Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
bigbjl wrote:
I am a victim of a scammer by the name of flecherbikes 4 weeks ago I sent him money for a shock he got his money but I didn't get the part and he's not even communicating with me

Are you talking about user 'fletcherbikes' here:
https://m.pinkbike.com/u/FletcherBikes/
???

I can confirm FletcherBikes above is 100% legitimate. I have done business with Fletcher recently and received my order as agreed. Pretty flawless exchange.

It would seem unlikely and uncharacteristic for him to run off with your money. He operates an LBS and is pretty reputable on PinkBike.

I did notice a bit of delay in communication a bit with him since the season started. I've been attempting to make another order (he owns a shop). Maybe he's out riding more? He would definitely require multiple instances of not following through on orders just to get on the admins radar and that's just for a general wellness check in case he's under medical leave of absence or something.

I hope it works out with you and Fletcher soon. Unless someone's spoofing his account I can personally attest to making a purchase from FletcherBikes and receiving my order pretty flawlessly.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 16:20 Quote
You not being scammed is irrelevant to him being scammed. Many scammers here have previously very good history of sales.

It's like highschool. You do great on grades. You've got good friends. You pack good healthy lunches. You pissed your pants at lunch break. Guess which one of these things is going to earn you a nickname?

I'd let the mods sort it out and go from there.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 17:31 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You not being scammed is irrelevant to him being scammed. Many scammers here have previously very good history of sales.

It's like highschool. You do great on grades. You've got good friends. You pack good healthy lunches. You pissed your pants at lunch break. Guess which one of these things is going to earn you a nickname?

I agree with your main point. Read my last paragraph. I did not say just bc I had a good experience that he didnt get ripped off. It wouldn't make any sense to commit to that. My point is as stated: I had a great experience with Fletcher. He deserves the benefit of the doubt and I hope it works out between the two and would be curious about a follow up.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
dotalien wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I agree with your main point. Read my last paragraph. I did not say just bc I had a good experience that he didnt get ripped off. It wouldn't make any sense to commit to that. My point is as stated: I had a great experience with Fletcher. He deserves the benefit of the doubt and I hope it works out between the two and would be curious about a follow up.

Definetly, I have bought from him several times as well. Good chap...

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
bigbjl wrote:
I am a victim of a scammer by the name of flecherbikes 4 weeks ago I sent him money for a shock he got his money but I didn't get the part and he's not even communicating with me

How did you pay for the shock.? If paypal for goods and services, you can file a claim with them for a refund.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
Okay going on my 5th week now still waiting for my shock

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
I even gave him $20 for shipping for a speedy delivery

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
I also tried to get a tracking number from him which he couldn’t deliver

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 21:41 Quote
bigbjl wrote:
I also tried to get a tracking number from him which he couldn’t deliver

Sounds like FletcherBikes went MIA and maybe for a legit reason? If you did PayPal Goods then you will surely have recourse and a guaranteed refund coming your way.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
Wait for a moderator response, don't need the thread getting clogged.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
Regretfully I have no choice but to report lionscycleworks for suspicious/negligent activity. I purchased a Boxer U-Turn fork from him nearly 2 weeks ago and he never sent it. He did refund me but really had no other choice (always pay via PayPal Goods).

I noticed the ad for the fork I bought was still up a week after paying him for it so I contacted him for a tracking # to confirm it was shipped (and not still for sale). I did not hear back from him for about 5 days after paying so I was expecting a tracking # or the fork to arrive in matter of days at this point.

Nope.

He responded to my request for a tracking # with a contrived excuse claiming the fork was now "broken" and that he can't send it, issued a refund then split out the backdoor really fast without substantiating his claim. He said the dropout was 'cracked' so too bad and go away. I have a spare set of the same fork non-operational so the fork I bought from him was still viable for me. I requested photos and a clearer explanation of the condition of my fork over the course of 4 days following only to be ignored. He finally wrote back called me an a-hole and to stop harassing him.

He went from accepting my money to accusing me of harassment in the next message (where typically you would get shipping confirmation). He pretty much insinuated that I am a waste of time and should be thankful to even get a refund (which I was going to get whether he decided or not).

Leaving the ad up and with no proof it was broken while responding in a highly defensive manner is all evidence to me that he was lying and probably double dealing (took my money then entertained more buyers then sold it under more ideal terms for himself). He did mention general disapproval for the PayPal "hold" on funds until delivery but never mentioned any deal breaking terms.

I am glad I paid with PayPal Goods bc if I didn't I probably would never have gotten my money back. lionscycleworks claims to operate an LBS but his treatment of well intentioned customers tells otherwise that he has no business dealing in the marketplace.

I don't want throw an LBS under the bus that's having a bad day. If lionscycleworks wants to step into this conversation and substantiate the claims of why my fork wasn't delivered then I am open to reconciliation on some level. He treated me like sh*t but I could get past that in place of substantiation and a general display of civility. If dude was having a bad day so be it. We can get past that. But if he's out to rip people off and is mad that I protected myself efficiently then that's a whole other thing.

I'd like the permission of the admins to consider posting screenshots of my conversation thread with him. It could serve as insight on how to both conduct and protect yourself professionally as a buyer against sellers who otherwise don't.

Edit to add: I can prove that I closed several deals with private sellers shortly after this deal went sour. I received my purchases in the mail from them long after lionscycleworks could even muster a message back to me. And he runs an LBS (?) I am so confused⁉️

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
dotalien wrote:
Regretfully I have no choice but to report lionscycleworks for fraudulent activity. I purchased a Boxer U-Turn fork from him nearly 2 weeks ago and he never sent it. He did refund me but really had no other choice (always pay via PayPal Goods).

I noticed the ad for the fork I bought was still up a week after paying him for it so I contacted him for a tracking # to confirm it was shipped (and not still for sale). I did not hear back from him for about 5 days after paying so I was expecting a tracking # or the fork to arrive in matter of days at this point.

Nope.

He responded to my request for a tracking # with a contrived excuse claiming the fork was now "broken" and that he can't send it, issued a refund then split out the backdoor really fast without substantiating his claim. He said the dropout was 'cracked' so too bad and go away. I have a spare set of the same fork non-operational so the fork I bought from him was still viable for me. I requested photos and a clearer explanation of the condition of my fork over the course of 4 days following only to be ignored. He finally wrote back called me an a-hole and to stop harassing him.

He went from accepting my money to accusing me of harassment in the next message where typically you would get shipping confirmation. He pretty much insinuated that I am a waste of time and should be thankful to even get a refund (which I was going to get whether he decided or not).

Leaving the ad up and with no proof it was broken while responding in a highly defensive manner is all evidence to me that he was lying and probably double dealed (took my money then entertained more buyers and sold it under more ideal terms for himself). He did mention general disapproval for the PayPal "hold" on funds until delivery but never mentioned any deal breaking terms.

I am glad I paid with PayPal Goods bc if I didn't I probably would never have gotten my money back. lionscycleworks claims to operate an LBS but his treatment of well intentioned customers tells otherwise that he has no business dealing in the marketplace.

I don't want throw an LBS under the bus that's having a bad day. If lionscycleworks wants to step into this conversation and substantiate the claims of why my fork wasn't delivered then I am open to reconciliation on some level. He treated me like sh*t but I could get past that in place of substantiation and a general display of civility. If dude was having a bad day so be it. We can get past that. But if he's out to rip people off and is mad that I protected myself efficiently then that's a whole other thing.

I'd like the permission of the admins to consider posting screenshots of my conversation thread with him. It could serve as insight on how to both conduct and protect yourself professionally as a buyer against sellers who otherwise don't.

Edit to add: I can prove that I closed several deals with private sellers shortly after this deal went sour. I received my purchases in the mail from them long after lionscycleworks could even muster a message back to me. And he runs an LBS (?)

Shame to see an LBS act like this.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
@dotalien, sorry to hear that Mate. I have bought a couple of larger things from Lion, and he shipped pretty quick and the price was decent. But if he was being nasty without any explanation, then there is no excuse.

He does mention in his new ad for a Foes frame that he is trying to close a very big purchase on Friday (House? Car? Health related expenses?) so he could be very stressed right now... but he should have just explained what was going on.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 20:15 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
@dotalien, sorry to hear that Mate. I have bought a couple of larger things from Lion, and he shipped pretty quick and the price was decent. But if he was being nasty without any explanation, then there is no excuse.

He does mention in his new ad for a Foes frame that he is trying to close a very big purchase on Friday (House? Car? Health related expenses?) so he could be very stressed right now... but he should have just explained what was going on.

Thanks for the understanding mate. Dealing with Lion initially he seemed like a stand up guy. When I looked into his LBS I was confident I was in good hands. This is why I am so taken aback. And this is also why he deserves a chance to speak up and add some clarity to the conversation. I am more than happy to post up our entire conversation for the world to see. The odds of a deal breaking down at the 11th hour between private parties are slim. When an LBS is involved even slimmer.

Now, I want to be wrong but my gut tells me he entertained more buyers by leaving the add up then under cut me with someone else who was willing to send cash outside of PayPal Goods (no hold, no fees) then he hung me out to dry with a contrived excuse hoping I would just go away.

Whatever the reason, an LBS is only as good as their reputation. You get that with the understanding that it's not just bikes your're selling, you are selling yourself and how well you treat those that need your help.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008854
Mobile Version of Website