Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Author Message
Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 23:37 Quote
mgrant23 wrote:
New here, Just wondering if you think this is legit ad. He hasn't provided any more photos, didn't know how at first, then said he forgot.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2950515/

new seller, appears to be first listing.

Thanks, great site!

As a general rule of mine, I never buy from a new member that only signs up to sell something. I look for some " history " i.e. posting in other forums for a period of time. Scammers will sign up to supposedly sell something, so you never know, it would be a crap shoot buying from them. Not worth it imho. But it's your choice. Also, I'm not saying all new sellers are scammers.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
mgrant23 wrote:
New here, Just wondering if you think this is legit ad. He hasn't provided any more photos, didn't know how at first, then said he forgot.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2950515/

new seller, appears to be first listing.

Thanks, great site!

Image doesn't seem to be stolen, which is a good sign. I have no clue if the price is genuine. If you do purchase the bike, pay with PayPal Goods and Services and nothing else. Leave a URL link of the ad in the 'note' section of the PayPal payment.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
just ask for more photos again if you want to see more before offering on the bike. there are no major red flags, just a lazy seller.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 10:36 Quote
I got scammed by username Chrashalot1 (Garrett Mayberry). And he was rude about it when I gave him a chance to be honest. Anyway, here's the quick:

I bought a bike from him here, he offered to paint it for me, and all sounded great.

Bike arrived and there was a welded repair inside of seat tube, the seat tube was chopped down, and the seat post would not insert more than ~3".

I explained this situation to seller and he proceeded to tell me "it must have broke during shipping" and to "f#ck off and ride the bike". Amongst other things.

After taking it to my LBS for documentation and dealing with the headache/faff about that is PayPay dispute, I eventually won the dispute. All said and done, out ~$250 of a $800 transaction based on packing/shipping/insuring the bike back to him per the PayPal agreement. The headache alone was worth more than $800.

He has other bikes for sale here. Buyer beware. I have pics of text discussion/paypal resolution/PB msgs/LBS statement etc if anyone needs it. I emailed PB and a forum moderator here but never heard back so hence this post

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
Thanks, I'll touch base tonight.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
It got buried in the inbox here somehow, I never your email to the buysell@pinkbike.com, so I was waiting your action.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
bad966 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2883440/
The seller uses bike24 to transport bicycles, but I have not received the bicycles, I think I was cheated. (Sales@bike24.ltd) Please be alert to this email address, please pay via PayPal, all transfers are red flags! I lost 2400 euros for this.

Account Name: JAVIER FAUS BONET
Beneficiary address: 41 Rue Nicolas Martha 2133 Luxembourg
Bank Name: Sogexia S.A.
IBAN: LU816191NH703DBME5N0
BIC: SOXALULL
Bank address: Sogexia S.A. 68 Mühlenweg , 2155 LEtzebuerg ,Luxembourg

Currencyfair Limited GBP Client Account
Account Name: Kevin Santana Morales
Account No 73386589
Sort Code 200000
Reference CF7624028
Bank Name Barclays

Account Name: Worldpay AP Ltd
Bank Name: Bank of America Merrill Lynch
IBAN: CH7608726000050629018
BIC: BOFACH2X
Bank address: Stockerstrasse 23, 8002 Zürich, Switzerland

These three are bank accounts provided by scammers.

This is the IP address analyzed by the email. The email sent through the Gmail server can be judged to be true. However, these scammers have forged the content of the letter. I should calm down and don’t rush to transfer, but I really like this bike. Yes, I also found this bike to advertise on three other platforms. According to my judgment, this should be the phone number +49 152 106 19060 of the liar.

Received: from mail-oi1-x229.google.com (unknown [2607:f8b0:4864:20::229])
from mail-oi1-x233.google.com (unknown [2607:f8b0:4864:20::233])
from mail-ot1-x32d.google.com (unknown [2607:f8b0:4864:20::32d])

Hahaha, same here, i almost lost 2000 euros, the same phone number, same bank, same shipping method, stay away guys

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
ayeeteoo wrote:
bad966 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2883440/
The seller uses bike24 to transport bicycles, but I have not received the bicycles, I think I was cheated. (Sales@bike24.ltd) Please be alert to this email address, please pay via PayPal, all transfers are red flags! I lost 2400 euros for this.

Account Name: JAVIER FAUS BONET
Beneficiary address: 41 Rue Nicolas Martha 2133 Luxembourg
Bank Name: Sogexia S.A.
IBAN: LU816191NH703DBME5N0
BIC: SOXALULL
Bank address: Sogexia S.A. 68 Mühlenweg , 2155 LEtzebuerg ,Luxembourg

Currencyfair Limited GBP Client Account
Account Name: Kevin Santana Morales
Account No 73386589
Sort Code 200000
Reference CF7624028
Bank Name Barclays

Account Name: Worldpay AP Ltd
Bank Name: Bank of America Merrill Lynch
IBAN: CH7608726000050629018
BIC: BOFACH2X
Bank address: Stockerstrasse 23, 8002 Zürich, Switzerland

These three are bank accounts provided by scammers.

This is the IP address analyzed by the email. The email sent through the Gmail server can be judged to be true. However, these scammers have forged the content of the letter. I should calm down and don’t rush to transfer, but I really like this bike. Yes, I also found this bike to advertise on three other platforms. According to my judgment, this should be the phone number +49 152 106 19060 of the liar.

Received: from mail-oi1-x229.google.com (unknown [2607:f8b0:4864:20::229])
from mail-oi1-x233.google.com (unknown [2607:f8b0:4864:20::233])
from mail-ot1-x32d.google.com (unknown [2607:f8b0:4864:20::32d])

Hahaha, same here, i almost lost 2000 euros, the same phone number, same bank, same shipping method, stay away guys
I don't show this one as active anymore, please let me know if that's inaccurate.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 23:04 Quote
Galantbike is a scammer.. Typical scammer talk.. He's local to me and insists I pay him bank transfer or bitcoin.. Then I said PayPal and he insisted on only friends and family.. Definitely a scammer needs to be banned..

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 1:12 Quote
Jamespurnell IS A SCAMMER! Hebought Hope headset from me, wasn't happy about it so requested for me to refund him £55 (he paid £50 for headset) but asked for £55!! He also gave me different PayPal address to send him money back, not the one he used for purchase?!?!
I asked him to send it back and ill refund, no problem, but he insisted, that I should refund first and then he will send it to me
In the end we agreed to £10 refund from me, but to my surprise he requested £15 on PayPal, in the end I did refund £10 and case closed would seem, but in meantime he opened claim on PayPal which I wasn't aware of and DID NOT TELL PAYPAL that we agreed and I actually refunded him, now PayPal took £50 from my account.
So now he has my Hope headset, £50 he paid for headset and £10 that I refunded to make him happy (plus I need to pay £12 dispute fee)
I have send couple messages to him and he didn't even responded (I can see he did read my messages)
I have done few hundreds deals deals here and I always try to resolve problems or refund if buyer isn't happy
So be aware of Jamespurnell he is a SCAMMER and Piece of crap who doesn't deserve to be here so DONT SELL ANYTHING TO THIS GUY!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
Sancho20 wrote:
Galantbike is a scammer.. Typical scammer talk.. He's local to me and insists I pay him bank transfer or bitcoin.. Then I said PayPal and he insisted on only friends and family.. Definitely a scammer needs to be banned..

Can you provide a username? There are no users registered with that username that I can find.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
grabson wrote:
Jamespurnell IS A SCAMMER! Hebought Hope headset from me, wasn't happy about it so requested for me to refund him £55 (he paid £50 for headset) but asked for £55!! He also gave me different PayPal address to send him money back, not the one he used for purchase?!?!
I asked him to send it back and ill refund, no problem, but he insisted, that I should refund first and then he will send it to me
In the end we agreed to £10 refund from me, but to my surprise he requested £15 on PayPal, in the end I did refund £10 and case closed would seem, but in meantime he opened claim on PayPal which I wasn't aware of and DID NOT TELL PAYPAL that we agreed and I actually refunded him, now PayPal took £50 from my account.
So now he has my Hope headset, £50 he paid for headset and £10 that I refunded to make him happy (plus I need to pay £12 dispute fee)
I have send couple messages to him and he didn't even responded (I can see he did read my messages)
I have done few hundreds deals deals here and I always try to resolve problems or refund if buyer isn't happy
So be aware of Jamespurnell he is a SCAMMER and Piece of crap who doesn't deserve to be here so DONT SELL ANYTHING TO THIS GUY!

I've banned his alternate account and sent you a pm

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
Sancho20 wrote:
Galantbike is a scammer.. Typical scammer talk.. He's local to me and insists I pay him bank transfer or bitcoin.. Then I said PayPal and he insisted on only friends and family.. Definitely a scammer needs to be banned..

It looks like he removed his account.. I told him I was reporting him.. I don't see either of the bikes he had for sale

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
I've reached out again to Bike24 to create an account here so users could have the local opportunity to verify an ad's validity. I am not familiar with their system at all, please share any communication you've had with fake Bike24 email addresses ideally including fake invoices so I can pass along to Bike24 via their feedback system until I get action from them.

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 4:04 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
grabson wrote:
Jamespurnell IS A SCAMMER! Hebought Hope headset from me, wasn't happy about it so requested for me to refund him £55 (he paid £50 for headset) but asked for £55!! He also gave me different PayPal address to send him money back, not the one he used for purchase?!?!
I asked him to send it back and ill refund, no problem, but he insisted, that I should refund first and then he will send it to me
In the end we agreed to £10 refund from me, but to my surprise he requested £15 on PayPal, in the end I did refund £10 and case closed would seem, but in meantime he opened claim on PayPal which I wasn't aware of and DID NOT TELL PAYPAL that we agreed and I actually refunded him, now PayPal took £50 from my account.
So now he has my Hope headset, £50 he paid for headset and £10 that I refunded to make him happy (plus I need to pay £12 dispute fee)
I have send couple messages to him and he didn't even responded (I can see he did read my messages)
I have done few hundreds deals deals here and I always try to resolve problems or refund if buyer isn't happy
So be aware of Jamespurnell he is a SCAMMER and Piece of crap who doesn't deserve to be here so DONT SELL ANYTHING TO THIS GUY!

I've banned his alternate account and sent you a pm

He is trying to buy something else from me now on different account, check flag djpurnell this guy is trouble


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007309
Mobile Version of Website