Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 6:39 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/24hr-7/ is 100% a scam. They got me last week and now have reposted the same bike and pics on a different profile and location.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3135968/

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 17:40 Quote
Deadclmbr wrote:
So I can't say for sure, but I feel there is something fishy about recent replies to an item I have for sale. Nobody making any offers, then boom...three offers in one day from people who all say they are local and tell me I don't have to mess with shipping. 2 gave me phone numbers to send them more photos of my sale items. The phone numbers they gave me are from different parts of the country. I have not replied and something tells me that when it feels fishy, it probably is.

Good on ya' Mate. I always like to check the date there profiles were made too. Sometimes you will find some sort of weird connection like that and find four "different" people all created on the same day and following each other...

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
I am pretty sure this bike is a scam https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3139398/.

The dude will only keep communication in the chat. He finally called me and it was from a voip number. The call quality was absolute trash like a foreign voip phone, the number said Canada even though he lives in Lakewood California, he had a thick Indian accent, and it sounded like a bunch of people speaking punjabi in the background. He did not speak English well at all. He also won’t provide any proof he owns the bike. He wont video chat me with the bike, he wont send any pic with him and the bike or any other type of proof pic, and isn’t okay to pick up in person. Beware!

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
Beware of " Lorihrke" she is Cecilia Kamau from Nairobi Kenya !?
She almost got my money and said she was from Auburn Alabama.
I asked for id and she refused. Beware !!
She is "selling an AXS seat post and Hope disc brakes.
She joined pinkbike on 8/31/21

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
Just received this txt message for a bike I have for sale.. local sale only. Geeze!!

Thanks for your response,am okay with the price and condition,i will like you to remove the post as am sure buying from you,i will issue a certified bank check to you and once you get the check and clears your bank,i will engage the service of a shipper for pickup at your address,get back to me with your info to mail out check,i will need this info such as

Full Name :
Address or P.O Box:
City :
State and Zip Code:

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
ackerley72 wrote:
Just received this txt message for a bike I have for sale.. local sale only. Geeze!!

Thanks for your response,am okay with the price and condition,i will like you to remove the post as am sure buying from you,i will issue a certified bank check to you and once you get the check and clears your bank,i will engage the service of a shipper for pickup at your address,get back to me with your info to mail out check,i will need this info such as

Full Name :
Address or P.O Box:
City :
State and Zip Code:

Can't believe these clowns are still using this scam after all this time.... Morons.

Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
no shit, right !?!? Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
They think we are stupid !?

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
He’s been on the site 20 years, sold over 100 items and you’re calling him out because he hasn’t responded to 5 messages in 6 days?? You sound like a lot of work!! I’m pretty sure you’ll get your item and always pay friends and family as per the big yellow banner in all of your multiple messages

5 messages in 6 days when sending funds and no response. Totally reasonable and sounds like the dude is twat scammer.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 0:47 Quote
Gerhardmn10 - this guy sold me a whole bike without telling me that carbon rims were badly damaged .and now asking to cover the cost. 150 usd offer? like for real? can someone block this dude from selling again please. now i cant even find a good replacement

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
The user apocalypsecyclery forced me into a PayPal dispute today.

User: http://www.pinkbike.com/u/apocalypsecyclery/
Ad: http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3144578/

I purchased the custom ti 29-plus frame built by Blaze Bikes from him. Everything seemed fine and the price was reasonable at $1200, so I paid with no questions through PayPal G&S.

Before it was delivered I thought to give Blaze a ring to glean some build info and whatever other insights. He immediately remembered the frame and told me about it:

The seller had the builder make him a titanium Trek Stache copy. The builder was not keen on the elevated chain stay but did it. The chain stay broke at the ST weld under normal trail riding. The builder re-welded it, stating the frame is not a reliable design nor in reliable condition. The chain stay broke again. The builder refused to repair it a second time and told him the frame should not be used. The owner of the frame subsequently had someone else repair the frame. Then he put it up for sale.

No indication of this history was mentioned in the ad. I told the seller about the conversation I’d had with the builder, that I would be refusing the delivery, and that PayPal agrees with my position and will open a dispute on my behalf if needed. At this point the seller agreed about the past frame breakage and stated that that was why the price was so low. (In effect admitting the ad was deceptive.) The seller agreed to refund me in full when the frame was returned.

Once returned and after some foot dragging, he refunded me $1100 – $100 short of the price I paid, stating that it was “fair” that he not incur PayPal and shipping fees. PayPal will attempt to contact him to pay the remaining hundred, and it will refund me if he doesn't.

It makes sense that someone who would try to get one over on an unsuspecting frame buyer would also try to pinch a hundred bucks out of his failed transaction. This guy is an unabashed rip-off (and a bit of a sweet talker) – steer clear!

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
rider001 wrote:

I purchased the custom ti 29-plus frame built by Blaze Bikes from him. Everything seemed fine and the price was reasonable at $1200, so I paid with no questions through PayPal G&S.

Before it was delivered I thought to give Blaze a ring to glean some build info and whatever other insights. He immediately remembered the frame and told me about it:

The seller had the builder make him a titanium Trek Stache copy. The builder was not keen on the elevated chain stay but did it. The chain stay broke at the ST weld under normal trail riding. The builder re-welded it, stating the frame is not a reliable design nor in reliable condition. The chain stay broke again. The builder refused to repair it a second time and told him the frame should not be used. The owner of the frame subsequently had someone else repair the frame. Then he put it up for sale.

No indication of this history was mentioned in the ad. I told the seller about the conversation I’d had with the builder, that I would be refusing the delivery, and that PayPal agrees with my position and will open a dispute on my behalf if needed. At this point the seller agreed about the past frame breakage and stated that that was why the price was so low. (In effect admitting the ad was deceptive.) The seller agreed to refund me in full when the frame was returned.

Once returned and after some foot dragging, he refunded me $1100 – $100 short of the price I paid, stating that it was “fair” that he not incur PayPal and shipping fees. PayPal will attempt to contact him to pay the remaining hundred, and it will refund me if he doesn't.

It makes sense that someone who would try to get one over on an unsuspecting frame buyer would also try to pinch a hundred bucks out of his failed transaction. This guy is an unabashed rip-off (and a bit of a sweet talker) – steer clear!

Why would you buy such a dumb looking frame in the first place?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
rider001 wrote:

Way to rub salt in the poor guys wounds, ZM.

Last I checked, insulting someone's taste in bikes wasn't high on the list of ways to attract new customers. But if pretension and alienation is your thing, keep it up I guess?

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
So
ahootes wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
rider001 wrote:

Way to rub salt in the poor guys wounds, ZM.

Last I checked, insulting someone's taste in bikes wasn't high on the list of ways to attract new customers. But if pretension and alienation is your thing, keep it up I guess?

Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, but that frame did not look safe at all:

photo

The reason I said dumb was more in refence to the weld he is talking about. It just doesn't look safe to begin with.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
For clarification, the frame looks very very unsafe and my comment regarding dumbness has to do with the weld being in that manner. I don't understand how it could have the support needed for long term riding abuse.

To clarify the seller is bad for not mentioning it and not clarifying about the issue.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016507
Mobile Version of Website