Silicone RTV sealant (avail at auto part stores). The advantage to using the sealant instead of Loctite is that it remains soft and pliable and prevents the bolt (in your case, thru-axle) from rattling loose. It is also easy to remove the bolt, if you need to repair a flat, and the sealant will be just as effective when you reinstall the bolt. With Loctite you get a more brittle adhesion which tough to break loose when you need it, especially on large 12mm bolts.

We produce a bolt-on axle specifically to replace those that have levers on them like those that come on Giant bikes. Those levers have a habit of finding rocks at a really bad time.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
brad3154 wrote:
Do you think the the axle on your Giant coming unthreaded because the handle might be hitting trail side obstacles or are the vibrations from riding just rattling the thru-axle loose?

Loctite is a pretty good idea, but I've had better luck with loose bolts using Silicone RTV sealant (avail at auto part stores). The advantage to using the sealant instead of Loctite is that it remains soft and pliable and prevents the bolt (in your case, thru-axle) from rattling loose. It is also easy to remove the bolt, if you need to repair a flat, and the sealant will be just as effective when you reinstall the bolt. With Loctite you get a more brittle adhesion which tough to break loose when you need it, especially on large 12mm bolts.

We produce a bolt-on axle specifically to replace those that have levers on them like those that come on Giant bikes. Those levers have a habit of finding rocks at a really bad time.

I disagree re: loctite..If you use the Blue loctite, nuts and or bolts are pretty easy to remove, and it's not as messy as silicone. Never ever use the Red loctite.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
I have used the red loctite in an industrial setting for work and you need a torch to heat up the metal and a torque gun to loose the bitch

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
Username Link: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Shredhill159/

Link to Album showing original ad as well as damage: https://imgur.com/a/qIvuCye

Reason for Reporting:

Shredhill159 listed bike as "nothing is damaged" - "5 months old" - "normal wear". Bike arrived with abnormally high amount of damage including: dented + scratched frame, punctured tire sidewalls, dented rims, damaged seat dropper lever, and many more scratches and scrapes over every component of the bike.

Seller refused to take the bike bike or refund. I asked to replace the rims and tires at minimum. Seller has stopped returning any texts or calls.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
niceandblue wrote:
Username Link: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Shredhill159/

Link to Album showing original ad as well as damage: https://imgur.com/a/qIvuCye

Reason for Reporting:

Shredhill159 listed bike as "nothing is damaged" - "5 months old" - "normal wear". Bike arrived with abnormally high amount of damage including: dented + scratched frame, punctured tire sidewalls, dented rims, damaged seat dropper lever, and many more scratches and scrapes over every component of the bike.

Seller refused to take the bike bike or refund. I asked to replace the rims and tires at minimum. Seller has stopped returning any texts or calls.

Did you pay with PayPal good and service?

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

I paid with Venmo unfortunately. I filed a claim with them 2 days after I received the bike and contacting the seller, but they said that there's nothing they can do. My fault for not using Paypal

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
niceandblue wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

I paid with Venmo unfortunately. I filed a claim with them 2 days after I received the bike and contacting the seller, but they said that there's nothing they can do. My fault for not using Paypal

Shitty

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
Don’t buy anything from telewacker. He ripped me off on a monster t. This thing doesn’t remotely meet his near perfect description. It’s beat to absolute hell, dented and scratched stanchions, squirting oil with every cycle. Dudes lucky he’s so far away.

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 14:58 Quote
Don’t buy anything from telewacker. He ripped me off on a monster t. This thing doesn’t remotely meet his near perfect description. It’s beat to absolute hell, dented and scratched stanchions, squirting oil with every cycle. Dudes lucky he’s so far away.

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
How did you pay?

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
Hello all. I have the feeling that I have been scammed. I bought a wheelset from “betterthanyourlbs” one week ago. Ever since I sent payment (with PayPal purchase protection) all communication has stopped. The listing was changed to sold so I have some hope that it is just an irresponsible seller. How long would you all wait before filing a claim. The link to the wheelset is:

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2661003/

Thank you.

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 22:16 Quote
Laackwisc wrote:
Hello all. I have the feeling that I have been scammed. I bought a wheelset from “betterthanyourlbs” one week ago. Ever since I sent payment (with PayPal purchase protection) all communication has stopped. The listing was changed to sold so I have some hope that it is just an irresponsible seller. How long would you all wait before filing a claim. The link to the wheelset is:

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2661003/

Thank you.

Hi, they’ve probably been away for new year etc, I’d give them until Friday and if no response/ delivery then file a dispute. The history and the way they describe the goods seems pretty legitimate so it’s probably just a holiday thing.

Salute
Rat

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010732
Mobile Version of Website