Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
Luigaciass just messaged me about my PB ad. Thanks for posting about it.

Mod
Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 4:10 Quote
Terrapinstation wrote:
450Biker and Bike450 are his 2 account names that was suspended for only 425 days, or so. No lifetime ban? Why Pinkbike? His name under his PayPal account is Nicholas Jacob and he lives in the Portland area. Be aware of this scammer who is riddled with lies. He wants you to pay direct to his PayPal link/email he sends you. He specifically mentions that he can’t accept a goods and services payment due to his business, ect, ect. Luckily I got my money refunded from PayPal for merchandise not received.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2915558/
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Bike450/

If I ban the account, the user cannot communicate via PM. If I suspend it for 9999 hours, they still retain the ability to communicate and hopefully resolve issues.

The 450 accounts are now deactivated and marked as a scammer.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 4:21 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Terrapinstation wrote:
450Biker and Bike450 are his 2 account names that was suspended for only 425 days, or so. No lifetime ban? Why Pinkbike? His name under his PayPal account is Nicholas Jacob and he lives in the Portland area. Be aware of this scammer who is riddled with lies. He wants you to pay direct to his PayPal link/email he sends you. He specifically mentions that he can’t accept a goods and services payment due to his business, ect, ect. Luckily I got my money refunded from PayPal for merchandise not received.

If I ban the account, the user cannot communicate via PM. If I suspend it for 9999 hours, they still retain the ability to communicate and hopefully resolve issues.

Sent you a pm buddy

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
Terrapinstation wrote:

Good to hear. I could no longer communicate with him the following day as he blocked me.

Sent you a pm buddy
Sewer-rat....No PM received if you are talking to me.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 2:02 Quote
Terrapinstation wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:

Good to hear. I could no longer communicate with him the following day as he blocked me.

Sent you a pm buddy
Sewer-rat....No PM received if you are talking to me.

Sorry man, hijacked your thread it was to Isaac

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
This guy with the email luigaciass@gmail.com is trying to pull off a scam. Here's how it works: He says he'll send me a check with the money and have a mover/shipper come pick up the bike. What will probably happen is that the check will be fake and he'll run away with my bike. Whatever you do, don't take a check as a form of payment

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
Steaks wrote:
This guy with the email luigaciass@gmail.com is trying to pull off a scam. Here's how it works: He says he'll send me a check with the money and have a mover/shipper come pick up the bike. What will probably happen is that the check will be fake and he'll run away with my bike. Whatever you do, don't take a check as a form of payment

That scam is an old one..

Mod
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
Unfortunately. Not associated to a registered user on Pinkbike. Appreciate the post.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
Steaks wrote:

I heard this one a few times in a return text from items I've had for sale on Craigslist. Most recent on here(last week) from a return text immediately after posting my item, he asked for a verification code that I'm real not a scammer. I've had this also on Craigslist. What's up with this verification code these scammers want?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
chicane32 wrote:
Steaks wrote:

I heard this one a few times in a return text from items I've had for sale on Craigslist. Most recent on here(last week) from a return text immediately after posting my item, he asked for a verification code that I'm real not a scammer. I've had this also on Craigslist. What's up with this verification code these scammers want?

Was unsure, so google searched it and it says - "It's a new scam that tries to use your phone number to scam others. If you post your phone number in any public forum, you could be at risk. ... If you give the verification code to the buyer as they asked, they use that code along with the phone number you posted in the ad to get their own free Google phone number."

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
chicane32 wrote:
Steaks wrote:

Was unsure, so google searched it and it says - "It's a new scam that tries to use your phone number to scam others. If you post your phone number in any public forum, you could be at risk. ... If you give the verification code to the buyer as they asked, they use that code along with the phone number you posted in the ad to get their own free Google phone number."
There's certainly no shortages of phone numbers online. Here, Craigslist, ect. Not as risky here, but Craigslist is a scammers haven. Anytime I post something new on Craigslist, I always get a reply text from a scammer within 10 minutes of posting it seams. Last week when it happened here, sure enough it was a recently new account and I reported it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
chicane32 wrote:
There's certainly no shortages of phone numbers online. Here, Craigslist, ect. Not as risky here, but Craigslist is a scammers haven. Anytime I post something new on Craigslist, I always get a reply text from a scammer within 10 minutes of posting it seams. Last week when it happened here, sure enough it was a recently new account and I reported it.

Yup, and scammers are everywhere and target anybody they get the chance to scam.

You have to have an account on here to view the phone numbers on ads. I'd assume Pinkbike admin did it to protect sellers, but unfortunately scammers make accounts to get the phone numbers, then probably avoid private messaging the sellers so they're not caught out.

People need to be more cautious and vigilant of scammers and notice the scams they use and how they work.

Back in 2008, I was nearly scammed by the typical 'cheque' scam, so that's what lead me to making the 'BuySell Safety and Tips' thread to warn and protect other members of this website.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
Steaks wrote:

Thanks for the reporting. Same person tried to scam us.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/progressioncycles/
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/progressioncycles/buysell/

I purchased some brakes from the seller on the 12th. The seller has yet to ship my items, and has not been able to provide me with any response other than “will follow up with tracking” which did not happen. I understand some things are delayed with everything going on but I am beginning to feel I was taking advantage of.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.099556
Mobile Version of Website