PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
Ya, did you? If so, you can get your money back

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 22:54 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Ya, did you? If so, you can get your money back

Yep, but it takes about 2 months to get a refund..I'm in the process of getting my $$$ from a lighting co.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 1:41 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
mchudy83 wrote:
I was scammed by this guy https://www.pinkbike.com/u/mb838/.
I was naive enough to send him money for Magura brake set https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2703359/ which he meant to post next day and since then won't reply to any of the messages.
What's more, I created a fake account just to find out that he is still selling the same brakes.
So watch out...

did u pay with paypal goods and services?

No I didn't use Paypal unfortunately...

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
Just a heads up to anyone doing their research and searching the thread for usernames they are about to buy something from. User Randy Geniec, previously username rgeniec, that ripped me off for $420 USD over 3 years ago as outlined below, has changed his username to rgmglglg.

I never got my money back from them. Avoid this guy at all costs and do not deal with him, or www.diversespring.com.

freerider11 wrote:
First post in this part of the forum. I've bought and sold alot of stuff on here over the last 10+ years and have never had a problem that couldn't be resolved. However I've recently run into an issue with user Randy Geniec, pb username rgeniec.

Back on July 13th I purchased a new rear shock and a few other small items from Randy and his associate Fadi through their company Diverse Suspension Products (http://www.diversespring.com), for a total of $420 USD. The items did not ship until August 8th as certain things were backordered, which I'm ok with and was told ahead of time this would be the case. I waited several weeks for the items to arrive, but nothing, and the tracking info provided had no further updates attached to it since the initial drop off at the post off on August 8th. Upon contacting Randy and Fadi they were helpful and investigated with the postal service as to where the package might be. No luck, postal service did not know where the package was, so in other words it was lost/stolen in transit. No problem, I've dealt with shipping issues like this many times before. Usually it's an easy resolution, they just needed to file a claim with the post office to be reimbursed for the insured package, and in turn refund me the purchase amount. It was at this time I learned that Randy had shipped the package without any insurance, unknowingly to me, and they would not be able to claim replacement value from the post office. They are refusing to provide me a refund for the items I never received from them due to a shipping mistake that they made. I never would have agreed to shipping without insurance for this very reason. However Randy and Fadi seem to think it's me who should be out the money, and not them, even though it was their mistake. They have gone from being helpful at first, to being non-responsive and rude with me, and again completely refusing to refund me the money they owe me since I never received what I bought from them.

I did use Paypal for the transaction, however I have no recourse through Paypal as I didn't pay with the "Goods and Services" option. I had purchased an item from them in the past, without any issues, so figured they were good sellers and I would save on the service fees and submit payment as "Friends and Family". Huge mistake on my part, and not one I will ever make again. So, I have no other recourse against these guys for their bad business practices other than opening up complaints against their company with the BBB and FTC (which I have done, but am doubtful that anything will come of it). So here I am now, 3 months after initially submitting payment, with nothing to show for it other than alot of frustration and now anger. If this was a nominal amount of money I would just let it slide, however this is alot of money that has been taken from me.

Please beware buying anything from Randy/Fadi or their company Diverse Suspension Products so you don't get burned like I have been. And I would even go as far as having Randy's account flagged as a scammer account for this (however not sure what the process is for requesting this, if anyone has any input?).

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Just a heads up to anyone doing their research and searching the thread for usernames they are about to buy something from. User Randy Geniec, previously username rgeniec, that ripped me off for $420 USD over 3 years ago as outlined below, has changed his username to rgmglglg.

I never got my money back from them. Avoid this guy at all costs and do not deal with him, or www.diversespring.com.

If that's the case, you should report him to a moderator. If I was still a mod (and you sent proof) I would have banned him for you.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
If that's the case, you should report him to a moderator. If I was still a mod (and you sent proof) I would have banned him for you.

He was reported at the time, nothing came of it. This was 3.5 years ago now and is done. Not much to do about it now. I just happened to notice his new username while browsing the buy/sell yesterday and thought I'd post to potentially save others from the grief of doing business with him. Thanks though.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 3:07 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2724626/

S C A M

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2710307/

This bike is not a demo, and has seen dirt. I was notified of this through another user.

The frame was purchased in Barrie Ontario from the shop I work at by a customer of ours. He later returned the frame for a trade in on a new frame, and we sold his frame on here on commission. The buyer contacted me sometime after looking to see if the frame still had warranty or receipt, which it doesn't as it's used. It's currently being sold as a new shop demo which I can 100% confirm it is absolutely not.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 17:33 Quote
Anyone have any dealings with this member: JosephVanRoekel ? https://www.pinkbike.com/u/JosephVanRoekel/
Ordered a set of code brakes from him and yet to receive them weeks after his claimed shipping date. He has been unable or unwilling to provide tracking info. Opened a paypal dispute, had hoped that wasn't necessary.

Looks like he has sold a number of items in the past, kinda surprised it came to this. Hoping he just has terrible communication skills and there is a reasonable explanation for this, but at this point it seems unlikely.

Thanks all!

Kerry

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 9:43 Quote
leerocks wrote:
Hey sirchomps-a-lot,

Yes, I was scammed on a different wheelset, not referring to yours! I've been in discussion with both my bank and paypal, after paypal wanted info from my bank, and my bank wanted info from paypal. I'll send you a dm with all the info I've got!

An update -- leerocks has re-sent me the money and it's all cleared up now -- we're all fair and square. It sounds like it was just a giant kerfuffle between his bank and paypal.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
Paid for a set of wheels from: BetterThanYourLBS and never recieved them. They initially printed out a shipping label, but never dropped them off. After a week, I was able to get ahold of them, and they said they mistakenly shipped to the wrong person that had bought a frame from them. They said they were going to work it out. Haven't been able to get ahold of them since. Unfortunately I tend to trust everyone, and sent Paypal gift. I learned my lesson. Also Unfortunately my 15 y/o son actually purchased them. Kind of a bummer all around. I really want to trust that people are good.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
Paid for a Yeti SB100 Turq frame from http://Turtle033.pinkbike.com. It's been 4 days and the person refuses to even open the messages I have sent (a total of 3 now). I replied to the original ad which was not opened up or responded to for a week. I noticed the ad was removed about 1 day before Turtle033 responded and said the person who had promised to buy it had fallen through. Turtle033 never reposted the ad but I told him I would take it.

A few minutes before I used Paypal to make the payment I verified that it was the Yeti SB100 Turq frame he was selling. He responded yes, in large. I made the payment and immediately messaged to indicate payment had been made. I have since seem Turtle033 online on Pinkbike but no response to my messages has been received.

I have looked in the persons buy/sell list. There were 6 or 7 items which said sold and none that were for sale and the Yeti frame was not shown.

I will be contacting Paypal tomorrow as my last message to Turtle033 said I would start fraud proceedings tomorrow. This sucks.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Hope you paid paypal goods/services, otherwise your out of luck.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Cheaping out and using friends/family or venmo or anything that doesnt give buyer or seller protection I can't even fathom. Why would you.

Its like $40 for every $1k dont be dumb.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008038
Mobile Version of Website