Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 19:21 Quote
This seller delayed shipment by claiming his brother was in a serious accident. He then indicated he would ship the bike when he got back (his final communication on Pinkbike was on July 25, 2022). I then sent multiple messages requesting information, a refund, or the shipping tracking number. Then, on August 9, it appears his profile/user has been deleted from Pinkbike. The user is ErickMackonnenoBv and the bike was a 2015 Trek Fuel EX 8.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
adm750 wrote:
patsmyth wrote:
So I’ve been dealing with non payment buyer for the last 8 months. It’s kind of a crazy saga as we’ve been in contact on and off when he’s in the mood to reply it seems.

The buyer is https://pinkbike.com/u/jonathanl13/

The original posting
https://pinkbike.com/buysell/3236820/

I was selling my Kona Process in January and someone in Canada wanted to purchase it. I live in the US but was open to shipping it to him if he provided a label that allowed it to clear customs. He got me a label and I sent the bike after receiving payment.
Upon reaching the border, UPS contacted me stating that customs had not been covered. The buyer wished to alter the sale price to clear customs and I did not want to do that so requested UPS send the bike back to me.
The buyer was refunded (unfortunately I trusted him somewhat at this point given our friendly text conversations) but UPS, despite confirming the return, sent the bike to the buyer regardless. The buyer was happy but claimed he had not received my refund. After weeks of trying to figure out where the refund went, he confirmed that it had gone though and went into in investment account. Since that point, confirming that he owes me money via text, he has not paid for the bike and as of last week, has stopped communication with me. I have proof of purchase of the bicycle and proof via text messages that he has not paid me.
I have most his social media information and his physical address from shipping the bike.
I tried filing a claim with UPS but they said they have no liability as the package was no longer in their possession.
Ideally I’d like for this to get resolved and have the buyer just pay for the bike
But I’d also like to warn other of this pinkbike user as he seems perfectly ok with having essentially stolen my bicycle

people can and do suck....

I think I would go back to UPS and go up the management chain...
How did the bike clear customs if the fees weren't paid ? Who authorized it...?
I'm assuming you documented the convo with them about returning it to you ? Were you charged return shipping or anything like that ?

I tried working with UPS for a while and they continuously seemed to have a reason why it’s out of their liability. I wasn’t charged return shipping and according to the buyer, he was charged like $150 in customs and handling fees upon delivery. At this point despite having gotten the bike that he seemed excited about, he hasn’t paid me. I’ve filed a police report but have yet to hear back.
It mostly frustrating as I have had occasional contact with this guy and he says he’s gonna pay but then ghosts me.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 15:47 Quote
Talk to a lawyer regarding UPS and bring them to small claims. Same deal with the buyer. You may have to find a representee for the court date.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 13:29 Quote

#########JUST GOT SCAMMED#########

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/bradmtb9

ad: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/59744178/

Reason for reporting: *Brady Nichols* scammed me, I paid for an item (GX AXS Upgrade Kit) which he did not send, ignoring my private messages and deleted his profile.
Got my $460 through Venmo. Unfortunately for him, I did use the Buyers Protection feature, which will remove his account and refund me.

Keep your eyes open guys. Look for the AGE of the Profile. If it's too new, avoid it.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
I believe that someone reported me as a scammer.

Since there are two sides to every story, what recourse do I have to tell my side, and avoid being labeled as such, or worse, being kicked off this site, and literally YEARS of playing nice, with everyone?

TIA for any advice.

Respectfully,

David Matthew

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/DavidMatthew/

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Nice stealth ad. Lol ;d

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 19:21 Quote
DmoorDevil wrote:
Nice stealth ad. Lol ;d

Are you saying that an ad about not being a scammer is, itself, paradoxically a scam?

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
I just want to legit check stevepauley, i had a transaction with him last august 2, then sent him the payment via paypal on the same date, our last conversation was i asked him about the tracking information, and he said that the bike was already at the fedex facility its just that the courier had lots of pending shipment, that was last august 9, 2022, and then until now theres no tracking number or information given to me, is that usual?

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 19:30 Quote
MrSnuggles sold me a sram cassette, ignored my messages and now blocked me..

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 22:11 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Sergeyev/
Anyone purchase anything from this member? Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed several SRAM XX1 cassette's selling for too good to be true prices and he's the latest one. All the sales have one thing in common, no previous sales and They've been a member for years.

This particular guy has been a member since 2011 with no shown sales and he has a new XX1 cassette listed for $270 with no mention of shipping fees or not. I messaged him and wanted to see how the transaction would go and to make sure he accepts PayPal, which he does. He gave me his email linked with his PayPal account as normal and when I entered the amount $270, his account doesn't allow the option to pay for goods/ services and only friends/family. I then messaged him that I'll pass, because his account has no buyers protection on the sale and I got silence from him. IMHO a legit/ honest person would try and resolve this with me and want the sale.

Just as I posted this and after 4 hrs, I get this message from him?

"Hello! My profile has been hacked! Don't send anything!"

Ya, okay! Now all of a sudden his location went from Washington to...flag Almaty , Kazakhstan... WTF?

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 22:24 Quote
Bigo71 wrote:
MrSnuggles sold me a sram cassette, ignored my messages and now blocked me..

What model, color and what was the price?

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 22:31 Quote
Call the Srink, someone needs their anti paranoia drugs.

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 0:12 Quote
DmoorDevil wrote:
Call the Srink, someone needs their anti paranoia drugs.

FYI, there is a feature known as the quote tab!

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
This person/profile is a Scammer: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/andrejradovan/

His listing is SOLD but he just scammed me and I am licking my wounds. His profile is active on Pinkbike and should be blocked.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009037
Mobile Version of Website