Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Author Message
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
Hello ppl!
Looking to buy a used shock. Seller wants to continue the conversation via gmail. Should I continue?

If they uploaded pics to sell their shock they can also upload pics to your PB message thread. I would not give them your email.
He wants to do paypal goods and services with insurance on shipping. I'll ask him why he wanted to email me and see how it goes.

No point in that Mate. Some perfectly lovely honest people want me to text them pictures or want to continue a conversation by text but they all have smartphones... they just choose to click the PinkBike app or the Phone button.

It really isn't hard to keep everything on PinkBike where it belongs.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:03 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:


If they uploaded pics to sell their shock they can also upload pics to your PB message thread. I would not give them your email.
He wants to do paypal goods and services with insurance on shipping. I'll ask him why he wanted to email me and see how it goes.

No point in that Mate. Some perfectly lovely honest people want me to text them pictures or want to continue a conversation by text but they all have smartphones... they just choose to click the PinkBike app or the Phone button.

It really isn't hard to keep everything on PinkBike where it belongs.
I'm in such a weird situation because I can't find any other shock like this one for sale and I'm in need of it asap. Isn't gmail conversation good enough proof for paypal in case anything goes wrong? His account also dates back to 2013 and has had many sales.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:

He wants to do paypal goods and services with insurance on shipping. I'll ask him why he wanted to email me and see how it goes.

No point in that Mate. Some perfectly lovely honest people want me to text them pictures or want to continue a conversation by text but they all have smartphones... they just choose to click the PinkBike app or the Phone button.

It really isn't hard to keep everything on PinkBike where it belongs.
I'm in such a weird situation because I can't find any other shock like this one for sale and I'm in need of it asap. Isn't gmail conversation good enough proof for paypal in case anything goes wrong? His account also dates back to 2013 and has had many sales.

That does sound okay, but I would just see absolutely no reason why he has to move an entire conversation to another platform. It's one more degree of separation should something go wrong. Pinkbike can't see his messages on Gmail and help you out.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:

He wants to do paypal goods and services with insurance on shipping. I'll ask him why he wanted to email me and see how it goes.

No point in that Mate. Some perfectly lovely honest people want me to text them pictures or want to continue a conversation by text but they all have smartphones... they just choose to click the PinkBike app or the Phone button.

It really isn't hard to keep everything on PinkBike where it belongs.
I'm in such a weird situation because I can't find any other shock like this one for sale and I'm in need of it asap. Isn't gmail conversation good enough proof for paypal in case anything goes wrong? His account also dates back to 2013 and has had many sales.

I still believe it's in your best interest to keep the entire conversation on PinkBike. I always upload any additional photos that a buyer wants to PinkBike, additional photos of the bike/parts packaged for shipping, and the shipping label once I mailed the item(s). Does it take more time? Yes, but I have the assurance that everything is backed up on here. Plus, if the shock is garage and you don't want it then that person doesn't have your email.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
Whats the deal with all the weird forum posts lately? Like free money and counterfeit money and magic love spells?? WTF

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:


No point in that Mate. Some perfectly lovely honest people want me to text them pictures or want to continue a conversation by text but they all have smartphones... they just choose to click the PinkBike app or the Phone button.

It really isn't hard to keep everything on PinkBike where it belongs.
I'm in such a weird situation because I can't find any other shock like this one for sale and I'm in need of it asap. Isn't gmail conversation good enough proof for paypal in case anything goes wrong? His account also dates back to 2013 and has had many sales.

I still believe it's in your best interest to keep the entire conversation on PinkBike. I always upload any additional photos that a buyer wants to PinkBike, additional photos of the bike/parts packaged for shipping, and the shipping label once I mailed the item(s). Does it take more time? Yes, but I have the assurance that everything is backed up on here. Plus, if the shock is garage and you don't want it then that person doesn't have your email.
I think you're right with this. Hopefully it'll all go okay.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:


No point in that Mate. Some perfectly lovely honest people want me to text them pictures or want to continue a conversation by text but they all have smartphones... they just choose to click the PinkBike app or the Phone button.

It really isn't hard to keep everything on PinkBike where it belongs.
I'm in such a weird situation because I can't find any other shock like this one for sale and I'm in need of it asap. Isn't gmail conversation good enough proof for paypal in case anything goes wrong? His account also dates back to 2013 and has had many sales.

That does sound okay, but I would just see absolutely no reason why he has to move an entire conversation to another platform. It's one more degree of separation should something go wrong. Pinkbike can't see his messages on Gmail and help you out.
I wish he kept it here. hopefully it all goes okay. I've heard people saying that paypal can work with minimal evidence and that gmail msgs are more than enough!

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:34 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Whats the deal with all the weird forum posts lately? Like free money and counterfeit money and magic love spells?? WTF
i see it quite a bit too. pinkbike is a fairly simple website and does not have any time determined posting limits

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
mior wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Whats the deal with all the weird forum posts lately? Like free money and counterfeit money and magic love spells?? WTF
i see it quite a bit too. pinkbike is a fairly simple website and does not have any time determined posting limits

Also apparently doesn't have any kind of automatic spam rejection filters or algorithms. The posting patterns and keywords are pretty easy to pick out at this point.

I click the "report spam" thingy on a lot of them and they still seem to take a while to get manually deleted.

Mod
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 11:43 Quote
mior wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Whats the deal with all the weird forum posts lately? Like free money and counterfeit money and magic love spells?? WTF
i see it quite a bit too. pinkbike is a fairly simple website and does not have any time determined posting limits

We do, we've had the frequency lower, but then users are impacted in the livelier threads - it's a balancing act. We've made some improvements in the backend to clean them up faster. It's interesting you make the comment now as there have been only a handful this week where as a couple months ago we had a very high number.

We're also very lonely and into magic.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
mior wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Whats the deal with all the weird forum posts lately? Like free money and counterfeit money and magic love spells?? WTF
i see it quite a bit too. pinkbike is a fairly simple website and does not have any time determined posting limits

We do, we've had the frequency lower, but then users are impacted in the livelier threads - it's a balancing act. We've made some improvements in the backend to clean them up faster. It's interesting you make the comment now as there have been only a handful this week where as a couple months ago we had a very high number.

We're also very lonely and into magic.

I see more than a handful at the moment. Look at the "active forum threads" box and the last 11 posts all contain "buy Canadian" blahblahblah. Right up to the cut off, so who knows how many more posts it continues for.

Mod
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
barp wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
mior wrote:
i see it quite a bit too. pinkbike is a fairly simple website and does not have any time determined posting limits

We do, we've had the frequency lower, but then users are impacted in the livelier threads - it's a balancing act. We've made some improvements in the backend to clean them up faster. It's interesting you make the comment now as there have been only a handful this week where as a couple months ago we had a very high number.

We're also very lonely and into magic.

I see more than a handful at the moment. Look at the "active forum threads" box and the last 11 posts all contain "buy Canadian" blahblahblah. Right up to the cut off, so who knows how many more posts it continues for.

As in a handful of users. Interesting to note - the posts were deleted but the thread was left.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
mior wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Whats the deal with all the weird forum posts lately? Like free money and counterfeit money and magic love spells?? WTF
i see it quite a bit too. pinkbike is a fairly simple website and does not have any time determined posting limits

We do, we've had the frequency lower, but then users are impacted in the livelier threads - it's a balancing act. We've made some improvements in the backend to clean them up faster. It's interesting you make the comment now as there have been only a handful this week where as a couple months ago we had a very high number.

We're also very lonely and into magic.
lol. good to know that you guys are trying to fix this. there are certainly some active forums.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 4:41 Quote
This piece of shit samcarrara scammed me out of 400 for a Axs dropper he has posted on pinkbikes. So pissed cause this is the first time I’ve been scammed on here. I’ve messaged several times and keep getting the run around from him. Please want him banded and removed

Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 18:04 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3452998/

new account, frame alone costs more than that 2nd hand.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014069
Mobile Version of Website