From the UK looking for people and places to ride in BC

PB Forum :: Canada - West
From the UK looking for people and places to ride in BC
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 at 19:34 Quote
I am from the UK and I am traveling around BC with my girlfriend and I have my DH bike with me.

I am looking for places to ride and people to ride with. I am not bad on a bike by UK standard not a fan of big hucks. I prefer flowing stuff

We are heading over to Vancouver Island first but we are planning to tour round as much of BC as we can so anywhere is good.

Please help with any tips or trails to ride

Posted: Jun 24, 2013 at 19:49 Quote
Nelson/Rossland/Castlegar, Kelowna, Whistler/Squamish would make a good trip. I could show you around Nelson, 100+ trails here.

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 9:27 Quote
That would be awesome will be in touch hopefully will get across that way

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 9:51 Quote
SUNSHINE COAST awsome riding thereBig Grin Helmet Drool

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 12:57 Quote
How long are you travelling for?

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 13:02 Quote
MonstaMan wrote:
SUNSHINE COAST awsome riding thereBig Grin Helmet Drool
+1

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 14:04 Quote
Traveling for as long as possible. i have got a work permit so the aim is to travel until the winter if money lasts then get a job.

Sunshine coast is that like cypress mountain?

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 14:44 Quote
Cypress is in west Vancouver part of the north shore, sunshine coast requires a ferry from horseshoe bay near cypress

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 19:23 Quote
Sprockids Mountain Bike Park is that in the Sunshine Coast because that looks awesome!

Is it suitable for a big bike?

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 22:10 Quote
It is alright, fuzzy hugs, ms smiley, and Doug's detention have some gnarly stunts but it's pedal up access and it's all do able on a little bike. Robert's creek b n k area is best for big bikes on the coast.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 20:23 Quote
Has anyone been riding in Doumont near Nanaimo? or Sooke?

Think i am heading to doumont/nanaimo first

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 20:56 Quote
I've been to Sooke a couple times.....riding was so-so, but definitely had some beauty forests. There may be some better trails I wasn't aware of.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 21:30 Quote
haven't ridden doumont, ridden sooke a lot, broom hill used to have some trails with lots of stunts but I heard they're gone, harbourview more AM style but good riding there, it's been a long time since I've gone riding in Sooke so probably some new stuff. Duncan is one of the best areas on the island with Prevost and Tzouhalem

Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 21:57 Quote
hey mate,

I have just done a three week trip across bc and spent a couple days riding in Nanaimo, there is looooads of trails all over the shop, but its definitely a case of go get yourself lost to find them kind of thing however...

There is a big mountain bike club over there and they do a lot! of riding, they are pretty slow with some 60+ yr old riders but its good to find a few trails, here is their website, check out their calender section to see if they are doing any rides, i would suggest only going with them if you want some trail riding or xc though.

http://nanaimomountainbikeclub.com/new/

there is also a map someone has put together of all the trails...

http://www.island.net/~pmcgarri/Nanaimo.pdf

And then if you just want downhill stuff I would suggest drive your car to here...

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Nanaimo,+BC,+Canada&hl=en&ll=49.196541,-124.094224&spn=0.019042,0.045447&sll=50.675875,-120.299649&sspn=0.018466,0.045447&oq=nanaimo&t=h&hnear=Nanaimo,+British+Columbia,+Canada&z=15

nanaimo motorcross track, then you can drive up the hill another few hundred metres, once you pass the motoX track look into the woods on the left you will see all sorts of jumps etc... if you drive up to the very top of the tarmac road there is a yellow gate on your left, head along that road and you will pass lots of trails ending on that road coming down the hill from the right, head up some of those as far as you can and have a go. I found all this in once days riding but was doing more trail riding so covered quite a bit of ground. If you go explore that side of the hill from where i said to park you should find a good few trails to party on!

hope that helps!! I literally just left Nanaimo today! now in Kamloops...

Will

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 6:37 Quote
LeeroyJenkins wrote:
hey mate,

I have just done a three week trip across bc and spent a couple days riding in Nanaimo, there is looooads of trails all over the shop, but its definitely a case of go get yourself lost to find them kind of thing however...

There is a big mountain bike club over there and they do a lot! of riding, they are pretty slow with some 60+ yr old riders but its good to find a few trails, here is their website, check out their calender section to see if they are doing any rides, i would suggest only going with them if you want some trail riding or xc though.

http://nanaimomountainbikeclub.com/new/

there is also a map someone has put together of all the trails...

http://www.island.net/~pmcgarri/Nanaimo.pdf

And then if you just want downhill stuff I would suggest drive your car to here..

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Nanaimo,+BC,+Canada&hl=en&ll=49.196541,-124.094224&spn=0.019042,0.045447&sll=50.675875,-120.299649&sspn=0.018466,0.045447&oq=nanaimo&t=h&hnear=Nanaimo,+British+Columbia,+Canada&z=15

nanaimo motorcross track, then you can drive up the hill another few hundred metres, once you pass the motoX track look into the woods on the left you will see all sorts of jumps etc... if you drive up to the very top of the tarmac road there is a yellow gate on your left, head along that road and you will pass lots of trails ending on that road coming down the hill from the right, head up some of those as far as you can and have a go. I found all this in once days riding but was doing more trail riding so covered quite a bit of ground. If you go explore that side of the hill from where i said to park you should find a good few trails to party on!

hope that helps!! I literally just left Nanaimo today! now in Kamloops...

Will

Cheers fella i am camping really close to there so i will check it out!

How long you over here for? will probs be heading to kamloops as well at some point

Tom

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011927
Mobile Version of Website