Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 9:08 Quote
dinknutz wrote:
he had set up the shipping of the bike through amazon already

Amazon is not a shipping company.

How did you pay for this bike?

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 13:07 Quote
didn't pay.
sounded fishy messaged him to tell him about what amazon said and haven't heard back from him.

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 19:05 Quote
I purchased brakes from a user named "nyarralszabi" on sunday. He assured me they would be here by friday but never sent a tracking number. I contacted him a couple of times, and now I found out he's a verified scammer? I'm guessing I souldn't be expecting brakes in the mail tomorrow? Do you think I can get my money back? I paid via PayPal gift (unknowingly) but used a credit card.

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 1:28 Quote
evulcan67 wrote:
I purchased brakes from a user named "nyarralszabi" on sunday. He assured me they would be here by friday but never sent a tracking number. I contacted him a couple of times, and now I found out he's a verified scammer? I'm guessing I souldn't be expecting brakes in the mail tomorrow? Do you think I can get my money back? I paid via PayPal gift (unknowingly) but used a credit card.

get i touch with your credit card company they should be able to get your money back

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 2:20 Quote
Hi this person scammed me and I am working it out with the police, but the reason I am posting here is because he has created a new pjnkbike account, I do not know what it is but if there is a way to ban and IP address this is his old account https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ridindurty831/

Thank you

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 9:47 Quote
Just like most things nowdays, IP's can be changed unfortunately super easily..or theres ways to get around it. Back in the day, I remember IP Bans were almost permanent/death sentence for gamers.

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 10:55 Quote
Can someone check out: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/goteegy/ I'm 99% sure this guy is the scammer who sold me the exact same xt brakes on sunday. when he was banned yesterday, this account appeared. he was previously www.pinkbike.com/u/nyarralszabi

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 15:07 Quote
He: Check out my seat on my bike in my buysel

I: I would trade for that.

He: OK would you be able to come to [his town] sometime...I'm unable to get a ride

I: Same here. I would be down to ship though.

He: So how would you get mine....

I: In the mail.?

He: So the person who drops your off I hand him mine and it comes to you???? I'm not completely sure on how this works solo haha

I: Well there's a bit of trust involved in the matter. You put yours in the mail and I put mine in the mail

He: Well yeh I'm don't want to end up with no seat so....do you want the post as well or the seat

I: Neither do I... Seat

He: Ok ill sen it to you whats your address

I: [Address]

I: What's yours?

He: [Address]

I: Alright. Send it today. I'll send mine.

He: Okay

He: Ill send it at 4 pm i have to work

He: I sent mine....

I: Great. Let me know when you get mine.

I: What's the tracking number?

I: Ill send mine when I get home.

He: okay...

He: if you havent sent it yet its okay cause i got a new seat...but i still have the other one so if you send it ill still send you the cult one you want

I: You havent sent your [seat brand] yet...? I sent my Primo two days ago.

He: no lol i was making sure you actually sent yours but i will send it i swear

I: You're joking.

He: no... im still going to send mine

I: Let me know when/if you do.

He: okay i just got yours...i am going to send mine tomorrow cause i cant get a ride to shoppers and my bike is broke so probobly next wednesday you should have yours

Double edit: think I fixed it...
Edit: Got a new one lined up though, so all is not lost.

Posted: Aug 3, 2013 at 17:45 Quote
Beware of user pdb18! I paid for a Saint 820 shifter, derailleur, and a set of new Saint 820 brakes through Paypal on two separate invoices, and after SIX weeks, no communication, two Paypal disputes, both escalating to claims, with him responding on the second to last day before Paypal would close the claim and pay me back, he responds. I did get the shifter and derailleur (THANK YOU), but never saw the bakes, and got paid out by Paypal on the brake claim only because I had a separate invoices (one for the shifter and derailleur and one for the brakes).

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 at 18:12 Quote
Not a scam as such but fake Ray Bans are around in the BuySell...

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1380059/

It really annoys me and could surely lead to copyright issues

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 1:20 Quote
globalplayer007 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/pedromatos/

He got a little deposit for his M9 frame. After I sent the money ( a few days ago) he dont answer. Now he blocked me.

I got my money today back from Paypal. The seller still didnt answer or sent me a update. 100% SCAMMER

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 8:25 Quote
I'm just amazed you got your money back! Nice.

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 12:04 Quote
Zastonator

Bought a Saint hub off him for $80, gave him about 5 weeks to ship it, then when I politely asked for my money back he wouldn't return any messages. Had to go through PayPal to get my money back.

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 15:12 Quote
I got scammed too by a guy names inspiritof.
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/inspiritof/
I purchased a set of xt disc brakes from him and unfortunately transferred the money on Paypal. When I saw that he was a scammer, I got very angry and nervous. I sent a claim to PP, hope they will fix it up and I get my money back. Any experience?

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 16:49 Quote
Did you send the money as "Gift" or under "Goods"? Under "Goods" option you have almost an 100% guarantee that you'll get your money back when you make the complaint/resolution center, as he is violating terms of agreement/use under PP and your/his extra fees gives the extra protection. Plus, it's how they mostly support themselves and provide a pretty good service when the alternative of sending money like mail or w/e just isn't feasible..

However, as Gift, you almost have no chance unfortunately, unless you have a good past history with paying fee's (goods)/supporting PP, then they may give the extra consideration & help you lock/suspend his account.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011652
Mobile Version of Website