Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
So the bike24 scam is still going and i think people still fall for this. Seller had bike from april 8 and it was only listing he had, also he registered same day he put it on sale

Realy smart way to scam, he was realy friendly, offered to send it with local bike shop so i thaught it is max safe. Then the invoice came thru email, and i asked if i can order extra tyres as it was coming thru their shop, luckly they did a mistake, when i decided to get other tires wich where litle bit cheaper but probably he was in hurry so he add them as one and added price litle bit bigger, so it made me curious and i checked email - sales@bike24h.com and if you google it, some funky stuff starts to apear. I was lucky to get out from this one before they ripped me of

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 1:26 Quote
Hello, I was also almost scammed with the same bike 24 method as described earlier by others. Someone wanted to sell me the bike and asked me to pay in advance to the bike store close to them, and I could not check the bike in person. They wrote me from an email address which was similar to bike24's real ones.

Dont ever send money here:

Account Name: Francesca Giometti
Beneficiary address: Segelfalterweg 32, 14532 Stahnsdorf, Germany
Bank Name: N26 Bank
IBAN: DE35100110012626560528
BIC: NTSBDEB1XXX
Bank address: Klosterstraße 62 10179 Berlin
Reason for payment: 12353486

Dont ever send money who contacts with these address:
sales@bike24h.com
+4915175953805
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/domlich300/

The scammer showed me an ID, may its fake or a lost one:
Dominik Lichtenthäler or Lichtenthaeler
I also sowed them my ID so may in my name they will register a new profile. I'm Ákos Tótiván form Budapest, and PM me if someone would sell anything in my name, but most probably it will be a scam!

Regards, ad be careful!
Akos

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 5:11 Quote
mrtotivan wrote:
Hello, I was also almost scammed with the same bike 24 method as described earlier by others. Someone wanted to sell me the bike and asked me to pay in advance to the bike store close to them, and I could not check the bike in person. They wrote me from an email address which was similar to bike24's real ones.

Dont ever send money here:

Account Name: Francesca Giometti
IBAN: DE35100110012626560528

Dont ever send money who contacts with these address:
sales@bike24h.com
+4915175953805
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/domlich300/

The scammer showed me an ID, may its fake or a lost one:
Dominik Lichtenthäler or Lichtenthaeler
I also sowed them my ID so may in my name they will register a new profile. I'm Ákos Tótiván form Budapest, and PM me if someone would sell anything in my name, but most probably it will be a scam!

Regards, ad be careful!
Akos

This is the same bank account they sent me!

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 17:08 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
Hi I have received a check for over 1000$ from this guy "fergusiom" it looks like he deleted his account. We have been talking via email.... who the hell sends a stranger a check for over 1000, anyway it might be a cashiers check scam. If anyone has any way of testing to see if it is I would be grateful. He wants me to break the check and give 75 to myself for a frame I am selling him and then wire the rest to some one else. Any suggestions?

I received a text message from 407 893 2420 number, no name, who told me they would send me a check without even asking for anything. i didnt give this person my info, i believe its a sacam.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 5:25 Quote
Good day.

I want to clearly show you that the number of subscribers does not mean anything. I bought 2 pairs of TLD shorts from a user of slag-society. He stated that the shorts were original. One pair is new, and one is worn only once and like new. We agreed on the price and delivery. Nothing aroused my suspicions. Moreover, slag-society has a lot of subscribers. What could go wrong?

The shorts he sent me is the most substandard Chinese replica I've ever seen. It is as far from the original as Stern is far from Santacruz.

When I caught him scamming, he started acting like a bastard, look.
All correspondence, photos and video evidence are listed below.

Don't buy anything from him. slag-society is a scammer.

Now I need to send the shorts back to America, and only then will Paypal return my money. It takes a lot of time. And no one will reimburse me for the shipping cost.

P.S. I am from Russia. And Americans have some concerns about long-distance deals. But I've already made some good deals with fine Americans. I bought a frame V10, a fork RS, hubs i9 from America, and from Canada I bought a transmission kit X01.

P.S. 2. Whoever has a developed Instagram channel, I ask you to respond in order to spread information about this user there as well.

Information about this scammer:
slag-society - https://www.pinkbike.com/u/slag-society/
http://slagsociety.com
slagsociety@yahoo.com
The name specified as the sender. And also the address of the scammer:
photo

https://dropmefiles.com/d2tUs - Unboxing video.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Thanks for attention. Be careful.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 5:33 Quote
What a complete idiot he is, file the claim and send them back. I got burned recently too on some fake goods, we worked it out though in the end. Either way it’s not on and that response is terrible

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 21:15 Quote
nwberm wrote:
dotalien wrote:
I am reporting user 'Mtber125' as a possible scammer unfortunately b/c we discussed a sale of a Cove Shocker Frame (https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3055238/) where my Paypal information was requested and sent, then communication ended with no response. No money sent fortunately but to mysteriously have absolutely zero reply after I send my important financial information, expecting a money request, is something that doesn't sit right with me. I don't even care if the item was sold. Just be helpful to hear either way.

I understand conversations end and sellers go with other buyers but this conversation went on at length (weeks) and taken to the point of money slated to be sent only to end abruptly the moment I send my Paypal information. Seller probably just went with another buyer as the item is now marked as sold but if others are having the same issue with this seller then at least there's a document case. Worst case, Mtber125 is a scammer farming financial information or just a seller with poor communication. Nevertheless, case is documented here on the forums.

I don't understand this. Can you clarify what info you gave to this user? Paypal information is usually just an email address (not financial information)

PayPal Information like an email address may seem harmless but could also be the same email you log into your account with. You dont necessarily want that to be public information and need to be selective who you give that to even with 2 factor authentication and IP/device restricted login. Anyone with your PayPal email is just that much closer to hacking your account even with the all the safeguards in place. You dont have to be paranoid that someone has your PayPal email but you should be smart and not so blase' about it either.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
nwberm wrote:
dotalien wrote:
I am reporting user 'Mtber125' as a possible scammer unfortunately b/c we discussed a sale of a Cove Shocker Frame (https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3055238/) where my Paypal information was requested and sent, then communication ended with no response. No money sent fortunately but to mysteriously have absolutely zero reply after I send my important financial information, expecting a money request, is something that doesn't sit right with me. I don't even care if the item was sold. Just be helpful to hear either way.

I understand conversations end and sellers go with other buyers but this conversation went on at length (weeks) and taken to the point of money slated to be sent only to end abruptly the moment I send my Paypal information. Seller probably just went with another buyer as the item is now marked as sold but if others are having the same issue with this seller then at least there's a document case. Worst case, Mtber125 is a scammer farming financial information or just a seller with poor communication. Nevertheless, case is documented here on the forums.

I don't understand this. Can you clarify what info you gave to this user? Paypal information is usually just an email address (not financial information)

He sounds hurt.. the seller decided to go with someone else and he's mad

Sorry dude. Your gaslighting wont work with me. Nobody in their right mind is going to lose any sleep over a used Cove Shocker. If the seller isnt a scammer...no loss. But if he was, then he just got called out and that's good for the entire PinkBike Community. More interesting to me is why are you low-key defending scammers?

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
Scammer alert:

Hello my name is james....like to know if your bicycle still available,mail me back if still available..driverjames30 At gmail

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:16 Quote
@mizgann-fr, Sorry that guy was such an @$$...

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 3:42 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
What a complete idiot he is, file the claim and send them back. I got burned recently too on some fake goods, we worked it out though in the end. Either way it’s not on and that response is terrible
Yes, I sent the shorts back. Thank you!
I thought about putting in my pocket a small letter that would teach him how to talk to strangers. But it's not worth my ink Big Grin
rosemarywheel wrote:
Thank's man! It's okay, it was an experience for me. In any case, according to my modest statistics, there are much more decent cool Americans!

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
mizgann-fr wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
Yes, I sent the shorts back. Thank you!
I thought about putting in my pocket a small letter that would teach him how to talk to strangers. But it's not worth my ink Big Grin
rosemarywheel wrote:
Thank's man! It's okay, it was an experience for me. In any case, according to my modest statistics, there are much more decent cool Americans!

Rising above, Mate! Karma will bite one day...

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
BOLO (Be on the look out): Have any of your deals failed b/c the seller backed at the last second? Read on...

The last few deals I've had as a buyer fell through at the very last second nearly to the moment I provided my paypal email for an invoice to various sellers of those particular deals. Odds are it's a coincidence but I do want to put up a thread here just in case others have had the same experience. It's pretty rare for a seller and buyer to come to terms, exchange payment info and for the deal to collapse at the final minute. Yes, it's happens and maybe more frequently than you would think. But to happen several times in a row? And for the same reason? In my case, both sellers claimed the item "just sold locally and is no longer available." shortly after agreeing to sell to me. That's worth noting. If it's nothing then it's nothing and no loss.

But if in fact it's a trend then that would be pretty disturbing implications of nefarious & sophisticated powers at play in the marketplace probably phishing for personal financial information. Again, I am pretty sure it's a coincidence but let us as buyers communicate out in the open just in case it's an actual indication of something more sinister at play.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
I have had that happen to, @Dotalien but not always after giving my address or anything. Sometimes people are just to lazy to wrap up a frame and ship it if they can get $700 smackeroos from a local guy and apoligize later once I wonder where the hell my shipping quote is.

...damn I wanted that Soul Cycles Sluggo so bad Frown

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Same bike24 scammer tried to scam me for this:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3035923/

by this guy:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/hartchristian/

trying to get me to pay:
Account Name: Giulia Gualdoni
IBAN: DE75100110012628103466

Please beware!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016358
Mobile Version of Website