Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
Paid for a set of wheels from: BetterThanYourLBS and never recieved them. They initially printed out a shipping label, but never dropped them off. After a week, I was able to get ahold of them, and they said they mistakenly shipped to the wrong person that had bought a frame from them. They said they were going to work it out. Haven't been able to get ahold of them since. Unfortunately I tend to trust everyone, and sent Paypal gift. I learned my lesson. Also Unfortunately my 15 y/o son actually purchased them. Kind of a bummer all around. I really want to trust that people are good.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
Paid for a Yeti SB100 Turq frame from http://Turtle033.pinkbike.com. It's been 4 days and the person refuses to even open the messages I have sent (a total of 3 now). I replied to the original ad which was not opened up or responded to for a week. I noticed the ad was removed about 1 day before Turtle033 responded and said the person who had promised to buy it had fallen through. Turtle033 never reposted the ad but I told him I would take it.

A few minutes before I used Paypal to make the payment I verified that it was the Yeti SB100 Turq frame he was selling. He responded yes, in large. I made the payment and immediately messaged to indicate payment had been made. I have since seem Turtle033 online on Pinkbike but no response to my messages has been received.

I have looked in the persons buy/sell list. There were 6 or 7 items which said sold and none that were for sale and the Yeti frame was not shown.

I will be contacting Paypal tomorrow as my last message to Turtle033 said I would start fraud proceedings tomorrow. This sucks.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Hope you paid paypal goods/services, otherwise your out of luck.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Cheaping out and using friends/family or venmo or anything that doesnt give buyer or seller protection I can't even fathom. Why would you.

Its like $40 for every $1k dont be dumb.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
User: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Adamanddan/
Item: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2534166/
Bought a bike from me, paid via paypal, collected it all last week, yesterday got a notice from paypal saying it was an unauthorised transaction, he claimed it was a mistake and was sorting it, but it went in his favour and he hasn't said anything since.

I suggested leaving the paypal and go for cash as he originally suggested, he's seen the message but hasn't responded which I feel confirms the scam. Was hoping it was a mistake as he said, giving him the benefit of the doubt Frown

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Cheaping out and using friends/family or venmo or anything that doesnt give buyer or seller protection I can't even fathom. Why would you.

Its like $40 for every $1k dont be dumb.
I really dislike pay-pal for a number of their business practices and will do everything i can to avoid dealing with them. However there isn't much for alternatives at this point.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
Link to item - https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2623617/
Reason -
David had sold me an Orange Blood prototype with written confirmation over messages. I transferred the money in full straight away on Saturday 11th April and now on Friday 17th April with the bike ready and boxed up, he messaged me saying he is taking another offer as they offered him £100 more. He asked me to match this in which I stated we had an agreed amount and if he wasn’t happy with this then he should have told me at the beginning. He has given me a full refund which was fair enough but this breech of agreement is totally out of order. I am so disappointed as I had my heart set on the bike. Previous to this I had bought a shock which was claimed to be perfect working order but when it arrived the bushings were hanging out of it and the lockout didn't work. I didn't take this any further at the time.
I am not blaming the site at all as it is all down to the individuals but David was out of order with the Orange.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
There is a level of convenience being able to buy from far away and have it shipped but there really is no assurance as to the items actual condition without being able to personally inspect it. I've been lucky in my many years of buying online but there really isn't any better way to buy than in person with cash. My two sense, unless you've been extremely thorough and are dealing with a reputable person with a lot of history on PB, I'd hold out and wait for something local.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 17:05 Quote
Mcooney14 wrote:
Reason -
David had sold me an Orange Blood prototype with written confirmation over messages. I transferred the money in full straight away on Saturday 11th April and now on Friday 17th April with the bike ready and boxed up, he messaged me saying he is taking another offer as they offered him £100 more. He asked me to match this in which I stated we had an agreed amount and if he wasn’t happy with this then he should have told me at the beginning. He has given me a full refund which was fair enough but this breech of agreement is totally out of order. I am so disappointed as I had my heart set on the bike. Previous to this I had bought a shock which was claimed to be perfect working order but when it arrived the bushings were hanging out of it and the lockout didn't work. I didn't take this any further at the time.
I am not blaming the site at all as it is all down to the individuals but David was out of order with the Orange.

So wait a second... he refunded you after he got better offer on the item he was selling, and he first offered you the opportunity to match the better offer but you declined.

Thats not a scam bro. It’s just life, money talks. Don’t get to butt hurt about it.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 17:18 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Mcooney14 wrote:
Reason -

So wait a second... he refunded you after he got better offer on the item he was selling, and he first offered you the opportunity to match the better offer but you declined.

Thats not a scam bro. It’s just life, money talks. Don’t get to butt hurt about it.

I think he does have a right to be pissed, it's a dick move tbh, though, you are right, it's not really a scam unless he was bluffing and didn't actually have another buyer lined up. He got his full refund so all is good other than wasted time.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 3:34 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Mcooney14 wrote:
Reason -

What after the guys already paid, that’s bang out of line!! It’s called decency

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
Mcooney14 wrote:
Reason -

Don’t disagree that its a dick move, but its no scam.

If someone wants to start a thread where we can call out forum members for being indecent, I have a list of contenders to bitch about.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Don’t disagree that its a dick move, but its no scam.

If someone wants to start a thread where we can call out forum members for being indecent, I have a list of contenders to bitch about.

Meh probably wasn't a scam, just a dick move, but you still don't know for sure. He could have been bluffing, like shill bidding on ebay, to try and inflate the price.

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
Reporting a buyer:

-Username link -> https://www.pinkbike.com/u/twoam/

Link to their advertisement(s) (if applicable or available) -> https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2681414/
A GX shifter / derailleur I sold him 5 months ago. Claims the derailleur cage is bent.

Reason for reporting them -> Twoam is requesting a refund 5 months after I shipped the parts which came off my Ripmo in working condition. Threatened to post me to "scammers" lists. I'm not going to be threatened into giving a refund on a 5 month old shipment, buyers have a responsibility to inspect items and get back with a seller in a reasonable timeframe.

Twoam continues to threaten to slander me on "scammy seller" lists and has said "Good luck selling anything in the future!"

If any moderator feels I'm unreasonable on this, feel free to PM me.

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
“Rickyvic” finessed 40£ from some bushings. Been 12 since he confirmed he received payment and now has stopped replying. Added him on whatsapp but he won’t reply.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011995
Mobile Version of Website