Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
mybaben wrote:
Wow guys, there are a lot of scammers here on PB aren't there?! I keep getting emails in my inbox and when I click on their username, it was created like 2 days ago and it's empty! Holy shit. Lame.
Well, you can view Buy/Sell items from outside of Pinkbike, and if you want to buy something you have to create an account. While it may seem sketchy, unless they actually try and scam you, I would give them a chance.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 1:24 Quote
mybaben wrote:
Wow guys, there are a lot of scammers here on PB aren't there?! I keep getting emails in my inbox and when I click on their username, it was created like 2 days ago and it's empty! Holy shit. Lame.

I just sold a bike to a profile like that, he came , collected was a great guy who paid in full! There are a lot of people joining at the moment who are trying to buy bikes as they are getting in to MTB, be careful and vigilant and you'll be fine. Don't discount them because its just a new account

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 1:24 Quote
mybaben wrote:

I just sold a bike to a profile like that, he came , collected was a great guy who paid in full! There are a lot of people joining at the moment who are trying to buy bikes as they are getting in to MTB, be careful and vigilant and you'll be fine. Don't discount them because its just a new account

O+
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
mybaben wrote:
Well, you can view Buy/Sell items from outside of Pinkbike, and if you want to buy something you have to create an account. While it may seem sketchy, unless they actually try and scam you, I would give them a chance.

Good point. Cheers.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:

That's fair. Thanks.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
http://RyanATduthie.pinkbike.com
user name: RyanATduthie
paid for the Devinci Wilson posted. He was to provide tracking yesterday morning and is now ignoring me and won't reply.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
ThaCh0sen0ne wrote:
Bro are you kidding me I refunded you the money. What are you talking shit for I told you to send me a fork back you said no it’s fine just give me a discount but now you want to get on Pink Bike and try to make me look bad send me my shit back and I’ll give your money right now

Hi liar. Good to see you are gonna face the music. Let's take a look at your advertisement folks and see what we see. Then if @ThaCh0sen0ne does what he did to me in texts and PayPal, he'll do his best to change everything up.

Ad said "Brand New Take Off". Well folks, here is a link to my photo album of the fork, a screenshot of his original post before he saw my PayPal dispute, then his slick little super shady move to jump back into the Sold item and edit the description so I wouldn't have anything to dispute on PayPal.

Luckily, I found this thread before I filed the dispute & read the advise to screenshot the ad before it could be pulle down or changed. PICS: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/blowmyfuse/album/Used-Ohlins-pics/

Go ahead liar. Start running your mouth and I'll screenshot all the lies and cussing you did in your texts & the stories you suddenly came up with for why a "BRAND NEW TAKE OFF" was all scratched up and well ridden. Come on LIAR!

You did it in texts and in PayPal...show everybody your true colors.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
jgunn25 wrote:
http://RyanATduthie.pinkbike.com
user name: RyanATduthie
paid for the Devinci Wilson posted. He was to provide tracking yesterday morning and is now ignoring me and won't reply.

That username doesn't exist any more? Got PayPal protection?

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 11:15 Quote
blowmyfuse wrote:
ThaCh0sen0ne wrote:
Bro are you kidding me I refunded you the money. What are you talking shit for I told you to send me a fork back you said no it’s fine just give me a discount but now you want to get on Pink Bike and try to make me look bad send me my shit back and I’ll give your money right now

Hi liar. Good to see you are gonna face the music. Let's take a look at your advertisement folks and see what we see. Then if @ThaCh0sen0ne does what he did to me in texts and PayPal, he'll do his best to change everything up.

Grabs popcorn

Ad said "Brand New Take Off". Well folks, here is a link to my photo album of the fork, a screenshot of his original post before he saw my PayPal dispute, then his slick little super shady move to jump back into the Sold item and edit the description so I wouldn't have anything to dispute on PayPal.

Luckily, I found this thread before I filed the dispute & read the advise to screenshot the ad before it could be pulle down or changed. PICS: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/blowmyfuse/album/Used-Ohlins-pics/

Go ahead liar. Start running your mouth and I'll screenshot all the lies and cussing you did in your texts & the stories you suddenly came up with for why a "BRAND NEW TAKE OFF" was all scratched up and well ridden. Come on LIAR!

You did it in texts and in PayPal...show everybody your true colors.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
Im not gonna lie, i looked through your photo album and it seems like you're really making a mountain out of a molehill, i mean really what were you expecting for a "brand new takeoff" that's listed at 1/2 the price of retail?

It'd be one thing if you paid near new price but you got a basically new fork with some minor markings on the lowers for less than half the price of a new fork.
if you really have that much of an issue with that, just give the fork back and get your refund, spend a bit more and get a new one here; https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/ohlins-rxf-36-evo-27-5-boost-2018?variant=46344608643

P.S. you should take less blurry photos.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Newbermuda, I feel like blowmyfuse is about to blow his fuse on you

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Newbermuda, I feel like blowmyfuse is about to blow his fuse on you

Lmao i wanted to throw some sort of pun in there but i don't want to come off as condescending, just trying to be reasonable in regard to both parties here...

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
Ya, I know. He needs to look at the situation from all perspectives. Just be ready for him to go off on you and say otherwise

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
At this moment, I would like to quote something that was said during this battle:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Dudes, settle down. No amount of cussing or name calling will paint either of you in a better light. Let's hear both sides of the story in a calm and respectful manor and move forward from there.

In general when buying from classified ads there are several things you should consider:
1. It is your responsibility as the purchaser to ensure the item is in the condition advertised.
2. There is no warranty implied or otherwise on second hand products, if something needs service or repair after purchase this is not the sellers responsibility.
3. If you failed to do your due diligence and received an item that was what you paid for, but not in the condition you expected you're at fault not the seller on
Keep this in mind before this gets (inevitably) messier.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Im not gonna lie, i looked through your photo album and it seems like you're really making a mountain out of a molehill, i mean really what were you expecting for a "brand new takeoff" that's listed at 1/2 the price of retail?

It'd be one thing if you paid near new price but you got a basically new fork with some minor markings on the lowers for less than half the price of a new fork.
if you really have that much of an issue with that, just give the fork back and get your refund, spend a bit more and get a new one here; https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/ohlins-rxf-36-evo-27-5-boost-2018?variant=46344608643

P.S. you should take less blurry photos.

If I buy something that says "new take off" then I'd expect "new take off" regardless of price....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014225
Mobile Version of Website