Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 3:03 Quote
barp wrote:
If only there were some way to know when somebody is pregnant, so we could plan our business transactions around the due date responsibly...

lol Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
jusmithlee is a scammer trying to get out of using PayPal in favor of another wiring service that doesn't allow disputes. "She" is selling a 2014 Scott for well under market price.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 4:04 Quote
Yea @JosephVanRoekel u just makes up lies, he told me that there was a winter storm and it was like negative 12 where he was and the delivery trucks couldn't take it right now. But when I checked the tracking number ups never received the item and the weather was 40s and sunny where he was. He also was online reposting his other bikes but couldn't respond to me after paying him a large some of money. This guy is a joke don't buy from him!

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 7:27 Quote
There's nothing more disconcerting than not hearing from someone after buying something. I don't give a shit If you fell into a well, stay in touch with the buyer.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 9:47 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
There's nothing more disconcerting than not hearing from someone after buying something. I don't give a shit If you fell into a well, stay in touch with the buyer.

This.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
Medical life is vastly more important than a few dollars on selling things online. It sucks, but priorities on family will literally always trump everything else for most people. You absolutely should stay in touch, but we know what happened, we know why, and we know he was refunded. I'm not sure there's anything more to talk about here. Case closed.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 20:02 Quote
I agree that health comes before wealth. I disagree with the dismissive attitude. We also don't actually know what happened. For all we know, the hospital story is a crock of shit cooked up after a failed attempt at a scam. If the apparent scammer had shown any contrition (instead of excuses and deflection), the reaction from most people would be different.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 20:44 Quote
Failed attempt at a scam? Boy, you’d think after attempted 200+ scams I would have given up. Apparently those 198 other customers were happy with their product…

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 21:12 Quote
If you f*cked up, own that you f*cked up. Don't gaslight your victims.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 21:21 Quote
I did. I said I was very sorry several times and said I would refund the money and then refunded

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 21:35 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:

+1

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
http://NAI1.pinkbike.com
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3261684/

NAI1 wanted to send further pics via email. Now won't take PayPal, only Venmo. Won't provide serial number of the "bike" they are selling. Price is very low. NAI1 needs to be banned. NOW

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
The user account you linked to no longer exists, and the ad is an ad from your own profile.

What's going on here?

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:
The user account you linked to no longer exists, and the ad is an ad from your own profile.

What's going on here?

He posted a wanted ad and someone was being sketchy

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 17:44 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
sherbet wrote:

What's going on here?

He posted a wanted ad and someone was being sketchy

Beyond sketchy. NIA1 was the user. Had the actual bike I was looking for with pictures in a living room. No stock photo. It was a wanted ad. Lesson learned. Don't post a wanted ad and Outside has not brought any legitimacy or adequate filtering for scammers...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016265
Mobile Version of Website