Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 22:41 Quote
Someone should "fall" for his scam and send him a junk bike (bent junk parts for weight) with a couple of trackers hidden around, ( inside tube / in cardboard layers...) I wonder if anyone would /could fund and follow up on such a dumb idea...? ????

Or maybe, if he keeps paying shipping to receive junk, he might think twice...

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
OldGuyOutdoors wrote:
Just got an email luigaciass@gmail.com as soon as I told dude to not text but rather use the Pink Bike forum...

CONomad wrote:
I just got an offer for a DH bike I'm selling sent to my phone from a guy with the gmail address luigaciass@gmail.com. Seemed fine and fairly knowledgeable but then started asking for my address to send a cashiers check saying he'd send a shipping company to collect the bike. I called him on it and asked to get his PinkBike account name and he refuses to answer (or even acknowledge the question) but just keeps sending the same bs txt asking for my address (this is the only platform I put my mobile on so I know it came from here).

Same email sent to a user a few posts up. Definitely avoid them. They're probably aware of getting banned for scamming so didn't make an account and try to scam people out of Pinkbike.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
I was scammed by VanisleRedneck . paid for a fork and he never sent it. Beware of this guy

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
stonechucker wrote:
I was scammed by VanisleRedneck . paid for a fork and he never sent it. Beware of this guy

Can you provide some more information? (Specifications on the transaction, link to item, etc.) as these are useful for Mods to launch an investigation.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
stonechucker wrote:

Can you provide some more information? (Specifications on the transaction, link to item, etc.) as these are useful for Mods to launch an investigation.

+1.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
I am trying to buy a bike from PB, but the seller refuses using Paypal, wants etransfer instead. the bike is around 6k, is it normal? this is my first time using pb, thank you all.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
byebyegas wrote:
I am trying to buy a bike from PB, but the seller refuses using Paypal, wants etransfer instead. the bike is around 6k, is it normal? this is my first time using pb, thank you all.

Not a chance. Red lights are flashing.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
byebyegas wrote:

Not a chance. Red lights are flashing.

thank you

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
Don't do it. E-transfers offer you no protection. At least with the PayPal goods and services option - you have some recourse.

No, it's not normal. Read the Buy/Sell safety tips here on Pinkbike.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=113294

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Don't do it. E-transfers offer you no protection. At least with the PayPal goods and services option - you have some recourse.

Thank you, I will try to arrange a face to face meeting instead

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 0:34 Quote
byebyegas wrote:
kwapik wrote:

Thank you, I will try to arrange a face to face meeting instead

If you go to the desktop site you can also find history about the seller, how long on site / seller history etc. If they’re new and have no history and will only accept the above payment walk away

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
byebyegas wrote:

I'd leave their username here, or contact a moderator. They could be a scammer and need to be checked out.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
kwapik wrote:

Flipside; I'd prefer to deal with E-Transfer than Paypal as I know of the issues people have had with paypal siding with the seller. Ultimately, it's up to the buyer and seller to agree on a payment system that neither will be scammed during. Seeing how many items a user has sold is always the most surefire way of avoiding a scam, not the payment type. E-transfers are incredibly normal for payment in many places, and you can follow up in civil court. Your money is somewhat protected within country as you did come to a contract via whatever discussion board you use.

Source; have dealt with money orders, e-transfers, and gift payments for years. They're not inherently sketchy, just something to be mindful of. My only bad run ins thus far have been regarding paypal. Use your head.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
sherbet wrote:
kwapik wrote:

Flipside; I'd prefer to deal with E-Transfer than Paypal as I know of the issues people have had with paypal siding with the seller. Ultimately, it's up to the buyer and seller to agree on a payment system that neither will be scammed during. Seeing how many items a user has sold is always the most surefire way of avoiding a scam, not the payment type. E-transfers are incredibly normal for payment in many places, and you can follow up in civil court. Your money is somewhat protected within country as you did come to a contract via whatever discussion board you use.

Source; have dealt with money orders, e-transfers, and gift payments for years. They're not inherently sketchy, just something to be mindful of. My only bad run ins thus far have been regarding paypal. Use your head.
Good friend of mine bought a project one sided concept a few years ago. He crashed out and his time trial session was over before he had even built the bike. He sold it to a fellow South of the border, dude made a PayPal claim stating the frame was cracked PayPal sided with him and my friend was out $12k. The purchaser still rides the bike and occasionally claims he got it for free. f*ck PayPal.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
sherbet wrote:
kwapik wrote:

Good friend of mine bought a project one sided concept a few years ago. He crashed out and his time trial session was over before he had even built the bike. He sold it to a fellow South of the border, dude made a PayPal claim stating the frame was cracked PayPal sided with him and my friend was out $12k. The purchaser still rides the bike and occasionally claims he got it for free. f*ck PayPal.
On you with that. Had quite a few issues with PayPal myself. F*ck PayPal

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007227
Mobile Version of Website