Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 5:33 Quote
What a complete idiot he is, file the claim and send them back. I got burned recently too on some fake goods, we worked it out though in the end. Either way it’s not on and that response is terrible

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 21:15 Quote
nwberm wrote:
dotalien wrote:
I am reporting user 'Mtber125' as a possible scammer unfortunately b/c we discussed a sale of a Cove Shocker Frame (https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3055238/) where my Paypal information was requested and sent, then communication ended with no response. No money sent fortunately but to mysteriously have absolutely zero reply after I send my important financial information, expecting a money request, is something that doesn't sit right with me. I don't even care if the item was sold. Just be helpful to hear either way.

I understand conversations end and sellers go with other buyers but this conversation went on at length (weeks) and taken to the point of money slated to be sent only to end abruptly the moment I send my Paypal information. Seller probably just went with another buyer as the item is now marked as sold but if others are having the same issue with this seller then at least there's a document case. Worst case, Mtber125 is a scammer farming financial information or just a seller with poor communication. Nevertheless, case is documented here on the forums.

I don't understand this. Can you clarify what info you gave to this user? Paypal information is usually just an email address (not financial information)

PayPal Information like an email address may seem harmless but could also be the same email you log into your account with. You dont necessarily want that to be public information and need to be selective who you give that to even with 2 factor authentication and IP/device restricted login. Anyone with your PayPal email is just that much closer to hacking your account even with the all the safeguards in place. You dont have to be paranoid that someone has your PayPal email but you should be smart and not so blase' about it either.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
nwberm wrote:
dotalien wrote:
I am reporting user 'Mtber125' as a possible scammer unfortunately b/c we discussed a sale of a Cove Shocker Frame (https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3055238/) where my Paypal information was requested and sent, then communication ended with no response. No money sent fortunately but to mysteriously have absolutely zero reply after I send my important financial information, expecting a money request, is something that doesn't sit right with me. I don't even care if the item was sold. Just be helpful to hear either way.

I understand conversations end and sellers go with other buyers but this conversation went on at length (weeks) and taken to the point of money slated to be sent only to end abruptly the moment I send my Paypal information. Seller probably just went with another buyer as the item is now marked as sold but if others are having the same issue with this seller then at least there's a document case. Worst case, Mtber125 is a scammer farming financial information or just a seller with poor communication. Nevertheless, case is documented here on the forums.

I don't understand this. Can you clarify what info you gave to this user? Paypal information is usually just an email address (not financial information)

He sounds hurt.. the seller decided to go with someone else and he's mad

Sorry dude. Your gaslighting wont work with me. Nobody in their right mind is going to lose any sleep over a used Cove Shocker. If the seller isnt a scammer...no loss. But if he was, then he just got called out and that's good for the entire PinkBike Community. More interesting to me is why are you low-key defending scammers?

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
Scammer alert:

Hello my name is james....like to know if your bicycle still available,mail me back if still available..driverjames30 At gmail

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:16 Quote
@mizgann-fr, Sorry that guy was such an @$$...

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 3:42 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
What a complete idiot he is, file the claim and send them back. I got burned recently too on some fake goods, we worked it out though in the end. Either way it’s not on and that response is terrible
Yes, I sent the shorts back. Thank you!
I thought about putting in my pocket a small letter that would teach him how to talk to strangers. But it's not worth my ink Big Grin
rosemarywheel wrote:
Thank's man! It's okay, it was an experience for me. In any case, according to my modest statistics, there are much more decent cool Americans!

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
mizgann-fr wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
Yes, I sent the shorts back. Thank you!
I thought about putting in my pocket a small letter that would teach him how to talk to strangers. But it's not worth my ink Big Grin
rosemarywheel wrote:
Thank's man! It's okay, it was an experience for me. In any case, according to my modest statistics, there are much more decent cool Americans!

Rising above, Mate! Karma will bite one day...

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
BOLO (Be on the look out): Have any of your deals failed b/c the seller backed at the last second? Read on...

The last few deals I've had as a buyer fell through at the very last second nearly to the moment I provided my paypal email for an invoice to various sellers of those particular deals. Odds are it's a coincidence but I do want to put up a thread here just in case others have had the same experience. It's pretty rare for a seller and buyer to come to terms, exchange payment info and for the deal to collapse at the final minute. Yes, it's happens and maybe more frequently than you would think. But to happen several times in a row? And for the same reason? In my case, both sellers claimed the item "just sold locally and is no longer available." shortly after agreeing to sell to me. That's worth noting. If it's nothing then it's nothing and no loss.

But if in fact it's a trend then that would be pretty disturbing implications of nefarious & sophisticated powers at play in the marketplace probably phishing for personal financial information. Again, I am pretty sure it's a coincidence but let us as buyers communicate out in the open just in case it's an actual indication of something more sinister at play.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
I have had that happen to, @Dotalien but not always after giving my address or anything. Sometimes people are just to lazy to wrap up a frame and ship it if they can get $700 smackeroos from a local guy and apoligize later once I wonder where the hell my shipping quote is.

...damn I wanted that Soul Cycles Sluggo so bad Frown

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Same bike24 scammer tried to scam me for this:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3035923/

by this guy:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/hartchristian/

trying to get me to pay:
Account Name: Giulia Gualdoni
Beneficiary address: Segelfalterweg 32, 14532 Stahnsdorf, Germany
Bank Name: N26 Bank
IBAN: DE75100110012628103466
BIC: NTSBDEB1XXX
Bank address: Klosterstraße 62 10179 Berlin
Reason for payment: 12353486

Please beware!

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
I feel compelled to share my horrible experience with the online vendor "bikedescent". I received a partial order, of terrible quality, and never received the balance of my order. They ignored my emails, made empty promises about pending delivery, or ignored my messages, and ultimately skunked me. I had to contest the charge with my credit card provider but they fought back and had the charges re-instated. They will go to great lengths to (legally?) steal your money. Stay away.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
Alvelo wrote:
I feel compelled to share my horrible experience with the online vendor "bikedescent". I received a partial order, of terrible quality, and never received the balance of my order. They ignored my emails, made empty promises about pending delivery, or ignored my messages, and ultimately skunked me. I had to contest the charge with my credit card provider but they fought back and had the charges re-instated. They will go to great lengths to (legally?) steal your money. Stay away.

Online vender? eBay? PinkBike? where? need mo' information...

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 9:24 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Schowny/
@Schowny

I bought a frame from this guy and the rear shock didn't show up with it. He claims customs took it, and he said he will make a claim with the shipping company as he suspects they took it. He made the claim to get money from the shipment company (Purolator) and after gathering all the info, proceeded to block me on this site and all others. Looks like he took the money and ran.

Now that he has drug this on for so long, I'm no longer able to do a PayPal claim, so he unfortunately has won here. Stay away from this buyer. I would hate for this to happen to others.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 21:02 Quote
cpack14 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Schowny/
@Schowny

I bought a frame from this guy and the rear shock didn't show up with it. He claims customs took it, and he said he will make a claim with the shipping company as he suspects they took it. He made the claim to get money from the shipment company (Purolator) and after gathering all the info, proceeded to block me on this site and all others. Looks like he took the money and ran.

Now that he has drug this on for so long, I'm no longer able to do a PayPal claim, so he unfortunately has won here. Stay away from this buyer. I would hate for this to happen to others.

BS. Why the *beep* would customs care about a tube with a spring on it. Fire his @$$, PinkBike! Or send him a note to send the shock or you'll fire his ass... maybe he has been on here long enough he won't want to start all over again.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 17:41 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/chriswiker/

Responded to a Wanted ad I posted (https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3110484/), and provided pictures of a frame that met my criteria. We agreed on a price and I tried to send payment via Venmo to "his wife's account." Wouldn't go through so I had to send it to his "good buddy" instead- they work together. That went sideways too when I accidentally used paypal instead of venmo, so the "friend" refunded the payment and he had me send it to his "business" paypal account.

Everything seemed legit (ignoring the weird red flags about payment), until I asked about shipping information. Then I got a song and dance about how his good friend is screwing him over and the "local feds" have been called in to try to get me a refund. No refund has been given and no shipping information has been provided.

It's only been three days, but I'm posting this because of all the red flags pointing to a scam. He was online 16 minutes ago, so I decided to post this before he can strike again.

Beware!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006972
Mobile Version of Website