Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 14:47 Quote
dtrinidad wrote:
All pictures of bike I have here are mine. Sold many bike in this platform. I use google voice to avoid people just fishing for number. All the bike I sold here not once I had any issue . I have receipt for all my bikes when bought from me. So whatever this guys personal issue is his own. My bike are never over price I always price them right. He ask why my bike are always clean in picture. Why would you try to post a dirty bike for people to see. Anyways thought I would at lease speak my end of the deal since I’m being accuse of something I’m not. There no way pinkbike would allow me to use this platform and sell bikes like everyone else if I’m shady. Always sold bike with cash payment and never had issue . I’m also here not trying to get scam by someone paying me through whatever platform then reverse the payment . Cash is simple you see the bike you like it you buy it . You don’t Jen you don’t buy. Simple.

This all sounds pretty reasonable. Cash is totally legit especially cause you get to see what you buy before you buy

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 15:02 Quote
I never mentioned anything about clean bikes. I mentioned you are using photos from Vital MTB in your photos. You just have a lot of red flags!

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
Redram59 wrote:
I never mentioned anything about clean bikes. I mentioned you are using photos from Vital MTB in your photos. You just have a lot of red flags!

I mean the thing here is this. If you see the bike in person, and see it's what it is.... How is this a scam?

Like if you went to a meet up and there's the bike.... You're not going to hand over cash unless there's a bike there...

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 16:12 Quote
There is always the possibility that there is no bike and you meet up and then get robbed and murdered and end up on an episode of The first 48. Just don't agree to meet behind the old abandoned mill at midnight.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
There is always the possibility that there is no bike and you meet up and then get robbed and murdered and end up on an episode of The first 48. Just don't agree to meet behind the old abandoned mill at midnight.

This is reasonable. Public place lol.

But also you can always go see the bike first without cash.

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 16:37 Quote
What picture are you talking about that’s in vital mtb

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 16:47 Quote
exactly..
DJ-24 wrote:

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
exactly thank you
zmcycle wrote:
Redram59 wrote:

I mean the thing here is this. If you see the bike in person, and see it's what it is.... How is this a scam?

Like if you went to a meet up and there's the bike.... You're not going to hand over cash unless there's a bike there...

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
Possible downsides of cash transactions in person that I'm aware of:

*robbery

*counterfeit cash (only relevant if you're the seller)

*stolen goods (applies to all payment methods more or less equally)

I think it's one of the less hazardous types of transactions, all things considered.

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
dtrinidad wrote:
What picture are you talking about that’s in vital mtb

Go look at your cannondale dual crown add. The one that has never hit the dirt, yet you have a pic of it in the dirt, with no pedals, go google the image. Then you send me a text on a global voice line, your past for sale stuff don’t add up, that’s a shot ton of bikes, who buys all those bikes, receipt in hand yet doesn’t have the bike shop you bought the from register them???

And yes, getting robbed crosses my mind, never know these days. I talked to you for a week and you wait the night before to say bring cash, I don’t do PayPal or Venmo, who doesn’t do e payments these days..

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 19:08 Quote
That picture was added there only by accident when I was trying to add the specs through google . Look if you don’t want to buy the bike your not the only person that rides . Stop not picking trying to find ways for seller to look like scammer if you look at all my bike sold pic are consistent with place and backround where pic are taken ,I get it you don’t want the bike Goodluck on your search.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
There is a guy with multiple stolen pinkbike accounts but he has the same PayPal address , Usually he marks as ship globally which is red flag normally.

the main paypal is sameerprotein@gmail.com but also uses ahsn47899@gmail.com, mizanuraziborrahman@gmail.com

some of the accounts : neo713, AdamWRC4 , yondes.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
skyteam909 wrote:
There is a guy with multiple stolen pinkbike accounts but he has the same PayPal address , Usually he marks as ship globally which is red flag normally.

the main paypal is sameerprotein@gmail.com but also uses ahsn47899@gmail.com, mizanuraziborrahman@gmail.com

some of the accounts : neo713, AdamWRC4 , yondes.

Shit. This is the guy who scammed me. Had me send paypal to ahsn47899@gmail.com

He is also using the account pinkbikearethebest - https://www.pinkbike.com/u/pinkbikearethebest/

Here's the product: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3427236/

I sent him $. He said he shipped. He failed to send tracking and has been super sketchy ever since. He also failed to mark the ad as sold, and in fact reposted his ad. I flagged his account and the ad. Damn scammers.

I have a feeling there will be more and more scammers as time goes on in the current state of the world/economy... ugh.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
What about this clown? Profile name cesalec. His account is suspended, but he's still has a Lyrik for sale at a good to be true price. I've messaged him several times, but I'm not dumb enough to go any further.

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 20:06 Quote
Hi,

New here. Trying to find out if this guy is legit.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/AndreiCos11/

He is selling a 2020 Specialized Levo Expert at a suspiciously low price. The screen shot of the Bike details in the specialized App are in German as well as the serial number. Text of post looks to be a translation of the German original text. A reverse image search does not locate the pictures somewhere else.

His location is listed as New York, New York. Let me know what you think.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016388
Mobile Version of Website