Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
I don't understand why people are still doing transactions with Venmo. We all know that we should be using PayPal G&S or cash in person.

Too easy to get scammed by a dishonest buyer using Paypal. Been here since 2006 and been scammed a couple times using Paypal as a seller. I only use etransfer now and rely on my extensive history on Pinkbike to give the buyer peace of mind and if they still don't feel comfortable doing that, fine, I just move on and wait for another buyer. Preferred method is cash in person, I usually don't even bother with shipping stuff anymore, it's such a hassle.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
maninblue wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:
I don't understand why people are still doing transactions with Venmo. We all know that we should be using PayPal G&S or cash in person.

Too easy to get scammed by a dishonest buyer using Paypal. Been here since 2006 and been scammed a couple times using Paypal as a seller. I only use etransfer now and rely on my extensive history on Pinkbike to give the buyer peace of mind and if they still don't feel comfortable doing that, fine, I just move on and wait for another buyer. Preferred method is cash in person, I usually don't even bother with shipping stuff anymore, it's such a hassle.

PB needs some sort of buyer / seller feedback system. Until that happens this place is pretty much a free for all cluster f*ck even when you do you due diligence.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
Turk3ySandwich wrote:
maninblue wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:

PB needs some sort of buyer / seller feedback system. Until that happens this place is pretty much a free for all cluster f*ck even when you do you due diligence.

I just get the sense PB doesn't want to have any influence in the system. Because it's either they act as a middleman (and start to take a cut) or leave it as free for all. I'm of the view they would rather be the latter.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 7:55 Quote
So I’ve been dealing with non payment buyer for the last 8 months. It’s kind of a crazy saga as we’ve been in contact on and off when he’s in the mood to reply it seems.

The buyer is https://pinkbike.com/u/jonathanl13/

The original posting
https://pinkbike.com/buysell/3236820/

I was selling my Kona Process in January and someone in Canada wanted to purchase it. I live in the US but was open to shipping it to him if he provided a label that allowed it to clear customs. He got me a label and I sent the bike after receiving payment.
Upon reaching the border, UPS contacted me stating that customs had not been covered. The buyer wished to alter the sale price to clear customs and I did not want to do that so requested UPS send the bike back to me.
The buyer was refunded (unfortunately I trusted him somewhat at this point given our friendly text conversations) but UPS, despite confirming the return, sent the bike to the buyer regardless. The buyer was happy but claimed he had not received my refund. After weeks of trying to figure out where the refund went, he confirmed that it had gone though and went into in investment account. Since that point, confirming that he owes me money via text, he has not paid for the bike and as of last week, has stopped communication with me. I have proof of purchase of the bicycle and proof via text messages that he has not paid me.
I have most his social media information and his physical address from shipping the bike.
I tried filing a claim with UPS but they said they have no liability as the package was no longer in their possession.
Ideally I’d like for this to get resolved and have the buyer just pay for the bike
But I’d also like to warn other of this pinkbike user as he seems perfectly ok with having essentially stolen my bicycle

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 9:28 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
Turk3ySandwich wrote:
maninblue wrote:

I just get the sense PB doesn't want to have any influence in the system. Because it's either they act as a middleman (and start to take a cut) or leave it as free for all. I'm of the view they would rather be the latter.

The system is broken as it is currently. I've only been buying here for about a month and got burned buy a seller with decent seller history, and normal communication. I had no reason to suspect anything would go sideways but it did.

As it works now when something goes wrong they are forced into a reactionary stance and have to read PMs, review the evidence, make a judgment and potentially ban ppl. You can't have a more direct influence than that. A feedback system would largely be the community policing itself and would prevent 90% of this crap from happening in the first place.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Turk3ySandwich wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
Turk3ySandwich wrote:

The system is broken as it is currently. I've only been buying here for about a month and got burned buy a seller with decent seller history, and normal communication. I had no reason to suspect anything would go sideways but it did.

As it works now when something goes wrong they are forced into a reactionary stance and have to read PMs, review the evidence, make a judgment and potentially ban ppl. You can't have a more direct influence than that. A feedback system would largely be the community policing itself and would prevent 90% of this crap from happening in the first place.

I agree. There should be a system. But PB is lazy and wants everyone to sign up for O+ so here we are.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 18:02 Quote
*cancelled my complaint*

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 18:28 Quote
[Quote="zmcycle"][Quote="Turk3ySandwich"][Quote="zmcycle"][Quote="Turk3ySandwich"]

zmcycle, you are such a complainer it’s hilarious. Go sell your stuff on Ebay.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 19:12 Quote
[Quote="JosephVanRoekel"][Quote="zmcycle"][Quote="Turk3ySandwich"][Quote="zmcycle"]

And you're a very suspicious seller with a shaky history.

Sorry to say but I'm not brought up weekly here for bad buy/sell activity.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
ruckuswithani wrote:
I'd like to report
https://m.pinkbike.com/u/WillBikes2K3/
This is the listing
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3399325/

I sent the agreed upon payment to WillBikes2K3 via Pay Pal so no worries there, but it's been 5 days with no indication of shipping or a tracking number and the lister has stopped replying to me. Since it's Friday evening, I assume it's probably not going to happen this weekend either. Everything seemed legit until he started ignoring me a day ago so I'm going to request a refund through Pay Pal.

5 days isn't crazy, maybe they're caught up with something. Have they read your messages? Either way I do think that once payment is made the seller should make every effort to keep the buyer up to date to give them peace of mind.

Also, maybe hold off another few days? You do get quite a bit of time with PayPal to make a claim.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 10:52 Quote
[Quote="zmcycle"][Quote="JosephVanRoekel"][Quote="zmcycle"][Quote="Turk3ySandwich"]

Maybe they should make a "caution, suspicious seller" banner for his account lol

At least with his account being brought up in here so often, people might see it and steer clear.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
*cancelled my complaint*

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 11:57 Quote
[Quote="maninblue"][Quote="zmcycle"][Quote="JosephVanRoekel"][Quote="zmcycle"]

We need a review system for people like him...

He's way too sus.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 16:17 Quote
retracting, looks like the seller is sending the rest of the missing parts

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 4:36 Quote
patsmyth wrote:
So I’ve been dealing with non payment buyer for the last 8 months. It’s kind of a crazy saga as we’ve been in contact on and off when he’s in the mood to reply it seems.

The buyer is https://pinkbike.com/u/jonathanl13/

The original posting
https://pinkbike.com/buysell/3236820/

I was selling my Kona Process in January and someone in Canada wanted to purchase it. I live in the US but was open to shipping it to him if he provided a label that allowed it to clear customs. He got me a label and I sent the bike after receiving payment.
Upon reaching the border, UPS contacted me stating that customs had not been covered. The buyer wished to alter the sale price to clear customs and I did not want to do that so requested UPS send the bike back to me.
The buyer was refunded (unfortunately I trusted him somewhat at this point given our friendly text conversations) but UPS, despite confirming the return, sent the bike to the buyer regardless. The buyer was happy but claimed he had not received my refund. After weeks of trying to figure out where the refund went, he confirmed that it had gone though and went into in investment account. Since that point, confirming that he owes me money via text, he has not paid for the bike and as of last week, has stopped communication with me. I have proof of purchase of the bicycle and proof via text messages that he has not paid me.
I have most his social media information and his physical address from shipping the bike.
I tried filing a claim with UPS but they said they have no liability as the package was no longer in their possession.
Ideally I’d like for this to get resolved and have the buyer just pay for the bike
But I’d also like to warn other of this pinkbike user as he seems perfectly ok with having essentially stolen my bicycle

people can and do suck....

I think I would go back to UPS and go up the management chain...
How did the bike clear customs if the fees weren't paid ? Who authorized it...?
I'm assuming you documented the convo with them about returning it to you ? Were you charged return shipping or anything like that ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008996
Mobile Version of Website