Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 22:59 Quote
Plainsman27 wrote:
Bike posted that I bought from “ https://www.pinkbike.com/u/KiraBmtb/”. Was fraudulent. Bike arrived Unrideable, no seat, no post, destroyed tires, most screws missing from breaks and gears. Seller is unresponsive. Probably out 1000 to get this bike rideable again. It’s only 1500 list price. It was supposed to be in excellent condition with dropper. All lies. Photos cropped and shopped.

How did you pay ? If Paypal goods and services, you have recourse, other methods I'm not familiar with.

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 5:06 Quote
Bike posted that I bought from “ https://www.pinkbike.com/u/KiraBmtb/”. Was fraudulent. Bike arrived Unrideable, no seat, no post, destroyed tires, most screws missing from breaks and gears. Seller is unresponsive. Probably out 1000 to get this bike rideable again. It’s only 1500 list price. It was supposed to be in excellent condition with dropper. All lies. Photos cropped and shopped.

Mod
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
Theringworm wrote:
PB user djv17 has contacted me several times about buying a bike frame I have for sale. I became suspicious when he commented he said "I would provide shipping label". Then he followed that up with, "How soon can you ship". All of his replies have been vague at regarding pricing breakdowns and options for shipping and insurance, simply ignoring my question and stating I'll pay x amount and provide shipping label.

NEVER EVER allow someone to provide a shipping label. That's got scam written all over it. The user has no info on his profile.

Proceed with caution.

Done and dealt with. Thx pb mod jake

Mod
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 14:23 Quote
Plainsman27 wrote:

If the bike arrived not as described or in the photos, best course of action and recourse is with paypal or other secure payment provider.

thanks pb mod jake

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 12:21 Quote
Hey,
I was in the process of being scammed out 3k on a bike and felt weird from the start.
Anyways here is the break down
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/khemrin/. scammer

photo
. Pay attention to the shipping address.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Modern+Travel+%26+Shipping/@33.7824005,-118.171053,19z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x80dd316df6e7f837:0x9ada308e11ad2d8f!8m2!3d33.7824755!4d-118.1710528!9m1!1b1

Google reviews of the business I was going to ship the bike to.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
Hey guys,

I bought a wheel from lucass a North Van local on Buy and sell last Tuesday. It doesn't fit my bike. Partially my fault for not checking when I picked up the wheel that it was 148mm rear hub. But in my search I filtered for 148mm and his listing came up. I should have double checked but its 157mm. I'm pretty sure he lied in his listing but I'd really like to double check that detail.

I want to see the listing but he deleted it as soon as deal was done.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SEE A DELETED LISTING??

His pictures are still up but listing gone. If I can see the listing then I can confirm he was scamming with a BS hub width that is 10X more sellable than the 157mm width. It could be my fault entirely though and maybe he had the correct width listed?!? Need to see the Listing to be sure.

But Im pretty sure he had it in as 148mm.
Also wanted to meet at neutral site despite the fact we live in the same neighborhood.
Wanted cash only, which is understandable.
Had a bit of a sketchy look about him and since this experiance I looked him up in this thread and he has a reputation of transactions with negative experiances. He has sold LOTS of stuff so a few bad transactions may be perfectly reasonable but I really want to know if he purposely lied.

Thanks in advance!!

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 12:14 Quote
Simplifying this question and posting again:

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SEE A DELETED LISTING?

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 12:36 Quote
gearhead2000 wrote:
Simplifying this question and posting again:

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SEE A DELETED LISTING?

No need to shout, this isn't exactly the most popular thread out there and people aren't on here all the time Mate (still too much traffic though Razz )

No, you can't. And some people use rulers for their measurements and he may have just got it wrong although with everything he's sold I doubt it.. But it is strange he deleted it instead of marked it 'Sold'. Which user?

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
Never mind, found him.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
Thanks for the response man, sorry about the yelling!

I mad at myself and him. Seems like he's had a few people who weren't happy with their transactions.

Does PB ever look at this stuff? I'm sure the page is cached away somewhere?

Cheers mate

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Never mind, found him.

Again thanks for responding. Any thoughts on this transaction and on the seller in general?

Cheers,

Adam

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 17:11 Quote
gearhead2000 wrote:

I mad at myself and him. Seems like he's had a few people who weren't happy with their transactions.

Cheers mate

I didn't really think you were yelling Razz No worries. Since he actually deleted the ad I would say he was up to no good, but since it's really doubtful the mods would think (I wouldn't think so either to be honest) that it would be worth looking up that ad just to the hub size I would sell the wheelset and buy another one. Is it in decent condition?

If so it's either a huge coincidence and he made the wrong ad and accidentally deleted it, ...or he just needs to admit he F'ed up and trade you back *ahem*

And Damn he's been on there a long time, since I was born and no followers?

Mod
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
jacobxpaul wrote:
Hey,
I was in the process of being scammed out 3k on a bike and felt weird from the start.
Anyways here is the break down
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/khemrin/. scammer

Got it.

Mod
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
gearhead2000 wrote:

Cheers mate

Yes we do. Message in your inbox.

thx
pb mod jake

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 10:12 Quote
Last summer, I payed FletcherBikes over $1000 for his Marzocchi Monster T. I got nothing but radio silence from him until I filed a dispute with PayPal. He claimed a family emergency took place and I just asked for my money back and took down my report, and haven't thought about it since. I stumbled upon his account today and see several comments about the same issue. I'm led to believe that FletcherBikes is a scammer or at the very least a very unreliable seller. You're better off giving your money to someone else. (Edited 1/23/2023)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018323
Mobile Version of Website