Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 20:51 Quote
Mbull39843 wrote:
Hi,

New here. Trying to find out if this guy is legit.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/AndreiCos11/

He is selling a 2020 Specialized Levo Expert at a suspiciously low price. The screen shot of the Bike details in the specialized App are in German as well as the serial number. Text of post looks to be a translation of the German original text. A reverse image search does not locate the pictures somewhere else.

His location is listed as New York, New York. Let me know what you think.

1 item for sale and a big fat 0 under seller history would tell me it’s a scam. These signs have been the trend of late for smaller items.

Ask him to text you a new pic with a piece of paper taped on the bike with today’s date. Any legit seller would do this in a moment’s time for a sale.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
I believe that https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3431836/ is a scam. I believe that user profile of Solpitt has either been hacked or was created for scamming. These are the same pictures and descriptions which were used last week by Kose13 (which has been deleted). I fell for the scam when it was posted by Kose13. The price for fork is very low and another indication of this being a scam is that there is no phone number associated with the profile. Also, despite being a member since 2019, there are no sold items or any other activity on the account. Unlike last week, when Kose13 was being used, there is also another listing ( https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3429565/ ) which I believe is also a scam.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
Gster1954 wrote:
I believe that https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3431836/ is a scam. I believe that user profile of Solpitt has either been hacked or was created for scamming. These are the same pictures and descriptions which were used last week by Kose13 (which has been deleted). I fell for the scam when it was posted by Kose13. The price for fork is very low and another indication of this being a scam is that there is no phone number associated with the profile. Also, despite being a member since 2019, there are no sold items or any other activity on the account. Unlike last week, when Kose13 was being used, there is also another listing ( https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3429565/ ) which I believe is also a scam.

Just FYI the phone number isn't really suspicious mate, I don't have mine up and lots of people don't. The same pictures from a verified scammer are what you should put more faith on, I will say I have had several financial interaction's with people who don't have account activity and profiles from a few years ago and that was fine. But $390 for a 29" zeb Ultimate?

As for the age of his profile if you check out the Trailforks points it shows they rode the 50 acre woods in bristol in 2019 so I'd say they are pretty legit. Why they are selling something at such a very good price I couldn't guess.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
Mbull39843 wrote:
Hi,

New here. Trying to find out if this guy is legit.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/AndreiCos11/

He is selling a 2020 Specialized Levo Expert at a suspiciously low price. The screen shot of the Bike details in the specialized App are in German as well as the serial number. Text of post looks to be a translation of the German original text. A reverse image search does not locate the pictures somewhere else.

His location is listed as New York, New York. Let me know what you think.

Hate to single out an origin of country but I'm in the process of a potential scammer too that I'll post on here shortly. I did some reverse image search and the user was also from Germany. *shrug*

Found this on reverse image search.
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/specialized-turbo-levo-expert-2020/2195551747-217-5373

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 23:55 Quote
skyteam909 wrote:
There is a guy with multiple stolen pinkbike accounts but he has the same PayPal address , Usually he marks as ship globally which is red flag normally.

the main paypal is sameerprotein@gmail.com but also uses ahsn47899@gmail.com, mizanuraziborrahman@gmail.com

some of the accounts : neo713, AdamWRC4 , yondes.

Edsward is also an account currently associated with mizanuraziborrahman@gmail.com and has a couple new sale threads up and running currently. Beware.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 22:03 Quote
Account DavidSarkisyanERk is scammer, trying to pull the ‘I send a mover’ deal.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
Just wondering if anyone else has been overcharged by isisisisisisisis? I believe that he is overcharging on shipping to upcharge and is sending foul language messaging when questioned?

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
Looks like I wasn’t the only one who got got by the user “majky”, that account has already been flagged as a scammer. I reported the PayPal account to PayPal for fraud as well, name associated with the PayPal account shows as Danil Sorokk(thegioihoanhao51@gmail.com).

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 19:50 Quote
I don't know if this is a scam.
Is this safe?
What do you guys think?

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 19:52 Quote
I think you need to post a proper link that doesn't lead to gibberish?

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 20:08 Quote
Franken-Bike wrote:
Is this safe?
What do you guys think?

Bikeflights is fine. But his payment method is what's more important than anything else.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 7:40 Quote
Franken-Bike wrote:
Is this safe?
What do you guys think?

This looks fine to me. I wouldn't be afraid to move forward with the potential buyer and simply follow the guidelines given by PB. Keep all of your messaging on here/PB, use Paypal G&S, don't ship the bike before you have the money in your account, etc.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
Hello ppl!
Looking to buy a used shock. Seller wants to continue the conversation via gmail. Should I continue?

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 9:40 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
Hello ppl!
Looking to buy a used shock. Seller wants to continue the conversation via gmail. Should I continue?

If they uploaded pics to sell their shock they can also upload pics to your PB message thread. I would not give them your email.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
Hello ppl!

If they uploaded pics to sell their shock they can also upload pics to your PB message thread. I would not give them your email.
He wants to do paypal goods and services with insurance on shipping. I'll ask him why he wanted to email me and see how it goes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011495
Mobile Version of Website