Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
As well below is an image of Blaze's typical MTB frame:
photo

As you can see, the position of this chain stay is not on the seat post.

It's a dumb design that just doesn't make sense. Clearly the custom frame's design was flawed to begin with.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 18:14 Quote
All good! This post can be deleted!
Thanks

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
After a lengthy drawn out series of messages with Zapomnialem (https://m.pinkbike.com/u/Zapomnialem/) I decided to remove my bike from sale. He kept pushing for part payments and even sent payment via PayPal using the friends and family option. I refunded immediately and requested they use the service payment option to no avail.

Please watch out for this "buyer"

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
.. exactly why when I sold on Ebay, it was no Paypal, only USPS money order upfront.

And when I stopped selling on Ebay, it was local sale cash in person only.

I understand I am avoiding nationwide/worldwide marketshare, but I dislike stress and I really like to always win 100% of the time.

Story of my life.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 19:15 Quote
Anyone ever deal with this guy? https://www.pinkbike.com/u/emersonfrank/

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 18:07 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/u/JosephVanRoekel/

Unfortunately, I believe I have been scammed by Joseph VanRoekel. I paid for a Pivot Point DJ and helmet last Wednesday (9/15). Asked for shipping and tracking Friday and Saturday. Got response that it was shipped Friday, but he was traveling and didn't have tracking number. Now 9/24 and no bike nor a tracking number even after multiple requests. I see he still has multiple bikes and items for sale and is online multiple times per day, but still doesn't answer my request.. Had long list of sales over multiple years and great communication until after got $.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 3:24 Quote
Hricko wrote:

Unfortunately, I believe I have been scammed by Joseph VanRoekel. I paid for a Pivot Point DJ and helmet last Wednesday (9/15). Asked for shipping and tracking Friday and Saturday. Got response that it was shipped Friday, but he was traveling and didn't have tracking number. Now 9/24 and no bike nor a tracking number even after multiple requests. I see he still has multiple bikes and items for sale and is online multiple times per day, but still doesn't answer my request.. Had long list of sales over multiple years and great communication until after got $.

I’m not a mod but have fired him a message, unsure what (if anything) will come from it but his history and profile looks solid, so fingers crossed he does the right thing

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:53 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Hricko wrote:

I’m not a mod but have fired him a message, unsure what (if anything) will come from it but his history and profile looks solid, so fingers crossed he does the right thing

Thank you! I agree. The history and initial communication looked solid. I even "Googled" the name and paypal email address prior and there is a profile of a Joseph VanRoekel on Instagram that would match the history. There is a real guy that lives in Aurora CO and does enduro motorcycle, downhill/dirt jumping and rock climbing that seems to be sponsored by many brands.

He has completely ghosted me since last Saturday though. All documented through messages on Pinkbike and PP. It would be nice to clear his name and get the bike and helmet.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:57 Quote
Hricko wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
Hricko wrote:

Thank you! I agree. The history and initial communication looked solid. I even "Googled" the name and paypal email address prior and there is a profile of a Joseph VanRoekel on Instagram that would match the history. There is a real guy that lives in Aurora CO and does enduro motorcycle, downhill/dirt jumping and rock climbing that seems to be sponsored by many brands.

He has completely ghosted me since last Saturday though. All documented through messages on Pinkbike and PP. It would be nice to clear his name and get the bike and helmet.

Yeah indeed , he’s read the message so let’s hope he gets in touch

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Hricko wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:

Yeah indeed , he’s read the message so let’s hope he gets in touch

Thank you! He has reached out today with a tracking number. It shipped last Thursday. I am hoping for the best, but will still be guarded until it is in my hands and matches what was advertised. I will report back to clear his name if it is. I am still very hopeful. I thank you for all assistance!

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
I have a related question about incidents like this "Hricko vs. JosephVanRoekel".

Surely this is all fairly weighted as word of one against one other?

Is there a judge/jury/executioner that gives "JosephVanRoekel" the perm banhammer that is solely based on testimony of one "Hricko"?

Because from what I have seen so far, I am scared crapless to ever sell anything here.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
@soyabeans and @sewer-rat. I am back to report that the bike actually showed up today and I can attest that Joseph Van Roekel is legit. I would like to apologize for running through this, but I really had concern that I kissed $1650 goodbye....

From my side, I can tell you that I kept communication on PinkBike. There were 29 messages in one string and I sent two other strings as well.

Joseph was extremely quick to respond to all questions before I sent the money. He offered Venmo and PP. I am not a Venmo user so I looked at it and there is no buyer protection, so I went PP. I desired an invoice from him and wrote it. He sent it to me. I paid and he responded he would give me tracker when it shipped in the next couple days.

3 days passed and I heard nothing so I sent a message. No answer even though I had seen he was online at times keeping other listing live. After a second message stream, he stated it sent Friday and would send tracking Monday....Tuesday came, no tracker, I sent another message, no response, Wednesday, same thing, Thursday same thing. I sent a message in the string expressing my concerns and stating if I didn't hear back by Friday (a week after he claimed to send) I'd have to consider it fraudulent. Still no answer and I had seen activity online again....seemed I was being ignored.

Posted this on Saturday and Sewer-rat helped out some. I was contacted by seller with tracking number. His claim was he was busy during the week and forgot to send tracking number....I'd like to believe that could be true.

Long story short....communication after the sale is key. If someone drops $1000+, it is not a small purchase. Answer your buyer, especially if your buyer is asking questions. As a seller, one other thing you could do is use an LBS as a broker if you like. Tell the buyer you will drop it off at an LBS and the buyer can contact them to set up shipping.

Ultimately, I'd like to clear Joseph's name as a seller. In the end, I got what I had bought.....even though there was much concern and frustration, I believe that things may come up.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
soyabeans wrote:
I have a related question about incidents like this "Hricko vs. JosephVanRoekel".

Surely this is all fairly weighted as word of one against one other?

Is there a judge/jury/executioner that gives "JosephVanRoekel" the perm banhammer that is solely based on testimony of one "Hricko"?

Because from what I have seen so far, I am scared crapless to ever sell anything here.
I wrote a response below without quoting your post....

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
Hricko wrote:
@soyabeans and @sewer-rat. I am back to report that the bike actually showed up today and I can attest that Joseph Van Roekel is legit. I would like to apologize for running through this, but I really had concern that I kissed $1650 goodbye....

From my side, I can tell you that I kept communication on PinkBike. There were 29 messages in one string and I sent two other strings as well.

Joseph was extremely quick to respond to all questions before I sent the money. He offered Venmo and PP. I am not a Venmo user so I looked at it and there is no buyer protection, so I went PP. I desired an invoice from him and wrote it. He sent it to me. I paid and he responded he would give me tracker when it shipped in the next couple days.

3 days passed and I heard nothing so I sent a message. No answer even though I had seen he was online at times keeping other listing live. After a second message stream, he stated it sent Friday and would send tracking Monday....Tuesday came, no tracker, I sent another message, no response, Wednesday, same thing, Thursday same thing. I sent a message in the string expressing my concerns and stating if I didn't hear back by Friday (a week after he claimed to send) I'd have to consider it fraudulent. Still no answer and I had seen activity online again....seemed I was being ignored.

Posted this on Saturday and Sewer-rat helped out some. I was contacted by seller with tracking number. His claim was he was busy during the week and forgot to send tracking number....I'd like to believe that could be true.

Long story short....communication after the sale is key. If someone drops $1000+, it is not a small purchase. Answer your buyer, especially if your buyer is asking questions. As a seller, one other thing you could do is use an LBS as a broker if you like. Tell the buyer you will drop it off at an LBS and the buyer can contact them to set up shipping.

Ultimately, I'd like to clear Joseph's name as a seller. In the end, I got what I had bought.....even though there was much concern and frustration, I believe that things may come up.

Glad it's all sorted out buddy

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014604
Mobile Version of Website