Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
leerocks wrote:

Yeah, hes trying to sell the wheels that are in my basement...

My god

So you run a bike shop and you think its funny that he got ripped off? You suck harder than having a bike shop in toronto. Hard to be more of a loser than opening a shop in TO. Congrats you topped it. Fkn punter

Woah you are completely mis interpreting my comment. I mean my god in reference to the scammer continuing to try to scam.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
I know. I saw how and what you meant. But some people do not use there brains

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
20060713 wrote:
I know. I saw how and what you meant. But some people do not use there brains

As long as you understand that's all that matters in this case.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
I know, how about everyone forgives each other, and we end this convocation

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 15:08 Quote
I do agree that it's kinda funny how I have the wheels he's trying to sell haha. No hard feelings to anyone here except that tool with my bike..

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 19:54 Quote
Avoid Bymybikeframe ... I got my money back from PayPal, but this member didn't ship the frame that I ordered for like a month. I don't know if she's lying or her technological illiteracy is that severe, but receiving money through PayPal, transferring that money to one's account, and ordering a shipping label shouldn't take an eternity. I had to do follow ups constantly and only got lame excuses. Save yourself some headaches, this one's a hard pass.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
Hey guys,
I have got some mixed feelings here about user C-Povey.
I bought the atlas pedals from him over a month ago and I haven't seen them yet. Although he provided me proof of postage Royal Mail said they don't find anything under given reference number which he gave me. So it seems a little fishy.+ he is still having the add online for the pedals. Of course I paid via PayPal,should I just request the money back?
Thanks in advance

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 4:11 Quote
Dat-PandaDH wrote:
Hey guys,
I bought the atlas pedals from him over a month ago and I haven't seen them yet. Although he provided me proof of postage Royal Mail said they don't find anything under given reference number which he gave me. So it seems a little fishy.+ he is still having the add online for the pedals. Of course I paid via PayPal,should I just request the money back?
Thanks in advance

Yeah get the money back, sounds like a scam if RM don't recognise the number, saying that these were advertised nearly a year ago for sale so he could have not marked them as sold, either way file the claim

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 1:56 Quote
Dat-PandaDH wrote:
Hey guys,
Thanks in advance
Yep a scam for sure.
Had about 5-6 of times, people try this. A couple of times, Royal mail delivered my items to the neighbors. Good thing i have good neighbors ...
Check , it might be also like this.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
Hey leerocks,

Since I still don't have payment for the wheels I shipped to you, I popped into the bad sellers thread to see if anyone had reported you and I'm surprised to see you posting about some other set of wheels?

Anyway, let this serve as a public reminder: you've had my wheels for months -- a very nice set of nukeproof generator / dt swiss 240, but I do not have payment from you for those wheels.

For now, since you are apparently pretty active on pinkbike, I'll assume that this an honest mixup with paypal and your bank and not a scam.

Please show some maturity and sort out whatever the payment issue was with your bank and paypal and get me my money.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
SirChomps-a-Lot wrote:
Hey leerocks,

Since I still don't have payment for the wheels I shipped to you, I popped into the bad sellers thread to see if anyone had reported you and I'm surprised to see you posting about some other set of wheels?

Anyway, let this serve as a public reminder: you've had my wheels for months -- a very nice set of nukeproof generator / dt swiss 240, but I do not have payment from you for those wheels.

For now, since you are apparently pretty active on pinkbike, I'll assume that this an honest mixup with paypal and your bank and not a scam.

Please show some maturity and sort out whatever the payment issue was with your bank and paypal and get me my money.

Thanks!

leerocks wrote:
Dirtjunky666

Was going to trade my dj for his spank and hope pro 4 wheelset, ended up getting a 24" atomlab wheelset with broken spokes, no hub internals, and simply not what was discussed!
Bruh

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
Yeah, I think leerocks is referring to a different transaction there. The wheels I sold him were 26" dt swiss 240 to nukeproof generator, not 24" atomlab. And I didn't trade him for my wheels, I just sold them to him.

He used paypal to pay me, I shipped the wheels when he submitted the paypal payment, but the paypal payment got marked "canceled" once the wheels were already in the mail. I called paypal and they said that a payer can't mark a payment "canceled" so something must have gone wrong with the bank. Paypal said he has to sort it out on his end.

I figured it was most likely an honest mixup and not a scam. But that was two months ago! I've been pestering him on the pinkbike chat. He apparently ignored the last message so that's when I started to get irate.

I still think it's likely that he's not trying to scam me but just can't be bothered spending an hour on hold on the phone with paypal and his bank to sort this out.

Anyway even if he's not a scammer, scammers aren't the only kind of bad seller. Or I guess bad buyer in this case.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
Hey sirchomps-a-lot,

Yes, I was scammed on a different wheelset, not referring to yours! I've been in discussion with both my bank and paypal, after paypal wanted info from my bank, and my bank wanted info from paypal. I'll send you a dm with all the info I've got!

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
Dat-PandaDH wrote:
Hey guys,
Thanks in advance

Paypal claims are usually authorised within 45 days of payment to get a refund/raise a dispute, so you may be out of luck if it was over 45 days ago.

Good luck with your dispute and I hope you get your money back.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 21:41 Quote
PJWilliamsMTB69 wrote:
I am posting from a separate account to remain anonymous. I kind of have a reverse situation but with a buyer. So here goes it. This buyer bought my 2019 Evil. It had carbon rims on it. One of them was new. This guy bought my bike for a scoring deal over 60% off. I felt bad for selling it so cheap but I was strapped for cash. This guy receives the bike on a wednesday and doesn't say anything until a monday. On monday he tells me one of the rims is broken. I told him I'm sorry and that lets work this out since it must've been damaged in shipping. So this guy works it out with bike flights but it was only insured to $100. As I was waiting more issues popped up like the frame being cracked and the other wheel being cracked... I had photos that I sent the buyer before it was shipped. Nothing and I mean NOTHING was damaged or cracked the buyer must've ridden the bike because he sent photos of substantial damage to the whole bike. well the buyer decides to contact PayPal and PayPal makes my account negative! So I escalated the claim. and now here we are waiting for the paypal res. This buyer was totally trying to scam me
PJWilliamsMTB69 wrote:
Sosburn, I originally thought of that but he sent photos of the damaged wheel. He even sent photos of it on his truck assuming that he is taking it out for a rip. I don't want him to return a bike to me that he already rode and most likely destroyed. it was sent in great condition and packaged really good, so I don't understand why he would do this. it looks like he intentionally cracked both wheels and the rear one was brand new!!! He also wanted my original receipt so he could warranty anything and this was prior to him buying the bike. after he filed with the shipping company he didn't really have an argument since the box was in perfect condition. I'm going to fight him with this and he doesn't have any evidence.

Ok so update on this. I gave my buyer some money to basically stfu and keep the bike. PayPal ended up siding with the buyer(as usual) but I didn't want to go through the hassle of re building the bike. The buyer even posted photos of him riding the bike on strava so it was obviously fine enough for him to ride. Never again will I use PayPal it is complete bullshit with their whole process. I even proved to them that he was riding the bike and they didn't care. He didn't want to send the bike back, but he was going to if I didn't do a partial refund. Anyways f*ck that guy he's gonna get some karma, I even spoke to his LBS and told them about the warranty thing he's trying to pull Wink f*ck PayPal too. I would expose him but he didn't use his pinkbike account to reach out to me he directly called me. It seems like he had a plan to send just the wheels back though since he did 2 payments for the bike. And he did the bigger payment for the wheels.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013576
Mobile Version of Website