Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Author Message
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
There's a paypal claim still going on this still today so my money is still frozen under review is the reason its not sold until im paid.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
brad3154 wrote:
There's a paypal claim still going on this still today so my money is still frozen under review is the reason its not sold until im paid.

if anything id keep your post on pinkbike so that you dont look suspicious. the fact that you deleted it doesnt look good at all.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
Stingya that's exactly how those bikes come packaged from transition, the damage to the top of the box is pretty indicative of rough handling. Take it to your lbs get them to go through it. You seem to have no f*cking clue how these things go together literally nothing you've complained about makes the seller dodgy or a scammer, if anything you're proving that you aren't worth doing business with.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 18:54 Quote
Good news and bad news. Tonight I finally got to ride my "new to me" Sentinel. Was cold and dark out there!! Smile F'K I hate the end of daylight savings... (got it back last nite, but no time to ride...) Nice bike, missed the adjustability of the X2 that was on the demo I've been renting. But will open up the DHX and see what the spacer situation is. Other than the tires having a million pounds of pressure in them from the shop and my pressure gauge not working anymore to know how much air to let out, the bike ran very well...

Bad News. My claim was denied by PayPal so I get to eat the $190.00 bucks for parts and labor. All the pictures, the video, receipts, all our texts, posts, the PB ad, etc. And PayPal said, "insufficient information/documentation"...? Smile

So I know some of you blame me for getting a non ridable bike, or think I broke it when it got here, etc. Which lets face it, is a scary thought if you are the seller. But as the buyer it seemed either negligent and or fishy how the hub was in parts, the axle was stuck, and the brakes were shot on a bike that was; "in great shape", just rode with the kids.

Life goes on. but a word to the wise. If you get something that is damaged I wouldn't waste time going through paypal. If it wasn't for the negative interaction I had with the seller prior and already opening a dispute when he was supposed to do a partial refund I'd have probably just reported the issue to UPS right away. But I'm sure I've missed that boat.

Took vice grips to get this thing out. The mechanic thought maybe it was silicone used to silence something? But no idea for sure other than it was friggen stuck! After he took a brush and cleaner to the axle and drop outs, checked it was not bent by rolling it on a steel table, he got it working as intended. So that and servicing the hub, brakes and a tune up and all seems good...


Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Stingya that's exactly how those bikes come packaged from transition, the damage to the top of the box is pretty indicative of rough handling. Take it to your lbs get them to go through it. You seem to have no f*cking clue how these things go together literally nothing you've complained about makes the seller dodgy or a scammer, if anything you're proving that you aren't worth doing business with.

Admittedly I've never seen how a bike comes from Transition. (however the the derailleur hanger that came from Transition was in an oversized bubble mailer, rolled like a newspaper and that was in a box with those bigger air bags inside like Amazon uses to keep it from moving inside the box) And every bike, frame, and wheel(s) I have ordered in the mail was either padded and/or "stabilized" so it wouldn't bounce around inside and so there was airspace around the wheels. That goes for new or used even if they had to use old rags, smaller boxes and newspaper to pack it.

A dude holding your money and refusing to ship the bike unless you pay him more money is the definition of dodgy... but feel free to buy from him and good luck!

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
Funny thing in your video / book you've posted over a broken derailleur hanger, the hub was working perfectly normal what can be serviced ? was it conical or cartridge bearings ? Sram codes was under warranty by date of manufacture so what was the problem? more of you finding something to cry about. And as far as wanting more money i gave you a firm price and you stuck me with paypal fees and when i asked you to pay them you ranted about extortion and filed paypal claims which you lost by the way. Why don't you shut your mouth I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear anymore of your crying.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
brad3154 wrote:
Funny thing in your video / book you've posted over a broken derailleur hanger, the hub was working perfectly normal what can be serviced ? was it conical or cartridge bearings ? Sram codes was under warranty by date of manufacture so what was the problem? more of you finding something to cry about. And as far as wanting more money i gave you a firm price and you stuck me with paypal fees and when i asked you to pay them you ranted about extortion and filed paypal claims which you lost by the way. Why don't you shut your mouth I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear anymore of your crying.

The funny thing to me is I was actually kind of lucky the derailleur hanger broke. Because other wise I would have been out on the trail riding somewhere when I would have noticed a strange sound in the rear hub, or maybe the bike would have just started shifting funny and I would have discovered the rear hub was "somehow" not put together correctly and sliding around in the dropout.

And since I don't carry VICE GRIPS in my camel back I wouldn't have been able to pull the rear axle out because it "somehow" got siliconeed in there. So I'd be stuck out on the trail and either have to walk back, or keep riding a messed up bike?

So lucky 'break" after all. (get it, cause the hanger broke)

I'm starting to wonder if you just have memory issues and really "think" you told me about how it was my responsibility to pay for your paypal fees when I asked if your price included shipping??? Hmm. That would explain why you were still trying to sell the bike after you already had my money...?

Good talking with you as always.

[edit]
I guess you do have memory issues... didn't bother mentioning you made the head tube STEEPER?


Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 4:10 Quote
The funny thing to me is I was actually kind of lucky the derailleur hanger broke. Because other wise I would have been out on the trail riding somewhere when I would have noticed a strange sound in the rear hub, or maybe the bike would have just started shifting funny and I would have discovered the rear hub was "somehow" not put together correctly and sliding around in the dropout.

And since I don't carry VICE GRIPS in my camel back I wouldn't have been able to pull the rear axle out because it "somehow" got siliconeed in there. So I'd be stuck out on the trail and either have to walk back, or keep riding a messed up bike?

So lucky 'break" after all. (get it, cause the hanger broke)

I'm starting to wonder if you just have memory issues and really "think" you told me about how it was my responsibility to pay for your paypal fees when I asked if your price included shipping??? Hmm. That would explain why you were still trying to sell the bike after you already had my money...?

Good talking with you as always.

[edit]
I guess you do have memory issues... didn't bother mentioning you made the head tube STEEPER?

You would be the only person that would complain about receiving a $150 cane creek angleset on a used bike it will go 1 degree steeper and up to 1 1/2 slacker it would hardly call that a scam! ( three bolts and turn a cup) As far as silicone on the axle most pro teams / a lot of experienced riders do this because non clamping axles will definitely work loose. Now shut up unless you can come up with a scam! BTW if you comment on things daily and you've been a member since 2005 and only have 2 followers maybe no one wants to hear your opinion! Guess you figured that out that's why you started a new identity on here tredz a beginner rider, so people would respond to you and try to help you. Get a friend.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
In all the years I have rode a bike I have never seen silicone on an axle lol

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
In all the years I have rode a bike I have never seen silicone on an axle lol

Yeah pretty sure its supposed to be greased, not friction-ed....

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
One touch on treads not the smooth shaft that is greased.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
They make this shit called loctite it works great

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
Do you think the the axle on your Giant coming unthreaded because the handle might be hitting trail side obstacles or are the vibrations from riding just rattling the thru-axle loose?

Loctite is a pretty good idea, but I've had better luck with loose bolts using Silicone RTV sealant (avail at auto part stores). The advantage to using the sealant instead of Loctite is that it remains soft and pliable and prevents the bolt (in your case, thru-axle) from rattling loose. It is also easy to remove the bolt, if you need to repair a flat, and the sealant will be just as effective when you reinstall the bolt. With Loctite you get a more brittle adhesion which tough to break loose when you need it, especially on large 12mm bolts.

We produce a bolt-on axle specifically to replace those that have levers on them like those that come on Giant bikes. Those levers have a habit of finding rocks at a really bad time.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
brad3154 wrote:
Do you think the the axle on your Giant coming unthreaded because the handle might be hitting trail side obstacles or are the vibrations from riding just rattling the thru-axle loose?

Loctite is a pretty good idea, but I've had better luck with loose bolts using Silicone RTV sealant (avail at auto part stores). The advantage to using the sealant instead of Loctite is that it remains soft and pliable and prevents the bolt (in your case, thru-axle) from rattling loose. It is also easy to remove the bolt, if you need to repair a flat, and the sealant will be just as effective when you reinstall the bolt. With Loctite you get a more brittle adhesion which tough to break loose when you need it, especially on large 12mm bolts.

We produce a bolt-on axle specifically to replace those that have levers on them like those that come on Giant bikes. Those levers have a habit of finding rocks at a really bad time.

I disagree re: loctite..If you use the Blue loctite, nuts and or bolts are pretty easy to remove, and it's not as messy as silicone. Never ever use the Red loctite.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006901
Mobile Version of Website