Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 2:02 Quote
PLalley wrote:
I got a text outside PinkBike interested in my bike but he wants to send me a check and will have a “mover” pick up the bike. He does say he’ll wait til the check clears. It’s all very strange. Says he’s in Farmer City, Illinois. Seems like a red flag. Anybody else run across this? UPDATE: Further research indicates straight-up scammer. Here’s the number (773) 644-5103

First off, it's a SCAM..The check will forged, by the time your bank see's that it is a forged check, the scammer will have received the bike, and you my friend will not have a cent.

This scam is as old as the hills, as we say here in America..

Keep any messages through pinkbike, use paypal goods and services to help protect you, it's not fool proof, but it's the best way besides doing a transaction in person.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
Scammer going thru sale ads on Pink Bike. Contacts you directly on your phone thru text message. Wants to send "bank check" directly to you with additional funds to pay shipper for pick up and delivery.

My ad clearly stated I would pay shipping, all of the communications threw up a RED FLAG!!!

Phone number is out of Chicago (773) 644-5103

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
OldGuyOutdoors wrote:
Scammer going thru sale ads on Pink Bike. Contacts you directly on your phone thru text message. Wants to send "bank check" directly to you with additional funds to pay shipper for pick up and delivery.

My ad clearly stated I would pay shipping, all of the communications threw up a RED FLAG!!!

Take the cheque give a wrong address and cash that shit at money mart lol

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
OldGuyOutdoors wrote:

Yep is the exact pattern I had above but got that email rather than a phone number.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 17:40 Quote
Just got an email luigaciass@gmail.com as soon as I told dude to not text but rather use the Pink Bike forum...

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
OldGuyOutdoors wrote:
Just got an email luigaciass@gmail.com as soon as I told dude to not text but rather use the Pink Bike forum...

CONomad wrote:
I just got an offer for a DH bike I'm selling sent to my phone from a guy with the gmail address luigaciass@gmail.com. Seemed fine and fairly knowledgeable but then started asking for my address to send a cashiers check saying he'd send a shipping company to collect the bike. I called him on it and asked to get his PinkBike account name and he refuses to answer (or even acknowledge the question) but just keeps sending the same bs txt asking for my address (this is the only platform I put my mobile on so I know it came from here).

Same email sent to a user a few posts up. Definitely avoid them. They're probably aware of getting banned for scamming so didn't make an account and try to scam people out of Pinkbike.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
I was scammed by VanisleRedneck . paid for a fork and he never sent it. Beware of this guy

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
stonechucker wrote:
I was scammed by VanisleRedneck . paid for a fork and he never sent it. Beware of this guy

Can you provide some more information? (Specifications on the transaction, link to item, etc.) as these are useful for Mods to launch an investigation.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
stonechucker wrote:

Can you provide some more information? (Specifications on the transaction, link to item, etc.) as these are useful for Mods to launch an investigation.

+1.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
I am trying to buy a bike from PB, but the seller refuses using Paypal, wants etransfer instead. the bike is around 6k, is it normal? this is my first time using pb, thank you all.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
byebyegas wrote:
I am trying to buy a bike from PB, but the seller refuses using Paypal, wants etransfer instead. the bike is around 6k, is it normal? this is my first time using pb, thank you all.

Not a chance. Red lights are flashing.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
byebyegas wrote:

Not a chance. Red lights are flashing.

thank you

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
Don't do it. E-transfers offer you no protection. At least with the PayPal goods and services option - you have some recourse.

No, it's not normal. Read the Buy/Sell safety tips here on Pinkbike.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=113294

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Don't do it. E-transfers offer you no protection. At least with the PayPal goods and services option - you have some recourse.

No, it's not normal. Read the Buy/Sell safety tips here on Pinkbike.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=113294

Thank you, I will try to arrange a face to face meeting instead

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013845
Mobile Version of Website