Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
| Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
Hi guys

Yes I have just been scammed for £2500k!!!

I’m new to this site and tbh I’m so frustrated with myself.

Enduro30 has totally tricked me with false receipts, order numbers etc from bike24

If anyone can shed any info on Enduro30 it would be much appreciated

Thank you

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
msniki wrote:
dotalien wrote:

Good that you cross-check profiles. My profile is largely "empty" but can assure you I am a real person and enthusiastic buyer here on PB. Profiles like mine (with a legitimate user behind it) that are empty can exist for many reasons and shouldn't be flagged for scammer without cross-checking with other common signs of fraud . I am mainly a lurker and pretty private so my profile is bare minimum. My money is 100% real though Wink

Look, we are smack in the middle of an era where bots and scammers will start to outnumber real users 3 to 1 and increasing. They're still infantile (not full on AI controlled yet to mimic humans perfectly) but they are prevalent and invasive. I wouldn't doubt one second they've found they're way here on PB and were talking to them blindly in the classifieds.

We need more practical "human checks" and not just captcha walls. Best way is to engage inquiries with very specific 'human-esque' questions about the item that only humans can provide answers and gauge the response from there to start. This may be futile in the long run when AI starts going full on Terminator Matrix Skynet and Androids with a fleshy layer are indistinguishable from the slop that is us
Lol.

Full disclosure: I am an AI bot. Wink
What the fk is this ? Taking some of the good stuff a ?
First time i see stuff like this on pinkbike, THE AI take over had began !
Big Grin

LMAO!

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
ChristophC of Bellingham WA is not to be trusted. Shorted me a handful of parts, damaged bike showed up because he took it upon himself to pack it and had NO IDEA what he was doing, then promised to send the missing parts and subsequently blocked me from messaging him. Scumbag.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
Really? He has sold a bunch of stuff and been on here for quite a while. What parts? was he selling them on the bike or separately?

Mod Plus
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
Please be aware of "Jessica" at (570)230-8478 asking for home addresses and wanting to pay by personal check. There is no account associated that I can find at this time.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Really? He has sold a bunch of stuff and been on here for quite a while. What parts? was he selling them on the bike or separately?
You can message him and ask him why he's slacking all of a sudden, because I can't.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 2:30 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Please be aware of "Jessica" at (570)230-8478 asking for home addresses and wanting to pay by personal check. There is no account associated that I can find at this time.
It is not safe anymore here in Pinkbike to buy like never before.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 2:35 Quote
lakay wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
It is not safe anymore here in Pinkbike to buy like never before.

It's not safe online in general. Now social media has blown up, many scammers join sites to scam people.

I receive multiple message requests on Facebook from fake female profiles who would try to scam me if I was unaware and non-vigilant and wise to know they're scammers.

Unfortunately scammers will always target people online. You just need to use your common sense and be aware of anything suspicious. It's easy to spot a scammer if you stay aware and use your head.

Posted: 18 hours ago Quote
I have a bike for sale and have had 2 replies saying the price is right and they want to buy. Both say almost the exact thing; they want my full name, Address and phone number. Then they will UPS next day air a check to me and then I am to ship them the bike. If I didn’t get these 2 almost exact replies I wouldn’t be so skeptical. Sounds like a scam as they are not real concerned about the shipping aspect.

What form of payment should I ask for?

Any help is appreciated

Posted: 17 hours ago Quote
FrankWak wrote:
I have a bike for sale and have had 2 replies saying the price is right and they want to buy. Both say almost the exact thing; they want my full name, Address and phone number. Then they will UPS next day air a check to me and then I am to ship them the bike. If I didn’t get these 2 almost exact replies I wouldn’t be so skeptical. Sounds like a scam as they are not real concerned about the shipping aspect.

What form of payment should I ask for?

Any help is appreciated

Walk away...is an old scam. Check will be a forgery, and you will be out of a bike, with nothing to show for it.

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
Hammer48 wrote:

Walk away...is an old scam. Check will be a forgery, and you will be out of a bike, with nothing to show for it.

This. It's a common scam and you should avoid at all costs.

Posted: 12 hours ago Quote
If you ask to be paid by payPal, always have them send it as payment for goods/service. I only send things to people I have bought from before and trust with freinds/family. And most people don't ask for everything up front. I usually ask for a quote first (giving them my town, zip, and state, even though just the zip would do) then if we reach a price agreement, email for paypal and adress.

People who ask for all of that all at once are either really efficient (humans are lazy by nature, remember!), or a scammer wanting all of your info up front.

Also, check their profile!!!! If they have next to nothing on their profile, they are either really new and haven't had much to do with pb... or they are a lazy scammer.

My profile: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/rosemarywheel/

Potential scammer profile (this guy tried to buy something from me a few months ago) : https://www.pinkbike.com/u/NotoTIP/

Beer

Posted: 11 hours ago Quote
Thanks very much!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006204
Mobile Version of Website