Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
c57racing wrote:
Paid for some parts for the Trek bike I bought from Tarik and never received them after many messages (he replied to me many times saying he would ship but unfortunately never did after months). Love the bike and just wish the transaction we agreed on was carried out.

User: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ricochetrabbit/
replied to your note

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Please look into:

http://tsafur.pinkbike.com

I am new, and have not had a lot of experience on here, but I did communicate with this user through on here. After back and forth haggling, I've decided to sell him my Trek Speed Concept frame. Transaction was done through Paypal as adviced, and I packed the frame and ALL parts included in a separate box inside the bike box. I packed everything myself, even taped everything (screws and parts together) to make sure nothing is lost or misguided. My wife even witnessed everything I did and how I packed everything very well into the bike box. In fact, I forgot to include the saddle, and I even sent it separately via USPS Priority Mail to ensure a seamless transaction. I also messaged the buyer of this mishap, and let him know that it should arrive sooner than the frame, and to watchout for it in the mail. I believe this would also show good faith in all of this.

As soon as the bike box arrives, buyer (tsafur) messages me, and lists a number of parts missing. Everything that I had packed very well into a smaller box which I was very sure I had placed inside the bike box to also help secure the frame in place. Buyer continues to claim that he did not receive that box of parts, and of course now send a claim on Paypal for $400. I tried to even negotiate this amount to a more fair amount, but he was very firm about it. Of course I paid immediately, but it leaves me at such a big loss now with everything that has transpired. I believe this user is a regular scammer, and does this to get frames or parts at a much cheaper price.

If you will check our emails, I have asked him why he seems to have or buy many of this Trek Speed Concept frames, and he claims he has many wheelsets/parts so he builds them up... very questionable, but I did not think much of it. I did ask him though. He also used that to haggle my price down, as he claims he's bought a frame with complete parts for much cheaper than mine. It sounded like he buys frames often, and I feel that maybe he has victimized other seller on here. This really left a very bad experience for me here in Pinkbike, considering it seemed this was a very secure community.

Another instance, I had someone contact me directly via text message inquiring about another frame which I had just lowered the price on here. He claims his name is Dennis Robert from Chicago and his handle is RSH. No transaction was done since his approach was a red flag right from the get go.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
PNW420er wrote:
Please look into:

I am new, and have not had a lot of experience on here, but I did communicate with this user through on here. After back and forth haggling, I've decided to sell him my Trek Speed Concept frame. Transaction was done through Paypal as adviced, and I packed the frame and ALL parts included in a separate box inside the bike box. I packed everything myself, even taped everything (screws and parts together) to make sure nothing is lost or misguided. My wife even witnessed everything I did and how I packed everything very well into the bike box. In fact, I forgot to include the saddle, and I even sent it separately via USPS Priority Mail to ensure a seamless transaction. I also messaged the buyer of this mishap, and let him know that it should arrive sooner than the frame, and to watchout for it in the mail. I believe this would also show good faith in all of this.

As soon as the bike box arrives, buyer (tsafur) messages me, and lists a number of parts missing. Everything that I had packed very well into a smaller box which I was very sure I had placed inside the bike box to also help secure the frame in place. Buyer continues to claim that he did not receive that box of parts, and of course now send a claim on Paypal for $400. I tried to even negotiate this amount to a more fair amount, but he was very firm about it. Of course I paid immediately, but it leaves me at such a big loss now with everything that has transpired. I believe this user is a regular scammer, and does this to get frames or parts at a much cheaper price.

If you will check our emails, I have asked him why he seems to have or buy many of this Trek Speed Concept frames, and he claims he has many wheelsets/parts so he builds them up... very questionable, but I did not think much of it. I did ask him though. He also used that to haggle my price down, as he claims he's bought a frame with complete parts for much cheaper than mine. It sounded like he buys frames often, and I feel that maybe he has victimized other seller on here. This really left a very bad experience for me here in Pinkbike, considering it seemed this was a very secure community.

Another instance, I had someone contact me directly via text message inquiring about another frame which I had just lowered the price on here. He claims his name is Dennis Robert from Chicago and his handle is RSH. No transaction was done since his approach was a red flag right from the get go.

This is why I refuse to sell things to [people with a profile like his. Literally 7 people with empty profiles have asked about my crappoy dual crown I have for sale and one regular guy. If they look like tsafurs profile, don't bother. You can check them out by clicking on there name next to the title of the message they sent you (there name is highlighted in blue)

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
PNW420er wrote:
Please look into:

There is no Dennis Robert/RSH, your phone # listed in the ad information he pulled it from there - he's been mentioned in this thread before. With your # listed in the ad, there's little we can do to help on that front.

With PayPal being the payment utility used, they act as arbitrator for monetary disputes. I've only had a few cases turn into disputes over items stated to not be included, and assume they perceive this as a he said/she said generally erring towards the buyer protection.

Without doubting you, did you provide any proof of what was included in the box aside from the written statement - Paypal would likely accept that in their arbitration case.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:43 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
PNW420er wrote:
Please look into:

There is no Dennis Robert/RSH, your phone # listed in the ad information he pulled it from there - he's been mentioned in this thread before. With your # listed in the ad, there's little we can do to help on that front.

With PayPal being the payment utility used, they act as arbitrator for monetary disputes. I've only had a few cases turn into disputes over items stated to not be included, and assume they perceive this as a he said/she said generally erring towards the buyer protection.

Without doubting you, did you provide any proof of what was included in the box aside from the written statement - Paypal would likely accept that in their arbitration case.

Sadly, that is one of the important details I neglected to do.... In my head, I was going to take progress photos of every step i did, from disassembly to packing, and then shipping. Because I was short of time that day, I only managed to take photos of the actual packed bike box and shipping label. I know, it was a horrible mistake on my part.

I was quick to pay/refund through Paypal, I was so disgusted at the situation, and just wanted to get it done, and out of my horizon. But then I realized that PinkBike is a very secure community, and so here I am reporting and sharing my experience. Sucks really!

BTW his name is: HJ Choi/Trent Choi
email address is: trentchoi@gmail
Shipping Address: 3146 Aviamar Circle APT 201 Naples, FL 34114 United States

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
help im confused. im interested in buying a frame from a guy named under vshen116 on his account i saw he had a post from here, i cant tell if he reported someone or someone reported him?

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
VincentEllsworth wrote:
help im confused. im interested in buying a frame from a guy named under vshen116 on his account i saw he had a post from here, i cant tell if he reported someone or someone reported him?

vshen116 wrote:
Please let us know how the sale went, I have a similar offer sent to me 3 days ago using that same forwarding address from Jhundiaz5050. When I saw the forwarding address I got nervous.

He enquired about a user who had contacted him. He seems legit, but Isaac can always check out his account for you. I see no red flags from looking at his profile.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
User Sircrashalot1 (Garrett Mayberry) is trying to sell the bike he scammed me with on here again as a heads up. I've emailed PB & posted here in regards to this, not sure why he is still on the forums. Here's the bike fs:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2981633/

It has a broken/repaired seat tube that renders it unrideable. I have a statement and pictures from my LBS as well as a PayPal dispute that I "won".

PB mods, please do something about this user, so that others don't get scammed

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
We got another Bike24 scam. This Santa Cruz Bronson in Basel. Same email, same invoice, subtly diiferent email address (randomly inserted 'h')

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2996879/

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 5:36 Quote
andmor wrote:
We got another Bike24 scam. This Santa Cruz Bronson in Basel. Same email, same invoice, subtly diiferent email address (randomly inserted 'h')

banned, and marked as scammer. Thank you. can you shoot invoice over to buysell@pinkbike.com?

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
andmor wrote:

banned, and marked as scammer. Thank you. can you shoot invoice over to buysell@pinkbike.com?

Sure, gimme a sec.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 19:32 Quote
anyone ever seen paypal put a hold on your money? it wants a the tracking number of the item sold.. but im unsure how my money is released this is the first time i have ever seen this

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
anyone ever seen paypal put a hold on your money? it wants a the tracking number of the item sold.. but im unsure how my money is released this is the first time i have ever seen this

I believe it does that for higher amounts.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

I believe it does that for higher amounts.

yea it was 1000 bucks for a steel frame i was selling

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008721
Mobile Version of Website