Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 19:30 Quote
On Feb 2, 2021, I contacted the pinkbike seller BurnE about some cushcore he had advertised. He agreed to sell me the cushcore. I agreed to pay over Venmo. I sent him my email address and phone number, and he texted me a Venmo address to pay which I paid using Venmo. He said he would provide a tracking number, but the number was never provided. Despite a week having passed, I have not received the cushcore. I have texted and messaged him several times with no response. Also, the ad is still active on pinkbike and his last date of activity on pinkbike is Feb 2, 2021--the day I paid him. Am I getting scammed. Also, what are the prospects of getting money back since I used Venmo? Thanks.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 21:15 Quote
Gster1954 wrote:
On Feb 2, 2021, I contacted the pinkbike seller BurnE about some cushcore he had advertised. He agreed to sell me the cushcore. I agreed to pay over Venmo. I sent him my email address and phone number, and he texted me a Venmo address to pay which I paid using Venmo. He said he would provide a tracking number, but the number was never provided. Despite a week having passed, I have not received the cushcore. I have texted and messaged him several times with no response. Also, the ad is still active on pinkbike and his last date of activity on pinkbike is Feb 2, 2021--the day I paid him. Am I getting scammed. Also, what are the prospects of getting money back since I used Venmo? Thanks.
I saw your reporting of this user and I've messaged him, but you are correct - last date of login is 2/2.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
Hi could you check out maikttt31

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 5:25 Quote
Donagh06 wrote:
Hi could you check out maikttt31
the user has been removed

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
Must of been a scammer then because he was trying to sell me a yt last week

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
Donagh06 wrote:
Must of been a scammer then because he was trying to sell me a yt last week
yes,

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
MarkTyler713 is a scammer, a smartass, and a pain in the ass. I bought a Rockshox SID worldcup fork from him, just to be disappointed when I received it. The hose and insert connecting to the lockout was snapped off, this part isn't replaceable so you'd have to replace the entire damper. When I asked for a complete refund, he told to me to ship the item ASAP, even after I told I have work. I can only ship on Fridays and the weekend. He kept bugging me, so I shipped it out within 3 or 4 days after receiving it, just to make him stop bugging me.

Once he received the item (determined through tracking #) instead of providing the refund, He insisted that he provided the refund, just to find out i hadn't received any refund.

In short, this guy is delaying everything, He got his fork, He got my money. It takes forever to get a dispute solved within Paypal. This would've been a last resort but he refuses to back my money.

Just alerting everybody what kind of seller this guy is.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
jambikers wrote:
MarkTyler713 is a scammer, a smartass, and a pain in the ass. I bought a Rockshox SID worldcup fork from him, just to be disappointed when I received it. The hose and insert connecting to the lockout was snapped off, this part isn't replaceable so you'd have to replace the entire damper. When I asked for a complete refund, he told to me to ship the item ASAP, even after I told I have work. I can only ship on Fridays and the weekend. He kept bugging me, so I shipped it out within 3 or 4 days after receiving it, just to make him stop bugging me.

Once he received the item (determined through tracking #) instead of providing the refund, He insisted that he provided the refund, just to find out i hadn't received any refund.

In short, this guy is delaying everything, He got his fork, He got my money. It takes forever to get a dispute solved within Paypal. This would've been a last resort but he refuses to back my money.

I'd suggest filing a claim in paypal, I've suspended his account until this is resolved.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
Same guy just contacted me about a bike I am selling, thanks for the heads up!
CONomad wrote:
I just got an offer for a DH bike I'm selling sent to my phone from a guy with the gmail address luigaciass@gmail.com. Seemed fine and fairly knowledgeable but then started asking for my address to send a cashiers check saying he'd send a shipping company to collect the bike. I called him on it and asked to get his PinkBike account name and he refuses to answer (or even acknowledge the question) but just keeps sending the same bs txt asking for my address (this is the only platform I put my mobile on so I know it came from here).

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
User Opachecoo agreed to sell me a frame set for $2300. I paid via PayPal on February 3rd. He has yet to send the frame and will not respond to any messages. The item is still actively for sale on here and eBay. I actually had a friend inquire about the frame on eBay and he told them it was still for sale and to make an offer. I have already disputed it with PayPal.

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
I don't want to wrongly accuse anyone, but I find this user's listing suspicious: https://m.pinkbike.com/u/Sandradnn/.

First of all, the sale price seems too good to be true ($200 for a 2020 Specialized Rockhopper).

I then found the exact same ad (same photos and text) elsewhere, but at $900 (I assume CAD, which would still be way more than $200 US): https://www.kijiji.ca/v-mountain-bike/calgary/29-specialized-rockhopper-2020/1551561407

I've been in contact and asked why the second ad, and they said their cousin placed the other ad. Funny thing is, I reached out on Craigslist recently about another bike before realizing that ad is a scam verified by multiple sources online, and that person responded and also referenced posting the ad for their cousin! Seems cousins are a common theme when it comes to bike ads?

Anyway, my Spidey sense is tingling. Could you please offer your opinion on this user before I commit to buying their bike? Thank you!

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
If it’s too good to be true then it’s a scam, you’ve done solid research now I suggest walking away very quickly

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
wileskws wrote:
Alright, So I am questioning if I am getting scammed here and really need to bounce it off some people.

After some conversation and me mentioning the fact that the address on the Paypal needs to be legitimate, this is a message I received.

Does this seem like a scam, to do this to ship to another country etc? Anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Hey man! OK! I finally have it figured out!
so this is what I Have to do. I just found a courier service en FL that can ship the bike to Ecuador, where I live.
That being said:
1. I register the courier´s address in my paypal account for this transaction, this way it´s safe for both of us.
2. you send the paypal invoice with this same address. and the payment will be done in full.
3. I need to know what the shipping cost will be from ____ to MIA so that I can include that in the payment.
4. I would like to know the aprox. weight of the bike, since this courier charges by the pound.

If we do this, we´re in business! Let me know if there´s anything you think I´m missing.
cheers"

OK, So I Live in South America, it´s hard to find decent Bikes on an XL size. Pay Pal does give you Seller protection through Goods and Services as log as you ship it to the same address on the invoice, which will be the same as the one I register in my account.
too bad real scamming exists and causes people to lose trust and doing business. I really want that bike. ;(

I guess I´ll have to make a trip back to USA just to get a bike myself.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
jambikers wrote:

I'd suggest filing a claim in paypal, I've suspended his account until this is resolved.

Thanks

YOU Isaac are a Real superhero. Ban the baddies.

Let Superman go bash noughty aliens and meglomaniacs. Keeping PB safe effects us users more than any comic- book peep ever could. Thank you.

Posted: 23 hours ago Quote
Paid for some parts for the Trek bike I bought from Tarik and never received them after many messages (he replied to me many times saying he would ship but unfortunately never did after months). Love the bike and just wish the transaction we agreed on was carried out.

User: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ricochetrabbit/

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007866
Mobile Version of Website