Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Mod
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
Sancho20 wrote:
Galantbike is a scammer.. Typical scammer talk.. He's local to me and insists I pay him bank transfer or bitcoin.. Then I said PayPal and he insisted on only friends and family.. Definitely a scammer needs to be banned..

Can you provide a username? There are no users registered with that username that I can find.

Mod
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
grabson wrote:
Jamespurnell IS A SCAMMER! Hebought Hope headset from me, wasn't happy about it so requested for me to refund him £55 (he paid £50 for headset) but asked for £55!! He also gave me different PayPal address to send him money back, not the one he used for purchase?!?!
I asked him to send it back and ill refund, no problem, but he insisted, that I should refund first and then he will send it to me
In the end we agreed to £10 refund from me, but to my surprise he requested £15 on PayPal, in the end I did refund £10 and case closed would seem, but in meantime he opened claim on PayPal which I wasn't aware of and DID NOT TELL PAYPAL that we agreed and I actually refunded him, now PayPal took £50 from my account.
So now he has my Hope headset, £50 he paid for headset and £10 that I refunded to make him happy (plus I need to pay £12 dispute fee)
I have send couple messages to him and he didn't even responded (I can see he did read my messages)
I have done few hundreds deals deals here and I always try to resolve problems or refund if buyer isn't happy
So be aware of Jamespurnell he is a SCAMMER and Piece of crap who doesn't deserve to be here so DONT SELL ANYTHING TO THIS GUY!

I've banned his alternate account and sent you a pm

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
Sancho20 wrote:
Galantbike is a scammer.. Typical scammer talk.. He's local to me and insists I pay him bank transfer or bitcoin.. Then I said PayPal and he insisted on only friends and family.. Definitely a scammer needs to be banned..

It looks like he removed his account.. I told him I was reporting him.. I don't see either of the bikes he had for sale

Mod
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
I've reached out again to Bike24 to create an account here so users could have the local opportunity to verify an ad's validity. I am not familiar with their system at all, please share any communication you've had with fake Bike24 email addresses ideally including fake invoices so I can pass along to Bike24 via their feedback system until I get action from them.

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 4:04 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
grabson wrote:
Jamespurnell IS A SCAMMER! Hebought Hope headset from me, wasn't happy about it so requested for me to refund him £55 (he paid £50 for headset) but asked for £55!! He also gave me different PayPal address to send him money back, not the one he used for purchase?!?!
I asked him to send it back and ill refund, no problem, but he insisted, that I should refund first and then he will send it to me
In the end we agreed to £10 refund from me, but to my surprise he requested £15 on PayPal, in the end I did refund £10 and case closed would seem, but in meantime he opened claim on PayPal which I wasn't aware of and DID NOT TELL PAYPAL that we agreed and I actually refunded him, now PayPal took £50 from my account.
So now he has my Hope headset, £50 he paid for headset and £10 that I refunded to make him happy (plus I need to pay £12 dispute fee)
I have send couple messages to him and he didn't even responded (I can see he did read my messages)
I have done few hundreds deals deals here and I always try to resolve problems or refund if buyer isn't happy
So be aware of Jamespurnell he is a SCAMMER and Piece of crap who doesn't deserve to be here so DONT SELL ANYTHING TO THIS GUY!

I've banned his alternate account and sent you a pm

He is trying to buy something else from me now on different account, check flag djpurnell this guy is trouble

Mod
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
Radek had a great idea on the back end. Today I found 4 additional bike24 scam accounts and removed their listings and banned the accounts.

Please let me know if you see a suspicious listing.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Radek had a great idea on the back end. Today I found 4 additional bike24 scam accounts and removed their listings and banned the accounts.

Please let me know if you see a suspicious listing.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmarlow/

This guy is asking for a venmo payment because apparently "Goods and services takes way to long to process. By the time I send the bike you can decide to cancel and I have gotten scammed 2 times that way."

1) paypal doesn't work like that
2) his account is pretty new, no other pictures or previous activity
3) a friend tried to text him first, he said he was a "trusted seller" but with a new account? where is he a trusted seller? bruh

After my friend texted him he asked me to help (he's not a native speaker) and i got that message i quoted. I have screenshots of the messages he sent my friend too.

Just thought this was suspicious.

Mod
Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
please send to buysell@pinkbike.com

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
I have had a long message in my inbox with DNG996 who wants to purchase my frame. I've it all boxed and ready to go when he provided me with a shipping address via inbox here and not his PayPal address.
I received the full amount in Paypal today and found out tonight that the address provided is a freight forwarding company in Sarasota Florida. I should have been suspicious when someone provided me with a florida zip code for a 7 inch travel bike.
Have you had any others mentioning this name?
What should I do now? I don't want to send in case he puts in a Paypal claim saying it never arrived. He has paid the expecting shipping amount of ~$170

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 23:52 Quote
kiwi-jim wrote:
I have had a long message in my inbox with DNG996 who wants to purchase my frame. I've it all boxed and ready to go when he provided me with a shipping address via inbox here and not his PayPal address.
I received the full amount in Paypal today and found out tonight that the address provided is a freight forwarding company in Sarasota Florida. I should have been suspicious when someone provided me with a florida zip code for a 7 inch travel bike.
What should I do now? I don't want to send in case he puts in a Paypal claim saying it never arrived. He has paid the expecting shipping amount of ~$170

Walk away, no wait...Ruuunnnn.....It's a scam.

Mod
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
kiwi-jim wrote:

It's most likely an international rider. It's a relatively common practice to buy a bike and have it shipped to Florida based family member for forwarding on to South America or another country. Feel free to shoot me the details.

I'll try to do some digging, but I suspect International shipping from Florida has some unique law around import taxes to foreign countries.

The two bikes I sold internationally(Chile and Peru) both went to FL first.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
kiwi-jim wrote:

It's most likely an international rider. It's a relatively common practice to buy a bike and have it shipped to Florida based family member for forwarding on to South America or another country. Feel free to shoot me the details.

I'll try to do some digging, but I suspect International shipping from Florida has some unique law around import taxes to foreign countries.

You are exactly right, when I search the address it is a freight forwarding company in Sarasota - Gavin Sekhon
4283 Express Lane
Suite 6552-630
Sarasota, FL 34249
But he also asked me to send him the Paypal request and Paypal has now told me to refund him and ask him to send the money to me for goods and services. Apparently this way I will be covered by PayPal to send to this address.

Just boxing the frame took me a couple of days, what a pain.
Thanks for your help

Mod
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
kiwi-jim wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
kiwi-jim wrote:

You are exactly right, when I search the address it is a freight forwarding company in Sarasota - Gavin Sekhon
4283 Express Lane
Suite 6552-630
Sarasota, FL 34249
But he also asked me to send him the Paypal request and Paypal has now told me to refund him and ask him to send the money to me for goods and services. Apparently this way I will be covered by PayPal to send to this address.

Just boxing the frame took me a couple of days, what a pain.
Thanks for your help

Sounds good, boxing is a PITA...

always always always try to do goods and services,

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
kiwi-jim wrote:

I remember reading that you have to ship to the address on the Paypal account which pays you. I think the buyer can file a dispute and get a refund if you ship to an address different to the one on the buyers Paypal address, although I didn't know about Isaac and the fact you shipped to a secondary address.

It's risky, although you may be covered if they do scam you and you provide PayPal with the inbox messages from Pinkbike between you and the buyer. It kind of sounds sketchy, but I've never heard of that shipping method.

Good luck with the sale.

Mod
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 8:02 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
kiwi-jim wrote:

I remember reading that you have to ship to the address on the Paypal account which pays you. I think the buyer can file a dispute and get a refund if you ship to an address different to the one on the buyers Paypal address, although I didn't know about Isaac and the fact you shipped to a secondary address.

It's risky, although you may be covered if they do scam you and you provide PayPal with the inbox messages from Pinkbike between you and the buyer. It kind of sounds sketchy, but I've never heard of that shipping method.

Good luck with the sale.

I believe the seller protection is sufficient if the shipped to address is in the paypal communication - despite the buyers home address.

Good thought/comment to bring up. Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016091
Mobile Version of Website